Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
I used a Greddy to Tial adaptor from Ebay. No welding but a machinist would be nice to groove the mating surface. I improvised. Seems to be handling boost.
PXL_20240125_231102745.jpg
PXL_20240124_003859833.jpg
Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I also want to change the BOV that came with the kit. I want something more obnoxious. Lol

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I used a Greddy to Tial adaptor from Ebay. No welding but a machinist would be nice to groove the mating surface. I improvised. Seems to be handling boost.
PXL_20240125_231102745.jpg
PXL_20240124_003859833.jpg
Help my simple brain. What would machining to grove the mating surface achieve? And what was your improvising 😁?

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
I used a drill press with a 2" hole saw to make the groove to accept the intercooler flange. Need a better drill press than mine. If I had to do it again I could make it better. Like I said, no leaks so far. I used an o-ring too.
PXL_20240125_231006635.jpg

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I also want to change the BOV that came with the kit. I want something more obnoxious. Lol
While the Vortech Maxflow will satisfy your obnoxious BOV desires, the Tial Q50 is a direct bolt-on and pretty loud in it's own right without sounding like Oakland whistle tips. IYKYK :crackup:

1715001474004-nc.png

Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
While the Vortech Maxflow will satisfy your obnoxious BOV desires, the Tial Q50 is a direct bolt-on and pretty loud in it's own right without sounding like Oakland whistle tips. IYKYK :crackup:

1715001474004-nc.png
Do you know which BOV is the stock one that comes with the G3 kit? IK cant remember anymore and forget what it looks like now lol. If this is a direct bolt on ill probably go this route first considering its more convenient. Thanks

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know which BOV is the stock one that comes with the G3 kit? IK cant remember anymore and forget what it looks like now lol. If this is a direct bolt on ill probably go this route first considering its more convenient. Thanks
If you are searching for a new BOV due to not having great sound, then you probably have the Precision Turbo BOV that ESS use to sell with their kits as recent as last year. ESS now sells the kits with the Tial. However, the Tial is the "upgrade" BOV and they also offer a cheaper Summit BOV that apparently is just a rebranded Tial and identical.

For me personally, when I ordered my ESS kit in Feb 2023, I opted for No BOV and bought my Tial from Jegs.

1715080156836-yw.png

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I will say I have the Tial currently and cant say I love it lol. To me it's just sounds like I blew a hose off the intercooler and it let out all the boost lol. I know SC isn't gonna sound like a Turbo in regards to BOVs, but the MaxFlow just has more of that stereotypical and well known BOV noise.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will say I have the Tial currently and cant say I love it lol. To me it's just sounds like I blew a hose off the intercooler and it let out all the boost lol. I know SC isn't gonna sound like a Turbo in regards to BOVs, but the MaxFlow just has more of that stereotypical and well known BOV noise.
I just looked up the specs for the Vortech and it's only 38mm vs the Tial 50mm. I wonder if cramming the same amount of release air thru the smaller Vortech is what causes the whistle tips sound. Also, I am sure 38mm is enough opening to release the unused air in most applications but I would still feel more comfortable with the 50mm Tial in that regard.

I would be interested to hear what a Big Red Procharger BOV sounds like though.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I just looked up the specs for the Vortech and it's only 38mm vs the Tial 50mm. I wonder if cramming the same amount of release air thru the smaller Vortech is what causes the whistle tips sound. Also, I am sure 38mm is enough opening to release the unused air in most applications but I would still feel more comfortable with the 50mm Tial in that regard.

I would be interested to hear what a Big Red Procharger BOV sounds like though.
lol i was actually thinking about this recently. is it the amount of air coming out, or is it the physical shape of it. I was wondering if the tial could be modified in a way to make it have that whistle sound.

Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I honestly kind of like the way HKS's BOVs sound... But I don't think there's a way to retrofit it onto the ess intercooler

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly kind of like the way HKS's BOVs sound... But I don't think there's a way to retrofit it onto the ess intercooler
When there is a will, there is always a way. Whether or not it is worth doing it is another topic altogether but I am sure you could get it to work. Pull the intercooler, cut the existing BOV extension off, and then weld in whatever adapter comes with your chosen BOV.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
When there is a will, there is always a way. Whether or not it is worth doing it is another topic altogether but I am sure you could get it to work. Pull the intercooler, cut the existing BOV extension off, and then weld in whatever adapter comes with your chosen BOV.
Yeah, I could definitely weld it in but I don't have a tig welder. Only a fluxcore cheapo one. I'd prefer just to bolt it on to keep it simplistic but you're absolutely right!

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Lol you made me think of this blast from the past

Sponsored