EB or GT?

OP
OP

JBinSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending acquisition. . . .
:paddle:Haha, I did that with my Corvette a few years back, that went over really well. . .

Finances are a concern, but the delta between a V8 and the EB isn't huge, although I'd have to get a pretty stripped-down GT. Believe it or not, one of the most important things to me is cooled seats, so maybe no PP or Shaker (which is ridiculously priced, but will aftermarkets work with all the other controls enabled?)
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:paddle:Haha, I did that with my Corvette a few years back, that went over really well. . .

Finances are a concern, but the delta between a V8 and the EB isn't huge, although I'd have to get a pretty stripped-down GT. Believe it or not, one of the most important things to me is cooled seats, so maybe no PP or Shaker (which is ridiculously priced, but will aftermarkets work with all the other controls enabled?)
A base GT is still a WHOLE LOTTA car.:thumbsup:

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
To get the cooled seats you would have to get a premium. Base doesn't have them.

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
How long do you want to keep the car? Check resale of ETs vs GTs.

I considered a GT but after driving both (in manual) went with the GT. It felt a lot better to me.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I loved my v6, but as soon as I drove the GT, I knew I made the right decision, in trading up.

Throw on exhaust.....it's amazing. And no this car wont kill you. It is a dog below 3,000 RPM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

You need the Premium for the cooled seats. I planned to buy a base model, but with the 0% financing, and finding a $1000 off (blue tag) car, I was able to get a premium model. Check around for any leftover 2016's, you can probably find a great deal, especially this late in the year. The cooled seats are not that great though, they are OK at best, but I really wanted the leather, and the heated seats works great.

OP
OP

JBinSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending acquisition. . . .
Yep, I'm stalking the '16's in So Cal right now, there aren't many with MT's and convertible left, I'm even thinking of checking AZ/NV as well. . .

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure this debate has been beaten to death, but the Search function didn't give me much info.

I'm debating between a convertible EB or GT MT premium. There's no denying that V8 growl is intoxication, and a blast to drive, but I'm also thinking it might kill me and/or suspend my license.

I currently have a rental EB Premium in A8, and its decently powerful. I drove the EB MT and the GT MT today, and they both were great drives, although obviously the GT had the "wow" factor.

I used to race liter bikes, but then dropped down to small Ninja 300's after realizing its more fun to ride a slow bike fast, instead of a fast bike slow. Since I don't plan on tracking the 'stang, (at least now), I'm trying to convince myself the EB is "enough", but also realize I'll probably have buyer's remorse with whatever decision I make.

If you've been through the same internal debate, which way did you go, and are you happy with your decision?

Thanx,
Joel
I love my EB and have no regrets. Having said that, if you're torn between the two and you have an extra $6-7k for the GT plus extra insurance plus lots of extra gas money plus extra maintenance money, then you should probably get the GT. That's also assuming your conscience doesn't mind the extra carbon footprint.

The EB definitely requires a few mods to get the most out of it, but the same can be said about the GT. If you want it to sound awesome you'll need a good catback exhaust, so plan on dropping $1,500 on that.

As far as killing you/getting you in trouble, you can do that almost as easily in the EB. 320 lb-ft of torque can definitely get you sideways in a hurry, especially with the performance pack's crappy P-Zero summer tires.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Interesting story here. I had parked my Magnetic GT near another Magnetic but it was an Ecoboost. As i walked by it, a nice looking young lady walked up to the Eco. I told her that it looked nice as did mine and how did she like it. She said that it was almost too much fun because she had just gotten a Speeding ticket for 85 mph and she didn't realize she was going that fast. Moral to the story is that anything is capable of getting you a speeding ticket so don't rely on an Ecoboost to save your ass. Buy the GT.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
GT all the way.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So im on my 2nd ecoboost mustang. My first one was a base M6 and my 2nd was a fully loaded A6. GET THE GT, I would have saved a lot of cash if i would have the gt when i traded my first eco in. I'm hoping to be in a gt by next February. As a person who has owned 2 ecoboost mustang's. GET THE GT!!!!!!!

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
GT for the win :headbang:

Do it right the 1st time :thumbsup:

Your always gonna get the ...

"what motor you got in that" and your gonna say "4 Cylinder Turbo Eco Boost"
then it will be dead silence for a few seconds.:headbonk:

Do you want to be that guy :shrug:

Honestly tho, The EB is a great car and I'd be happy with one but it kinda reminds me of when I bought my Sportster and I would occasionally get the whole "Girls bike" thing. When I sold the Sportster and got a Fatboy it was the end of that sh$t :clap2:

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Your always gonna get the ...

'what motor you got in that and your gonna say 4 Cylinder Turbo Eco Boost"
then it will be dead silence for a few seconds.:headbonk:

Do you want to be that guy :shrug:
Oh please, let's stop with the whole EB inferiority complex thing. Anyone who measures my worth as a man or whatever by how much money I spent on my car is not someone I want to be around in any capacity. And no one should feel bad because their ride doesn't have x number of cylinders.

I love V8s and the rumble they make, but the dick measuring is getting old. Not to mention, the V8s (and internal combustion engines in general) will eventually go away completely. When that happens, will we say that none of the new Mustangs are "real Mustangs" because they don't have a V8?

And just for the record, in my 6 months of so of ownership I haven't heard any nasty comments or seen any disrespectful looks. I have had 3 total strangers compliment my car out of the blue, and that has never happened to me.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Buy once, cry once: Just get the GT now and save yourself the depreciation on the EB when you trade it in for the GT later. The EBs kick ass on autocross for sure, but there are tons and tons of "EB to GT" threads here.

I don't think I've seen one the other way 'round yet.
Sponsored