Driveway entrance problems?

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
bridjit works great..still use slight angle. use long 2 x 4 if no bridjit. your wife won't like it but it works.
Sponsored

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
I think the owners manual recommends at 7 degree max incline transition with respect to loading it on a car hauler. Drive way and other street transitions apply as well. If you have some fabrication skills you could fabricate a portable driveway transition piece to facilitate entering or exiting.

re the 911, if nothing is dragging, wheel lift is a gift not a problem

John Montana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT 350
Ugh, seriously? :doh:

I can deal with a light "drag" where it just sort of glides over the concrete - I'm not worried about the bottom. What I don't want is to hit the front edge and catch or flex the splitter enough to risk dislodging it or causing significant damage.

Not sure if you can see from my picture, but the lip on my driveway is only an inch or two. It is the rate at which the slope increases. I don't think this would solve that.
I had basically the same issue and didn't have a double depression like the bridjit video shows. Still works fine. Worth a shot.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i was really surprised by the wheel gap on these that they'd drag everywhere. my solution was to not look under the car and also turn the music up when entering/exiting driveway:D

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
i was really surprised by the wheel gap on these that they'd drag everywhere. my solution was to not look under the car and also turn the music up when entering/exiting driveway:D
Haha, I like this. How much is a non-R front splitter? If the cost isn't too high, I could just say "F-it" and just replace it every time it starts to look like shit.

:lol:

Sponsored

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
About 300 for a non-R splitter.
Easy enough to swap on and off? Do the fasteners hold up or need replacement each time? Does the non-r afford more clearance?
Picking my R up tomorrow!!

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Easy enough to swap on and off? Do the fasteners hold up or need replacement each time? Does the non-r afford more clearance?
Picking my R up tomorrow!!
The non R splitter will not be as prone to scrape as the R splitter but it's not due to clearance as much as how far forward of the wheel centerline that it is and in this respect, makes the R splitter worse as it protrudes farther out. The distance they extend forward allows contact sooner with the road surface as the front tire gets to the low points in the street. I've owned lowered cars for many years with less ground clearance and did not have scraping issues but the Shelby is just scrape prone. The front of the car is just long and is something we must live with. Have to rent a concrete grinder to fix the clearance issue getting into my driveway. I was all set to order springs but after realizing how easily it scrapes decided against it. The only real solution are bags but for me those are bordering on cost prohibitive.
Sponsored