N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
True, also magazines usually got 'ringer' cars.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think in some cases they still do.

I remember a test of the Z28 vs GT350R specifically. That Chevy was REALLY happy.

It still lost badly, but it was faster than it should have been.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
It almost sounds like AI to me. A lot of videos are going that way. It might not be, it’s getting hard to tell these days
It’s entirely possible, or even probable. Just furthers my opinion, if it’s something you’re passionate about why not voice over and read a script or something?
Maybe I’m just too hopeful for todays youth.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s entirely possible, or even probable. Just furthers my opinion, if it’s something you’re passionate about why not voice over and read a script or something?
Maybe I’m just too hopeful for todays youth.
Yeah, I’m with you. That’s the problem with a lot of these YouTubers these days. A lot of them aren’t passionate about the hobby, they just see all the likes/subscribes/views that other channels get and figure they can make a quick buck. And they probably can’t tell a Mustang from a Mazda.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah, I’m with you. That’s the problem with a lot of these YouTubers these days. A lot of them aren’t passionate about the hobby, they just see all the likes/subscribes/views that other channels get and figure they can make a quick buck. And they probably can’t tell a Mustang from a Mazda.
I agree. It's gotten so bad that I tend to not click on YouTube links in general unless I'm already familiar with the source.

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Interesting video
No mustangs
I'd think a gt 500 would be there.but cobra was #!
have a friend who remembers seeing a Cobra at the Ford dealership for $6000 and thought " who would buy that"
He later saw a guy that drove his to the dragstrip and run 11's and then drive it home. 11's doesn't sound fast but remember no traction control :)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree. It's gotten so bad that I tend to not click on YouTube links in general unless I'm already familiar with the source.
Same here. Every now and then I click on a video that has a good thumbnail, especially with some rare cars. Then the video turns out to be AI narrated and even some of the video looks and sounds not real. So disappointing.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I owned a 64 tri power GTO in 76 that was a very fun car that actually got good fuel mileage for the time if you kept your foot out of the tri power. It was a delete A/C, PS, PB, sound proofing and mastic car with 4 wheel drum brakes and single cylinder master cylinder that only weighed 2875 pounds since Florida used vehicle weight to determine registration costs. It was originally bought in Colorado by a Pontiac mechanic that sold it to me for 800 bucks with 40K miles on it. He had modified the tri power linkage so you could leave the outer carbs unhooked and only run on the center carb. I could get 18 mpg around town and 22mpg on the interstates at 80 mph on the center carb, then hook up the outer carbs to have some fun. You had to feather the throttle to get it to hook up and not just go up in smoke in the first 3 gears. You could be cruising at 60 mph and drop into second and punch it and light the rear tires up at will.
I wish I still had that car but sadly wrapped in around a 72 Sedan Deville on a wet road when I forgot I still had the tri power hooked up and went to pass another car and it immediately went into a 360 degree spin.

BD

64_GTO.jpg

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I owned a 64 tri power GTO in 76 that was a very fun car that actually got good fuel mileage for the time if you kept your foot out of the tri power. It was a delete A/C, PS, PB, sound proofing and mastic car with 4 wheel drum brakes and single cylinder master cylinder that only weighed 2875 pounds since Florida used vehicle weight to determine registration costs. It was originally bought in Colorado by a Pontiac mechanic that sold it to me for 800 bucks with 40K miles on it. He had modified the tri power linkage so you could leave the outer carbs unhooked and only run on the center carb. I could get 18 mpg around town and 22mpg on the interstates at 80 mph on the center carb, then hook up the outer carbs to have some fun. You had to feather the throttle to get it to hook up and not just go up in smoke in the first 3 gears. You could be cruising at 60 mph and drop into second and punch it and light the rear tires up at will.
I wish I still had that car but sadly wrapped in around a 72 Sedan Deville on a wet road when I forgot I still had the tri power hooked up and went to pass another car and it immediately went into a 360 degree spin.

BD

64_GTO.jpg

BD

64_GTO.jpg
Nice car.like the
wheels.had several gtos over the years 2 65s and 1 70
Got involved in the hobby and had a frame off resto on my 65.4spd.vert tri power car
Took it to drag strip best time was 13.5 which was pretty good fir the day.heres the car.im 79 and just couldn't keep up with Maintaing the car.so sold it

1716038934562-eh.png

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1970 Chevelle LS6 vert just went for $600k on Mecum. Beautiful car

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Lots of LS6 70 Chevelles, not many survived. The LS6 convertible combo makes that one special of the special.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Nice car.like the
wheels.had several gtos over the years 2 65s and 1 70
Got involved in the hobby and had a frame off resto on my 65.4spd.vert tri power car
Took it to drag strip best time was 13.5 which was pretty good fir the day.heres the car.im 79 and just couldn't keep up with Maintaing the car.so sold it

1716038934562-eh.png
I bet with todays tires we could get the goats into the 11s pretty easy. The old bias belted tires of the 60 and 70s were not really good at hooking up under the big V8s of the era. Best I ever got in the 1/4 with mine was 12.8s in perfect atmospheric conditions and a lot of throttle feathering to prevent wheel spin. The fact it only weighed 2875 pounds helped and hurt it at the same time, light enough it would accelerate easy but not heavy enough to get the rear tires to bite well. If I just dumped the clutch from a stop, it would smoke the tires thru the first 3 gears till I shifted to 4th at 100 mph.

BD

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase