Sponsored

For those that removed the clutch helper spring . . .

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Yank that damn thing outta there and dont fall for no gimmicky aftermarket spring.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Yank that damn thing outta there and dont fall for no gimmicky aftermarket spring.
It's not gimmicky though. I took mine out and without a spring there was a SLIGHT amount of slop in the pedal. It wasn't much, but it was enough to annoy the hell out of me. The $10 Steeda spring took that right out. And at 35lbs, it doesn't make it much lighter than with no spring at all.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Great question after just rolling past 1K miles, I also was wondering the results.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
+1 for the spring, my biggest issue was the non-linear feel, especially while letting the clutch out (its a dual rate spring/assembly from the factory). The lighter single rate spring makes it much easier to modulate the engagement

Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Took mine out yesterday evening. Definitely a lot more feedback through the pedal. Slight increase in pedal effort is negligible. No regrets so far.

I didn't even know about this until yesterday when I happened upon a Smoking Tire video in which Mr. Farah is driving a modded GT and notices the better pedal feel when the owner says he removed the spring. I immediately went down to my garage and removed mine.

The somewhat numb stock clutch feel wasn't a giant complaint of mine, but every so often I would wish there was more feel through the pedal.

Absolutely worth it. Only takes a long screwdriver and 2 minutes of your time.

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I really need to give this a spin for a while... thanks for the feedback/thoughts!

OP
OP

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just installed the Steeda spring. I did not reinstall the small helper spring given the length of the new spring compared to stock. I'm assuming that's the correct solution and the Steeda instructions do not show the helper setup at all.

The feel is very much improved and overall effort is about the same, but without the "dump" engagement of the stock setup. I can now feel the engagement zone, and it is short! With other cars I've adjusted the length of pedal travel to eliminate the long throw before engagement. But, I think I'll roll with this for a while.

For $10 + shipping and 5-10 minutes of fiddling, this is almost a no brainer. While it doesn't transform clutch engagement, it is a very noticeable and desirable improvement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You did the right thing, you replace the dual spring with the single rate steeda.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Mine shipped today. I'll get it installed next week.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
I have had several GT350 owners try out the steeda spring in mine, and all have ordered. Best $20 mod you'll do

ShelbyVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Put my spring in today. Weird thing is that the old spring was comprised of 2 springs. The main one was the thick one everyone is used to. The second one was a small one with a white plastic piece. What's that about?
Sponsored