Sponsored

EB or GT?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
You are comparing an EB automatic Mustang in which that article was written in 2014 (most likely preproduction and supplied by Ford) to an Edmunds long term road test manual GT in which they couldn't control wheel spin?
Show me some consistent reviews of the EB getting a 5.2 0-60, not just one test. I guarantee I can show plenty of reviews with GTs getting mid 4s.
Wow you GT boys sure are sensitive. Do you need a hug?
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like a quasi motorhead, you need to get the GT,.. if you can afford it's almost $10K premium over the EB, also keep in mind the GT's higher insurance rate and lower gas mileage depending on how you drive it.

I love my EB, it's all I could afford so it wasn't really a decision for me, love modding the thing but the costs add up quickly. My cosmetic mods are done and they cost me about $3K, next because of living in Florida I am going to need a bigger intercooler before I go to a performance tune and then there goes another $1.5K

TC :ford:

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
I bought a 15 Ecoboost. Loved it. Got a bigger intercooler, tune, CAI and waste gate. Loved it more. The next step was a bigger turbo. I said this is silly and traded it in for a 2016 GT. I told myself I wouldn't mod it. Loved it even more. I also lied to myself. The ProCharger is being installed now. :D

Get the GT.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Get the GT for the exhaust note alone. . .naturally aspirated is the way to go

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I wish I was getting closer to 14-15mpg in my GT. Right now with my auto 3:15 GT I get about 12.8-13mpg, I don't even think I've seen over 13 yet. Mainly city driving.
I go WOT almost everywhere and typically average 14-15mpg. I also have the 3.15s. There is a 10 mile stretch of highway just before my house that I cruise at 60mph in 6th, and I suspect that low rpm drive changes my average enough to keep me around 14-15mpg. If most of your driving is full throttle stop and go I can see you having a hard time getting more than 13.

An hour long interstate drive at 80mph gets me 27+mpg every time though. Blows my mind when think of all the horsepower under the hood getting that kind of mpg.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Go the GT it F@#$'n Rocks :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

paulrkiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium
I'm old school so for me it's always a GT or higher.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
if this doesnt clear things up, then i dont know what to do. the freaking eb exhaust is even more expensive than the damn corsa!!!
[ame]

vs
please go to the 1:00 min mark
[ame]

Sponsored

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
It gets better highway mileage than my EB Ford 150

Of course if you play, you have to pay and your mpg drops to
about 15 mpg
Heres my Fuel situation so maybe those of you comparing

, I work 7 days on 7 off, commute is around 464 miles total and when I'm not at work I'm driving around the city of Houston, all in all I put around 18-20k miles a year on my vehicles.

I had a F150 FX2 Tremor, removed the 4:10's put in the 3:55s, going to work cruise control at 75MPH I got 16.2-15.3 MPG and in town it remained the same my average was always around 16.0-.2 MPG

My GT with the 3:55 highway 75MPH Cruise I see 28-24 MPG and in town 17.5-18.2 MPG and this is having fun every so often as well winding out a few of the gears sometimes WOT onto the freeways.

So the GT can get good gas mileage if you use the go button conservatively , that being said.. i wonder why the 3.5 V6 TT ecoboost isn't offered in the Mustang over the 4, must be fitment issue?

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Since again, I had both cars... I can tell you the gas mileage difference. Driven nicely on the highway, the EB could push close to 35 mpg if you put in cruise at 70. The GT can do about 29-30 mpg in the same condition.

I averaged about 23mpg in the EB with a 50-50 mix of city and highway driving, and some stoplight hooning. I averaged about 18mpg doing the same in the GT.

Driving like an asshat for a week.. the EB averaged about 18mpg, and the GT averaged about 15mpg.

Both cars ran premium fuel.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
if this doesnt clear things up, then i dont know what to do. the freaking eb exhaust is even more expensive than the damn corsa!!!

vs
please go to the 1:00 min mark
To be honest that EB sounds waaaay better than a stock EB.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I consider myself a tree hugger....there I said it. If you are not then get the GT. I think that is the argument to be made internally. I am an old, don't need a lot of exhaust noise, tree hugger, want as good a gas mileage as possible.
I am also sorta cheap haha. But want the comforts of the premium package.
So am adding mods to go as fast and safe as possible on the twisty tracks but don't care about 1/4 mile tracks. The EB is lighter so feels a bit better handling for what it is worth.
Sponsored