Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've got plans to install one of these later this winter in conjunction with the remainder of the stock exhaust, but am curious if anyone had fitment issues of any kind with this unit. If I can pull off the install in my garage in a matter of an hour or so with no BS I'm all for it.

I only ask because I installed a "bolt-on" full exhaust system on an old car last winter and had to remake a good portion of it. I don't care to repeat that debacle....
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I've got plans to install one of these later this winter in conjunction with the remainder of the stock exhaust, but am curious if anyone had fitment issues of any kind with this unit. If I can pull off the install in my garage in a matter of an hour or so with no BS I'm all for it.

I only ask because I installed a "bolt-on" full exhaust system on an old car last winter and had to remake a good portion of it. I don't care to repeat that debacle....
I did , not on the stock exhaust but same diameter pipe. You may end up cutting some back part of the exhaust. It comes pretty long!

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've got no problem with cutting excess pipe, it becomes an issue when things aren't bent/welded right and don't fit.

I just don't want a simple X-pipe swap to turn into an expensive 10-hour clusterf*ck like re-engineering an entire mid pipe section from scratch, mentioned above....

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I've got no problem with cutting excess pipe, it becomes an issue when things aren't bent/welded right and don't fit.

I just don't want a simple X-pipe swap to turn into an expensive 10-hour clusterf*ck like re-engineering an entire mid pipe section from scratch, mentioned above....
Mine went on pretty straight and easy. Just drop the entire system on the floor, unbolt the hangers from the subframe and the muffler hangers will slide out fairly easy. Easier to layout cuts if you can just lay the xpipe over the existing system to mark it. Sawzall zips right through it. You have to do the typically pipe shifts with the clamps semi tight but aligns fairly well. I don't not recall the directions being overly useful. Better to cut twice than wish you did :)

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Installed the Ford Performance X-pipe in my garage on jack stands. No issues at all.
Like others have said...measure twice, cut once.
Fitment was very good. No problems.

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Fitment was great. Just make sure that you're spot on with your measurements.
Sponsored