Sponsored

Extra pamphlet from owner's manual says to use Oil Catch can for track use..

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Needing the track pack on a track car to umm track does seem kinda odd. GM already said the 16 SS is ready besides taking off the gas mileage helpers, under car shield, control arm shields, and brake rotor shields.
I forgot about the 16 SS having coolers and technically being "track ready". With that said plenty of guys are tracking their 15 GTs without additional cooling so who knows how the base and Tech Pack cars will really perform.
Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That doesn't make any sense......it would have to be more for a bending/deflection issue. Weight shouldn't change the alignment of the car.

I haven't seen them say it uses different bushings or anything like that. possibly there is that much movement in the bushings and the tires cause it to move that much? Either way on the races cars we run 1/8" total toe out at the front and close to 3/16 to 1/4" toe in at the back of the car...and that is on slicks with spherical bearings so nothing moves outside of the normal arc of travel.

Maybe weight was the wrong thing to say there, but they mentioned having to retune the suspension on the R because the wheels caused some instability compared to the regular GT350 wheels. I figured that was more to do with weight than material characteristics, but I don't know. Like I said, it was a guess.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I forgot about the 16 SS having coolers and technically being "track ready". With that said plenty of guys are tracking their 15 GTs without additional cooling so who knows how the base and Tech Pack cars will really perform.
There was a few reviews stating that oil temps were quite high, probably something to do with the Voodoo running hot.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Caster is just camber when the tire is turned
Derp. My brain didn't make this connect, but yeah, that makes total sense now that I think about it. Thanks!

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Subscribed ...

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
An acquaintance of mine who does stability management for Ford said, you can run a GTPP for about 25 minutes before you need to start slowing down some.

Very interested in the Ford Performance GT350 catch can.
Sponsored