stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What do you mean " didn't order PP" ???

PP is standard to all EU models.

Do you mean custom pack?
In Poland Custom Pack is named Premium Pack, it is exactly the same pack.

The UK brochure says this:

"The Custom Pack is available on both 2.3 and 5.0 models and includes generous levels of additional equipment featuring an enhanced audio system, climate controlled seats, reverse parking sensors, 19" alloy wheels in Lustre Nickel and chrome side window surrounds on Fastback models
ÂŁ1,795."

I'm gonna be pretty peed off if I find that I've missed out on a premium interior as I did order the Sat Nav/Shaker Pro and parking sensors separately.
You can be now. It is confirmed that plastic door panel in Custom/Premium Pack is soft touch plastic, without this pack we get cheap hard plastic similar to 5 generation Mustang. There isn't any information in specification about that. We were cheated by Ford.
We all should call and write to Ford Europe with this issue.
Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
There is also a difference of the stitching on the dashboard. Premium Pack/Custom Pack will have white stitching. The non-PP cars still have stitching but not white and at a slightly different place.

The really positive thing with the non-PP cars are the leather, you actually get leather! The PP cars gets a leather/vinyl mix....:doh:

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
The UK brochure says 'premium interior ambiance featuring choice of leather trims'

The custom pack option only shows shaker pro, nav, climate seats, Rev sensors, Nickel wheels and chrome'

My understanding was all UK cars get the same interior but custom adds a few more external features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There is also a difference of the stitching on the dashboard. Premium Pack/Custom Pack will have white stitching. The non-PP cars still have stitching but not white and at a slightly different place.

The really positive thing with the non-PP cars are the leather, you actually get leather! The PP cars gets a leather/vinyl mix....:doh:
I am sure that non-PP cars also has vinyl/leather mix seats. It is standard in all modern cars, even premium cars like BMW and Mercedes.

The UK brochure says 'premium interior ambiance featuring choice of leather trims'

The custom pack option only shows shaker pro, nav, climate seats, Rev sensors, Nickel wheels and chrome'

My understanding was all UK cars get the same interior but custom adds a few more external features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right, the same situation in Poland. We were misled during making order. This issue is for lawyers but we should call to Ford Europe.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I am sure that non-PP cars also has vinyl/leather mix seats. It is standard in all modern cars.

Oh yes. But some guys on the german forum reckons one can actually feel the difference between the two when a PP and a non-PP cars are next to each other.

Personally i dont care. I just know that the seats are very comfortable and the leather feels nice.

Sponsored

.Jim.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT EU Spec (PP, Premium, Custom)
The main reason why I ordered the custom pack was to get the premium interior. Sat nav and the rest I could do without, but I guess in reality the difference isn't that huge. My original plan was to have the wheels repainted to black, but after seeing the wheels on some pics now I'm not so sure anymore - I might keep the silver...

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh yes. But some guys on the german forum reckons one can actually feel the difference between the two when a PP and a non-PP cars are next to each other.

Personally i dont care. I just know that the seats are very comfortable and the leather feels nice.
Maybe this leather difference is in plus? Polish brochure says that with PP we get LUX leather seats with unique stitches and inserts. But it still doesn't mean that we get better plastic door panels and different dashboard.

UK brochure says nothing about LUX leather seats .
This is definitely case for lawyers.

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I will ask to check it out on Monday or Thursday when officially pick up my car.
I do know I have faux stitch on the dash, the pocket in the center has a real black stitch while PP has white stitch, and my seats feel great and are perforated as well.

On the German forum there is a full comparison thread with pictures side by side.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this leather difference is in plus? Polish brochure says that with PP we get LUX leather seats with unique stitches and inserts. But it still doesn't mean that we get better plastic door panels and different dashboard.

UK brochure says nothing about LUX leather seats .
This is definitely case for lawyers.

I think you will find that Ford has reserved the rights for misprint....thereby being completely safe.

The colour of the stitching on the seats are different, but the actual seat formation, pattern etc are the same across the range on normal standard seats (ie not the Recaro's).

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Misprint is only simple print mistake. Incompatible specification is not just a misprint. Specification is an attachment to my contract.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
though we haven't yet printed brochure and ifo is very lacky, in the online configurator when you choose the Custom pack\Premium pack (here it's called Mustang pack) the seats changed to PREMIUM leather seats. However, no mention of better interiors but I remember that in some euro countries was reported the 'better interior' note so I went for the Custom Pack.

The different stitching in the dash\panel is: white real stitching in Custom pack, fake (it seems only 'stitch shaped') black stitching without.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
The UK brochure says this:

"The Custom Pack is available on both 2.3 and 5.0 models and includes generous levels of additional equipment featuring an enhanced audio system, climate controlled seats, reverse parking sensors, 19" alloy wheels in Lustre Nickel and chrome side window surrounds on Fastback models
ÂŁ1,795."

I'm gonna be pretty peed off if I find that I've missed out on a premium interior as I did order the Sat Nav/Shaker Pro and parking sensors separately.

Note how it doesn't say it is limited to what it listed? I think they are pretty safe to add whatever they want to the pack without your lawyer getting anything out of it... Is it bad marketing to not list all features? Sure, but I'm also sure the specs we've seen 'are subject to change'...

I went for the pa k for no other reason than to not miss out (and up here it was cheaper than all the options by themselves...)

ZASKAR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rotaryspain.club
Vehicle(s)
BMW E61 525d xDrive
In the spanish brochure there is nothing about better interiors or door panels, the same as UK, Poland, etc brochure.

Only if you pay attention in the pics of the brochure it can be seen that with the Premium Pack the dashboard has white stitch... but no mention about it...

I have noticed this thank to this thread on the forum...
2015-08-15 21.12.37.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I thought the only difference in the custom pack was the wheels and chrome. As far as I knew the rest of the car is exactly the same. No difference in the interior trim.
There is a difference in the seat upholstery (vinyl versus vinyl with leather parts) and the stitching of the seats (color of the stitching and stiching pattern).

Also the two top panels on the dash are slightly different (vinyl versus leather, the latter with real stitching versus pressed-in fake stitching at the edges for the vinyl parts).

Same thing for the armrest.

Supposedly the door panel plastic is also different, but personally and from all the pictures I have seen so far I have my doubts about that.

All'n all I think it's not that much of a deal. Both types of materials are borderline quality anyway.
Sponsored