FL2087 Oil Filter O-Rings...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So does this mean that any previous sales of filters that were missing o rings are to have them provided after the fact?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol yay more filter issues.
Be thankful for the filters that were available.

So I had to buy a few o rings, big deal.....

Think about Ford holding back all those filters for a few o rings. All of a sudden you can't change your oil.

Think about your half wit reply......

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
So does this mean that any previous sales of filters that were missing o rings are to have them provided after the fact?
I'm curious about this too. Obviously the o-rings were cheap for those of us who had to buy them, but it will be interesting to see what happens, if anything. I'm just happy to have gotten my hands on the filter!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I get back tomorrow and I need to see my parts professionals at my dealership. I'll see what they have to say. Methinks all of us who were lucky enough to get filters will have to buy the o rings. Im ok with that. The alternative would be no filters at all.

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
I had RockAuto refund me enough money for me to purchase the o-rings from my dealer. The dealerships should do the same, especially since the filters weren't discounted without the o-rings.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I had RockAuto refund me enough money for me to purchase the o-rings from my dealer. The dealerships should do the same, especially since the filters weren't discounted without the o-rings.
What are they? 80 cents each?

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
What are they? 80 cents each?
I think I paid $0.84 each at my dealer but it's a hassle to have to go there after spending $30 in shipping and $30 for each filter from a dealer.

I just got confirmation from my dealer that they are getting the o-rings overnight, like the letter says above. I imagine they will be sending the those of us that got filters.

Last edited:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Be thankful for the filters that were available.

So I had to buy a few o rings, big deal.....

Think about Ford holding back all those filters for a few o rings. All of a sudden you can't change your oil.

Think about your half wit reply......
My half wit reply was joking about the constant fuckup that Ford has become and probably will continue to be. I see you stiff upper crust elitists can't even laugh at a situation.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My half wit reply was joking about the constant fuckup that Ford has become and probably will continue to be. I see you stiff upper crust elitists can't even laugh at a situation.
Aside from your quibbling, how is this Ford’s fault? They specifically said their filters are manufactured by a third party.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Aside from your quibbling, how is this Ford’s fault? They specifically said their filters are manufactured by a third party.

They are sold by Ford as a Ford part in Fords supply chain. Correct? It's a Ford problem....again. Which is now our problem.....again. Once again you stiff fucks can't even laugh at this absurd problem.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The world is upside down and on a trajectory we haven't seen. The filter debacle falls right in line. We'll get through it.

I'm not here to scortch the earth so I'll add this one only as a point of reference. Might be ambiguous as it can be interpreted more than one way. I have no doubt that behind the scenes there is some serious finger pointing going on. Some people or some entity isn't getting it done.

This was as of a few days ago...

674513486(1)a.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Laugh about the situation? There is nothing to laugh at, its not funny.

You were the guy who was perfectly fine installing an aftermarket filter. I even offered you an OEM filter and you didn't want it. Since you don't care and its not "your" problem, why the post? And why is this now "our" problem when you are not part of "our"?

I'm sticking to my guns. That reply was a half wit reply. It sounded like a drive by poke at Ford and a problem you have nothing to do with because you don't use oem filters and even when offered one, you didn't want it.

You call me elitist? Upper crust? All I can say to that is I work hard for the money and things I have. I dont have to resort to making my own cold air intake or buy aftermarket oil filters because they cost a little more. I remember one time my wife and I were in Sydney Australia. We were checking in for our flight home in the business class line. A family walked by and the little kid said to his parents "look there are some rich assholes". Well he might have been right, maybe not, but it sure reflected the kind of people they were in how they carried themselves and the language those parents must have taught their kid to use....... kind of like you do.

Again I reiterate my position..... I am thankful that people had the opportunity to get filters while they could. Had they stopped sale of these filters a while back, people would have been stuck. I think most of the community took advantage of the opportunity that I helped to create.

Despite your behavior, if you change your mind on aftermarket and you need a filter and can't find one, let me know and this upper crust elitist will help you out.
Sponsored

Last edited: