Sponsored

Expected delivery date for ordered 2016?

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
Hello everyone,

I had ordered a 2016 GT 6mt, premium back in May, and curious what I should expect for a delivery date?

I was told by my dealership to expect the vehicle delivery early November, which I find somewhat difficult to believe. I was under the impression these 2016s start production early August. Does it really take 4 months of production time to deliver a Ford Mustang?

I was really hoping to enjoy my new car this summer, rather than driving it home from the dealer and essentially putting it into storage and waiting for the winter to pass.

Does anyone have some more concrete information? The wait is killing me!
Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Only stock orders begin production in early August. If yours was ordered as "retail" as most were, don't expect it to be built until late August at the earliest. I would expect delivery by October though.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
There are a number of factors that affect the total time between order and delivery, some of which include quality hold time, transportation, and production dates. I suspect your dealer is trying to conservatively estimate a time.

To get some insight into the full process, take a look at the Wiki. There is a section that details the process located here.

Good luck, and hope your wait is shorter rather than longer.

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I was told by my dealer that I can expect it late September or early October.

It's a long waiting game, but will be worth it in the end. I rather wait a little longer, than be one of the first made while they work out any production issues.

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
I have my VIN and build date of 8/10 (stock order thanks to my dealer). Crossing my fingers for a late August or early September delivery. If I understand correctly the build date is the date it is leaving the factory and ready for transportation. Hopefully since this not a new car design all of the QC and production issues are all gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
Thanks for everyone's response. I've been interested in and researching Mustang's for several years, what's another few months.

slow twitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterror
I ordered 6/20/15. I was told last week that my build date was 8/17 and the earliest delivery date I could request was 10/22. I ordered through military auto source, I'm not sure if that has something to do with the 2 month wait.

JRivera

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP
I also ordered mine through MAS. I had originally ordered a 2015 back in Jan with a pickup date of Aug 03. Then on Jun 20 I changed my order to a 2016 model, the sales rep told me he had to change the delivery date to Oct 15 because of the change, he said he would try to get it to me sooner, but couldn't make any promises. I've been checking with Deysha from Ford Services, and they're showing Sep 15 as the delivery date at the dealership (which is still subject to change). MAS reps have been very helpful so far in my experience.

Last edited:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for everyone's response. I've been interested in and researching Mustang's for several years, what's another few months.
Once it schedules it’ll be easier, because we’ll have more info, jon2002. Keep checking with me every couple of weeks.

I ordered 6/20/15. I was told last week that my build date was 8/17 and the earliest delivery date I could request was 10/22. I ordered through military auto source, I'm not sure if that has something to do with the 2 month wait.
I’m happy to check on it for you, slow twitch. PM me with your VIN, so I can help.

I also ordered mine through MAS. I had originally ordered a 2015 back in Jan with a pickup date of Aug 03. Then on Jun 20 I changed my order to a 2016 model, the sales rep told me he had to change the delivery date to Oct 15 because of the change, he said he would try to get it to me sooner, but couldn't make any promises. I've been checking with Deysha from Ford Services, and they're showing Sep 15 as the delivery date at the dealership (which is still subject to change). MAS reps have been very helpful so far in my experience.
You’re very welcome, JRivera!

Deysha

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Were you guys deployed when you ordered or do they work stateside too now? Mine is on order right now with a 7/1/16 delivery date. I need to get off this rock.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So has anybody who ordered a Convertible get a build date yet? Ordered mine May 26th and still no date! Hoping its due to convertibles get started later and not a dealer allocation issue! :shrug:

Mullethunter324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Vert / 2009 Cobalt SS
So has anybody who ordered a Convertible get a build date yet? Ordered mine May 26th and still no date! Hoping its due to convertibles get started later and not a dealer allocation issue! :shrug:
Not yet. Hopefully mine arrives late Sept/early Oct so I can get a little drive time in before Wisco weather goes to crap.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Interested to hear when someone with a retail order gets scheduled.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang