Sponsored

Finally in my hands!!! European owners list

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
There is a difference in the seat upholstery (vinyl versus vinyl with leather parts) and the stitching of the seats (color of the stitching and stiching pattern).

Also the two top panels on the dash are slightly different (vinyl versus leather, the latter with real stitching versus pressed-in fake stitching at the edges for the vinyl parts).

Same thing for the armrest.

Supposedly the door panel plastic is also different, but personally and from all the pictures I have seen so far I have my doubts about that.

All'n all I think it's not that much of a deal. Both types of materials are borderline quality anyway.

I understand that there now appears to be a difference. What I mean is when I ordered it and I asked about the custom pack I was told 'the only difference in the custom pack and what you picked for extras is the chrome trim and the wheels.'

There was no mention of trim level etc as all UK models were supposed to get the 'premium interior'

That was my understanding.

It's no big issue cos I won't give a toss when I hit the start button [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Supposedly the door panel plastic is also different, but personally and from all the pictures I have seen so far I have my doubts about that.

All'n all I think it's not that much of a deal. Both types of materials are borderline quality anyway.
It is 100% confirmed, even by one of polish Ford dealer on their Facebook.

It is much of a deal. With PP you get good quality material like in BMW, without PP plastic similar to S197, Dacia or Lada.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I will ask to check it out on Monday or Thursday when officially pick up my car.
I do know I have faux stitch on the dash, the pocket in the center has a real black stitch while PP has white stitch, and my seats feel great and are perforated as well.

On the German forum there is a full comparison thread with pictures side by side.
What forum is that ?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
It is 100% confirmed, even by one of polish Ford dealer on their Facebook.

It is much of a deal. With PP you get good quality material like in BMW, without PP plastic similar to S197, Dacia or Lada.
I wouldn't dare to compare my non custom pack interior with a Lada or Dacia though, the leather is very good and according to my dealer a bit thicker than the custom pack. Yet both are very porous, the sides are vinyl I think.

Armrest has real stitch in black vs white in the Custom pack. And the doors are the same except maybe the soft touch vs hard touch... but not 100% confirmed yet, I will definitely ask after the weekend.

The dash faux stitch hasn't bothered me so far, once your behind the wheel you forget about all the pro's vs cons in fraction of a second! You have a reason and every right to choose the custom pack or not. I didn't want the chrome and the wheels, so I added the options independently.

What forum is that ?
http://www.mustang6.de I can't find the comparison thread though, will update if I find it.

Last edited:

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've told you that it is 100% confirmed. Don't ask your dealer they don't know what they are selling. Just check it yourself.

I didn't compare all the interior to Lada, only door panel plastic. I've had s197 and know how shitty plastic it has.

I did the same but nobody told me that together with black wheels I will get cheap plastic as a bonus.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Nobody told you you wouldnt get cheap plastic either. The basic EU trim is the US premium interior. The custom pack gets the 68b or whatever upgrade they have in the US. Specs were subject to change - if you were unsure what you got you should've waited till the cars were on the lot.

Or found a better dealer - mine was pretty forthcoming with this info, called Ford if he didn't know...

ZASKAR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rotaryspain.club
Vehicle(s)
BMW E61 525d xDrive
The problem is that they don't know what they are selling and the brochure doesn't neither because it has no info about it.

When I was at The dealer they didn't know for example that the front of the V8 is different to the Ecoboost.

They know nothing...

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Just had a look on the ford Poland site and the ford United Kingdom.

They are different configurations for the build your mustang.

Poland gets a 'premium option' to change the trim to 'unique trim and stitching'

This is stated as an option on ford Poland where it is not mentioned on the ford United Kingdom page. We also get the thatchcam alarm as standard where it's an option in Poland.

But time will tell as the first UK mustangs in RHD should be arriving in the next few months.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I've told you that it is 100% confirmed. Don't ask your dealer they don't know what they are selling. Just check it yourself.

I didn't compare all the interior to Lada, only door panel plastic. I've had s197 and know how shitty plastic it has.

I did the same but nobody told me that together with black wheels I will get cheap plastic as a bonus.
Do you want a refund, cos that's the best your lawyers are gonna get you? Ford are building the cars they're building for each individual market. Let us know how it goes. Personally I'm buying a Mustang, not a collection of quality materials.

Poland gets a 'premium option' to change the trim to 'unique trim and stitching'

This is stated as an option on ford Poland where it is not mentioned on the ford United Kingdom page. We also get the thatchcam alarm as standard where it's an option in Poland.

But time will tell as the first UK mustangs in RHD should be arriving in the next few
As I say, I'm looking forward to getting the Stang. We've not been told about uprated interiors so I'm not concerned about it. Can live without white stitching anyway as it just gets dirty. Another member suggested that the RHD cards may only have one interior due to the relatively small numbers.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
It's just funny that Ford UK didn't tell us about different interiors with the custom pack as I'm sure more people would have gone for it if they knew, plus more cash for Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Another member suggested that the RHD cards may only have one interior due to the relatively small numbers.

This makes sense as ford wouldn't want to have to convert two trim levels over to RHD when doing one would be cheaper

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

But time will tell as the first UK mustangs in RHD should be arriving in the next few months.

According to Etis my car has the ebony leather interior with Lunar contrast stitching. I thought the contrast stitching was part of the premium interior? (I haven't got the custom pack)

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
According to Etis my car has the ebony leather interior with Lunar contrast stitching. I thought the contrast stitching was part of the premium interior? (I haven't got the custom pack)

From what I've read and been told I believe and hope all UK orders will get a 'premium' interior as standard. And what yours says would agree with that.

Euro LHD models, if the polish site is anything to go by have to select it as an option.

.Jim.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT EU Spec (PP, Premium, Custom)
It's just funny that Ford UK didn't tell us about different interiors with the custom pack as I'm sure more people would have gone for it if they knew plus more cash for Ford.
In an internal document from Ford to the resellers about the differences between the US and EU version there is some info that says;

PCAP: (Whatever PCAP means, guess it´s the same as custom package, premium package etc.)
- Black Leather Seats, premium leather
- Real Stitching on IP
- Matching door inserts

Regarding incorrect info. in the brochure, in the Swedish one, page 48, it says "Driver seat with memory function". I guess it´s wrong..

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
I also think that we are trying to compare the EURO LHD versions to the UK RHD version. Which is possibly causing confusion as well.

Sponsored