Sponsored

Exhaust default

burndog79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep private
Anybody figured out if there is a way to change the exhaust default to "sport"? Hate having to hit that switch every time I start the car. (Only complaint so far)
Sponsored

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
That is just how it is. It returns back to normal mode everytime you turn the car off. Ford messed up on that one.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think most of the bi mode exhausts in cars are that way. Chevy guys wire up toggle switch override controls, I'm sure someone will come out with something like that soon.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So far on mine, it starts up in "Normal" driving and exhaust modes by default even if I last shut it down in "Sport" mode for example.

Plus even when you're driving and you manually go thru Track Apps and toggle-on the Sport exhaust mode, it will still revert back to Normal exhaust mode once you switch your Driving mode from Normal to Sport and back to Normal again for example. I played around with this during my 90-minute drive last night.

Im my C7 Z06 and in my Porsche, I have the capability to always leave the dual-mode exhaust in the louder sport or track mode setting. And it stays that way even after turning the car off and back on again. For the Shelby, no biggie for me... no love loss at all. It sounds better than both of those others combined anyway. :D

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I think most of the bi mode exhausts in cars are that way. Chevy guys wire up toggle switch override controls, I'm sure someone will come out with something like that soon.
I think the new NPP on the Camaro keeps it in the last mode used. You are absolutely correct with 2015 and below though. :D

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Complaints are very fricken serious here LOL. wow.

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
The buttons on my steering wheel are going to be worn out. It isn't much of a issue for track pack or tech pack owners because they only have one button or toggle to push or flip. For the base you need to navigate through the track apps. I know everyone is going to say it's no big deal but it is kind of a nuisance that could have easily been avoided.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
valves probably fail close so they close when the car is off, assuming they are vacuum controlled

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
So even if you set the exhaust on the sport mode on the steering wheel it goes back ?

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I know on the 1LE camaros with the NPP exhaust you can just pull a fuse and it will stay open/in sport mode. Not sure if that's possible on the 350??

Sponsored

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
When you shut the car off no matter what you had it set to it will always return back to "normal" mode upon restart.

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Confirm ,always goes back to normal.....I think something I did not know is even in normal mode valves open up as you open up !:headbang::). Darn I think I might have to go for another test drive now. You guys are gonna like this car, I guarantee it. :cheers:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Anybody figured out if there is a way to change the exhaust default to "sport"? Hate having to hit that switch every time I start the car. (Only complaint so far)
Hey Burndog,

Congrats on your new car. I hope you're ultimately able to enjoy it, in spite of having to hit a switch!

How spoiled have we become, that driving what is truely an American Exotic is less than wonderful, because we have to flip a switch? Soldier on Burndog, though it's clearly emotionally and physically daining....flip a switch.

In the future these will be the stories we tell our grandkids, "In my day to get the amazing sound track of ground breaking tech, we had to hit a switch." You kid's just don't realize how easy you have it with your fancy neural iimplants and jetpacks!

Just giving you the blues, YES it would be nice to be able to set you favorite as the default! Enjoy your amazing ride!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
As stated, give it some time. The DIY gurus will have a way to make it work soon. :cheers:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I know on the 1LE camaros with the NPP exhaust you can just pull a fuse and it will stay open/in sport mode. Not sure if that's possible on the 350??
The previous Gen NPP was also based on throttle position and RPM. The new NPP is based on drive mode. Might not work with these cars since its dependent on drive mode or exhaust mode, say if the circuitry for the exhaust mode is hardwired through the drive modes as well. If that is the case (not saying it is), you could really fook something up or the car would throw a CEL.
Sponsored