Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I had this issue and my car spent 2 weeks at the dealer while SVT went through the whole process. They found a bad ride height sensor and switched it out. Ive had her for less then a week and the issue came back again -_- so back to the dealership she goes to have the valves checked.
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Took the car out today after a long sit and I got the dreaded "drive mode selection not available" message. Took two restarts to fix it. First time for my car.

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
well im getting the message now with the exhaust not able to open up when switched to sport mode, and im getting the Drive selection mode unavailable Will look under when i get a chance i have a feeling the exhaust isnt closing all the way when turned off.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
I had the same issue. Mine was due to a low battery. Now that I've had her on a trickle charger, she is fine. Look low voltage may be your issue as well.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've had the problem.....then realized that I was in reverse. Drive mode is always unavailable when in reverse.

Sponsored

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
FYI I've seen this happen on my car but typically only happens for me when I attempt to change modes right away after engine start. Sometimes I can change them immediately after start and sometimes i get the unable to access drive modes error message. When i get hte error it typically goes away after a minite or so and all is normal again. So it's annoying but not awful. I'm not sure if this is SOP or not however.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Looks like we identified my issue. Baffles in the mufflers are getting stuck. Service Department has ordered everything from the xpipe back. Hopefully replaced in the next week or two. In the meantime I can drive it (track day tomorrow) but I can't pick my driving modes.

As a side note - the service department where I live is top notch. I've never had better service then these fellas on Vancouver Island. On both of my cars so far.
Sponsored