Sponsored

Euro taillight plug and play modification USA

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
So if I want my clear lights to act like yours, what do I need.

This is for a RHD Brit Mustang GT.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I've gone the Opposite way, changed my euro lights for USA lights, but had to get them converted with orange Led's
You willing to sell your clears?

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
So, I just had a chat with a company that makes the tail light sequencers for the US units.

Here's my logic:

1. The "sequencing" is controlled at the BCM. We can't change that (easily) at the moment.
  2. The inline sequencer harnesses take the brake and hazard signals from the BCM, and re-translate those signals to be a sequence.
  3. Using that principle, the same hardware can be used to translate the turn signals, hazards, and brake lights to operate in the same manner as the European lights.
  4. In the reverse, the same can be used to convert the signals on EU-market cars to operate like the US-spec version.

As it turns out, this is an accurate assumption of the technology. However, the company does not currently have the manning resources to dedicate to this right now (understandably, this would fit a very niche market).

The product would of course ideally include the EU-spec plug on one end, and the US-spec plug on the other, so you wouldn't have to manually switch out the pigtails.

So... that's where we are. It's possible, but we need a company to take up the challenge.

OP
OP
ohbuckeyes

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
So, I just had a chat with a company that makes the tail light sequencers for the US units.

Here's my logic:

1. The "sequencing" is controlled at the BCM. We can't change that (easily) at the moment.
  2. The inline sequencer harnesses take the brake and hazard signals from the BCM, and re-translate those signals to be a sequence.
  3. Using that principle, the same hardware can be used to translate the turn signals, hazards, and brake lights to operate in the same manner as the European lights.
  4. In the reverse, the same can be used to convert the signals on EU-market cars to operate like the US-spec version.

As it turns out, this is an accurate assumption of the technology. However, the company does not currently have the manning resources to dedicate to this right now (understandably, this would fit a very niche market).

The product would of course ideally include the EU-spec plug on one end, and the US-spec plug on the other, so you wouldn't have to manually switch out the pigtails.

So... that's where we are. It's possible, but we need a company to take up the challenge.

I looked into that for a little bit, but after calling around and pricing out the connectors needed (2 us spec males, and 2 eu spec females) it put it at $80 or so just for those. (Through the one site that located them and got back to me)

The sequence of the lights doesn't bother me that much to waste more money to just change the pattern a bit.
(Literally changing it delay the two red by a sec or half second delay)
It wouldn't change the fact that the last bulb is amber, which is what 90% of the people who message me or show interest in my last set of clears, seem to care about.

I had sent diode dynamics a message proposing the idea of a simple plug and play harness as your said that would also make it sequential, but they have a lot on their plate as it is.
Ideally it would be nice to simply plug them in and go, but after doing this set, I can say it really wasn't that bad of a swap to justify spending over $100 on any type of harness.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Well, now that the car is FINALLY back, it's install time!

I also created a wiring cheat sheet if anyone is adventurous enough to simply swap the connector end of the wiring harness instead of fiddling around with he internal connector:

Last edited:

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Well, now that the car is FINALLY back, it's install time!

I also created a wiring cheat sheet if anyone is adventurous enough to simply swap the connector end of the wiring harness instead of fiddling around with he internal connector:
Is that what you did? I'm definitely gonna get a set once funds are available.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Is that what you did? I'm definitely gonna get a set once funds are available.
No, I had to swap the harnesses like the others only because I couldn't find a clear image showing the wires at the inside ends of the harness. My research is your benefit though!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

E.jaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB V6 AT51a 3.55 ... Bullitt ordered
Having EU Taillights with US lights behavior is quite easy. Just changing the harness will work.

I'm currently working on the 100% eu setup (no sequential) - no Amber lights when braking or Red lights when turn signals.

I have had to route turn and braking signals from the right side fuse box.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
No, I had to swap the harnesses like the others only because I couldn't find a clear image showing the wires at the inside ends of the harness. My research is your benefit though!
I gotcha. This is on my must do list!
Sponsored