Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I thought this was interesting- Ford appears to have started a fad with our engines. I wonder if they will have the same problems we have seen

I was just thinking this yesterday. The GT350 always gets high praise for its character mainly due to the engine. It was the first time an affordable FPC engine was made available, and was shown it could be done. Next thing you know a few years later you hear rumors of a FPC Corvette, and now an FPC Mercedes.

The GT350 opened the doors to mass market FPC engines in a way I think the C8 Corvette will open up the doors to mass market mid-engine cars in the future. That's my hope at least.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm no engine expert by any stretch, but I don't think Ford started a fad. Ferrari's been doing it for a long time. It's nothin new. I'd guess, as with maaannnyyy things, technology is opening a lot of doors for a lot of options that we just couldn't/wouldn't have seen even just 3, 5, 10 years ago.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm no engine expert by any stretch, but I don't think Ford started a fad. Ferrari's been doing it for a long time. It's nothin new. I'd guess, as with maaannnyyy things, technology is opening a lot of doors for a lot of options that we just couldn't/wouldn't have seen even just 3, 5, 10 years ago.
Hey can appreciate that... but I can also appreciate that Ford went beyond the traditional and excited people in a way that the car had not done so before.

IMHO, Mercedes are boring. Having a FPC in that ride will definitely give it an alternate ego. Also, IMHO, corvettes are retiree cars but the new Z06 has me on the edge of my seat salivating merely because of the GT350.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey can appreciate that... but I can also appreciate that Ford went beyond the traditional and excited people in a way that the car had not done so before.

IMHO, Mercedes are boring. Having a FPC in that ride will definitely give it an alternate ego. Also, IMHO, corvettes are retiree cars but the new Z06 has me on the edge of my seat salivating merely because of the GT350.
Oh no, I completely agree. Agree with all of it actually, LOL. I'm a die hard Ford/Mustang guy my whole life, but if not for this 350, a C7 ZO6 is probably where I would have landed; sorry to say. I won't be getting one, but I also can't wait to see a C8 version.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Edited for incorrect content. Nothing to see here........:facepalm:

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no, I completely agree. Agree with all of it actually, LOL. I'm a die hard Ford/Mustang guy my whole life, but if not for this 350, a C7 ZO6 is probably where I would have landed; sorry to say. I won't be getting one, but I also can't wait to see a C8 version.
I am not a Ford Mustang guy at all, but the gt350 is where i landed.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yamaha has been using flat plane crank engines in a few of their motorcycles for years.....I.E. the R1.
Uummm, I don't think that's correct. Yamaha has some unique crankshaft configurations (for an I-4), but it's not a flat plane that I've ever heard of.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The R1 is cross plane. All other I4 bike engines are flat plane crank. That’s why the R1 and the MotoGP engine are more twin like, and not screamers.
This.

The vast majority of I4 engines are flat plane, and why most have a balance shaft. The larger the displacement, the worse the vibration.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350