Sponsored

Driveway entrance problems?

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Do you guys with driveways on an incline have problems getting into the driveway without tearing up the front splitter? I can't tell if the 350 would be better or worse than my 911s which don't have a real splitter but do have an lip along the bumper that would give a light scrape.

Coming in at an angle was the best, but was enough to lift a wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Based on that youd probably scrape in the front and rear..
Ugh, seriously? :doh:

I can deal with a light "drag" where it just sort of glides over the concrete - I'm not worried about the bottom. What I don't want is to hit the front edge and catch or flex the splitter enough to risk dislodging it or causing significant damage.

I have one of these. Problem solved.

http://www.bridjit.com
Not sure if you can see from my picture, but the lip on my driveway is only an inch or two. It is the rate at which the slope increases. I don't think this would solve that.

Sponsored

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
without measuring but knowing how low GTS are from seeing them all over Palo Alto my estimate is that it will be about the same or slightly worse. I think the mustang is a longer car meaning you'll have to travel more to align with the slope acceleration. Not sure if the overhang is worse, though, as that Carerra has a long nose

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I have a Porsche 911 (997) as well. I haven't measured to see if my GT350 front spoiler is lower, but visually eyeballing it, it seems to be. However, the 911 has a longer overhang from the front wheels, which I find tends to scrape a little more compared to the GT350.

I keep both cars in separate garages. So I've never bothered to measure them. The 911 has been relegated to my dad's garage, because I actually find the GT350 as more fun to drive. But they swap garages from time to time. My dad's garage has a steep incline. Let me put it this way, if you can get your 911 in at an angle without scraping, pretty sure you'll be able to get the GT350 in the same way.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I had to re-do my driveway for the GT350.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I can't speak for the standard 350 but judging by the pics it looks like it wouldn't be possible to enter your driveway with an R, let alone scraping. Judging by the first pic and the wheel lift, not sure if the brijit would even make it possible there.

Last edited:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I have to go into my driveway almost parallel to the cul de sac (more than your pic), swinging into the yard a tiny bit and back around to my driveway. Still scrape the guard under the front of my R the tiniest bit if I don't get it perfect but at least the visible parts of the splitter are still looking nice.

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
This solved my problems. I used 3'x 3' commercial carpet squares. On the right side of the driveway I had to use 2 carpet squares because of the angle and one on the left side.
IMG_20170621_090007.jpg

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This solved my problems. I used 3'x 3' commercial carpet squares. On the right side of the driveway I had to use 2 carpet squares because of the angle and one on the left side.
That is an interesting idea - do you leave them there or put them out on entry/exit? How do you keep them there?

garrettusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Try backing into the driveway its much easier!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
That is an interesting idea - do you leave them there or put them out on entry/exit? How do you keep them there?
I leave them out unless the weather is calling for rain. I turn them carpet side down and the carpet holds pretty good to the concrete. They are fairly heavy so that helps them stay in place as well. I got them from a facilities guy that happen to be removing them from an office building. Originally I got them for preventing flat spotting the tires when we would go overseas for vacation. I am curious how they would hold up in the rain.

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
I had to re-do my driveway for the GT350.
Me too! :doh:And it barely fits even so! :doh::doh:

There is no way in hell I'll be able to use the Ford Performance springs :rant:

Here is the video whcih shows a much more dramatic effect:

[ame="https://vimeo.com/222517318"]https://vimeo.com/222517318[/ame]
IMG_5387.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: