Engine bay cleaning

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel the need to keep my car clean as much as possible and the one area that needs it right now is the motor and engine bay, So I was wondering if anyone has pressure washed their motor and bay yet and if you have had any issues with it.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I either saw a vid or read to just cover the open air filter then have at it but I'd be curious to hear what the pro detainers do for these types of engine bays. I always get nervous with any electrical connections.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
You don't need to use a pressure washer, just a regular garden hose will do.
If you have a CIA then cover up the filter with a shopping bag. Spray down your engine bay. Then either use an Engine cleaner or Simple Green and spray it on the dirty areas. Let it sit for a bit and rinse it off. Dry it with a towel, or use an air hose if you happen to have one.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
You don't need to use a pressure washer, just a regular garden hose will do.
If you have a CIA then cover up the filter with a shopping bag. Spray down your engine bay. Then either use an Engine cleaner or Simple Green and spray it on the dirty areas. Let it sit for a bit and rinse it off. Dry it with a towel, or use an air hose if you happen to have one.
This. The air is huge, a ton of water spots is almost just as bad as a dirty engine

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Your car shouldn't be in need of pressure washing this early in the game. Quick detail spray or diluted simple green and a towel should handle any dust/dirt in the bay. Use that lightly on plastics and then follow up with something to keep your plastics shiny and protected. Doing that once a month should be more than enough.

Sponsored

KY_V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2
I have used pressure washers on every car I have owned for years. But only after a few years of service when the engine bay gets dirty. keep the car running, keep the wand moving. Stay clear of the alternator.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

svtrookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Check out Adam's products. They work great for engine bay details. I use this method on my Cobra with no issues:

[ame]

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Check out Adam's products. They work great for engine bay details. I use this method on my Cobra with no issues:

Definitely not advisable to do ANY detailing with a giant metal belt buckle on!!!!! ( see vid )

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
DO NOT apply simple green to hot engine components or a hot engine bay in general. Will stain surfaces.
Probably a good rule of thumb anyway to never detail your engine bay while it's hot

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
If you stay on of the bay you will never have to use a pressure washer. if you do, all electrical connectors have seals to keep water out but the high pressure from the washer will force water through, BE CAREFUL! Second, after you have used solvents or mild cleaners to clean the bay make sure you apply a corrosion preventative like, WD40 or some other product. If not, you will have surface corrosion in the future GUARANTEE!
Sponsored

Last edited: