Exhaust default

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Confirm ,always goes back to normal.....I think something I did not know is even in normal mode valves open up as you open up !:headbang::). Darn I think I might have to go for another test drive now. You guys are gonna like this car, I guarantee it. :cheers:
Tell us more the waiting is killing me .....but @ least it's built. It's waiting for shipping to Atlanta area.:clap2:
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The previous Gen NPP was also based on throttle position and RPM. The new NPP is based on drive mode. Might not work with these cars since its dependent on drive mode or exhaust mode, say if the circuitry for the exhaust mode is hardwired through the drive modes as well. If that is the case (not saying it is), you could really fook something up or the car would throw a CEL.
I had a C7 with NPP and you could set the mode wide open valves and it would stay that way forever.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
On my F80 M3 you could unplug the electric switch that opens the exhaust valves with them open and then the exhaust would stay open all the time without any errors/warnings. If these are electrically controlled, which I think they would have to be with a button, then you should theoretically be able to do that same thing.

Take a look under the car where the valves are and let us know what you see.

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
On my F80 M3 you could unplug the electric switch that opens the exhaust valves with them open and then the exhaust would stay open all the time without any errors/warnings. If these are electrically controlled, which I think they would have to be with a button, then you should theoretically be able to do that same thing.

Take a look under the car where the valves are and let us know what you see.
Same thing for a family members Audi S7

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Tell us more the waiting is killing me .....but @ least it's built. It's waiting for shipping to Atlanta area.:clap2:
I got out today for a bit , high 40's damp, put about 75 miles on ,a couple observations. Till you get warmed up, there is a little throttle surging, goes away aftertemp/oil temp gets up. there is a fair amount of vibration/maybe more a resonation especially up above 5500 or so.I think it is normal but it is definitely a different animal than a "Normal" engine. I've wound it out a couple times near redline and it's incredible!:) Driving pretty aggressively on winding roads in track mode car is flat and the Tech seats are surprisingly grippy......Track time i'm sure you will bounce around some, still I'm encouraged by what I feel. On another note Regular race ramps work fine, for reference my 07 500 hits without additional ramp so this is good. WELL I think it's time for another "Run", might be late for work :gossip::doh::)
350-2 003.jpg
350-2 002.jpg
350-3 002.jpg
350-3 003.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
Bullitman

Hey bullitman. It seems we ordered the IDENTICLE car. I could not get over the racing stripes though. For some reason they just bothered me. It was a very hard decision but I finally decided to take them off. And I know this is just a matter of opinion but that deep impact blue looks so much better without that stripe. Just letting you know my opinion in case the thought has crossed your mind

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Hey bullitman. It seems we ordered the IDENTICLE car. I could not get over the racing stripes though. For some reason they just bothered me. It was a very hard decision but I finally decided to take them off. And I know this is just a matter of opinion but that deep impact blue looks so much better without that stripe. Just letting you know my opinion in case the thought has crossed your mind
CONGRATS ! you are right color is subjective. Good thing about vinyl strips they can come off if desired :) Good luck with your ride. I'm sure you are liking it.

OP
OP

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
Hey Burndog,

Congrats on your new car. I hope you're ultimately able to enjoy it, in spite of having to hit a switch!

How spoiled have we become, that driving what is truely an American Exotic is less than wonderful, because we have to flip a switch? Soldier on Burndog, though it's clearly emotionally and physically daining....flip a switch.

In the future these will be the stories we tell our grandkids, "In my day to get the amazing sound track of ground breaking tech, we had to hit a switch." You kid's just don't realize how easy you have it with your fancy neural iimplants and jetpacks!

Just giving you the blues, YES it would be nice to be able to set you favorite as the default! Enjoy your amazing ride!

Hey Eric,

I saw a panty untwister on amazon for 14.99. I can get you the link if you need it? This thread was nothing more than an effort to find out if there is a better way to use my car. I'm really sorry that you don't have one and I hope that you decide not to kill yourself and live on. Life is too short and it can be really enjoyable. When but when you have that much hate in your heart, I'm afraid it can be difficult. Sorry about your luck.:brokenheart:

OP
OP

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
CONGRATS ! you are right color is subjective. Good thing about vinyl strips they can come off if desired :) Good luck with your ride. I'm sure you are liking it.
It just took my love for the car from a 9.8 to a 9.9 is all. Having a blast. Sounds like you're really enjoying yours too. Congrats on an early delivery!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I thought the stereo and A/C controls might be a nuisance too. So I didn't get them ;-)

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The exhaust defaults to normal because of local noise ordinances. Ford doesn't want you to offend the Harley owner next door with your loud exhaust. :rolleyes:

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
That's a bummer because the marketing guy at Track Tour told me you could set it open and it would stay that way.

Anyway GT350 TracKey should leave the exhaust wide open all the time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
A pair of exhaust mode changes my buddy recorded earlier today....

[ame]

[ame]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Gosh I miss that sound. Congrats fellas.
Sponsored