Sponsored

Don't get caught up in the numbers!

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did my first ever HPDE this past weekend, it was an awesome experience and made me appreciate the s550 so much more! In my group I was passing heavily modded C7 corvettes and even a 991 GT3. My point is not that my car is faster on paper than these cars, but that who is driving them is most important factor in speed. Now in a straight line drag race anyone can mash the go pedal, but when it comes to a road course the s550 is quite formidable and confidence inspiring. I did not give a pass all weekend and there were about 20 cars in my group, a total of 8 20 minute sessions on track.

I guess what I am getting at, is that unless you can exploit 99% of the s550 do not worry about what others are driving. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, and I certainly understand the feeling of getting my doors blown off on the freeway.
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I wish I could, still no doctor clearance for high speed fun, sucks as that's why I bought a 5.0 PP, if I can't drive it fast I should've got the I-4. Hopefully for next year,

rcb020, let me know when the next one is so I can watch and learn. Thanks

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Driver mod is the most expensive mod which is why most don't get it :) Driver mod FTW

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Driver malfunction Indicator is the most common problem in most cars anyways.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I did my first ever HPDE this past weekend, it was an awesome experience and made me appreciate the s550 so much more! In my group I was passing heavily modded C7 corvettes and even a 991 GT3. My point is not that my car is faster on paper than these cars, but that who is driving them is most important factor in speed. Now in a straight line drag race anyone can mash the go pedal, but when it comes to a road course the s550 is quite formidable and confidence inspiring. I did not give a pass all weekend and there were about 20 cars in my group, a total of 8 20 minute sessions on track.

I guess what I am getting at, is that unless you can exploit 99% of the s550 do not worry about what others are driving. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, and I certainly understand the feeling of getting my doors blown off on the freeway.
This is kind of a goofy post! You beat crap drivers and then say numbers don't matter.? Of course the numbers matter! Put a good driver behind the wheel of the modded C7 or the GT3 and your sucking exhaust fumes all day. Then you go on to say drag racing is just mashing the go peddle. If that's the case. How come your not in the NHRA making a ton of cash? Congrats you were the best of the amateurs this past weekend.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This is kind of a goofy post! You beat crap drivers and then say numbers don't matter.? Of course the numbers matter! Put a good driver behind the wheel of the modded C7 and your sucking exhaust fumes all day. Then you go on to say drag racing is just mashing the go peddle. If that's the case. How come your not in the NHRA making a ton of cash?
Qft.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I raced off road for about 10 years and have seen many skilled racers on stock machines beating others with $1000 of dollars in mods. Those with mods looked and sounded good but just didn't have the ability to use them.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
You can have the best car you want, but if you don't know how to use it the way it's meant to be used, it will not be much of an advantage. Mis shifts make great gifts for other drivers, rarely does it happens on track, but it does.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
So you guys are saying being a good driver is important when racing????? Who would have guessed??? Waiting on captain obivious to show up in his red jacket.

Last edited:

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
This is kind of a goofy post! You beat crap drivers and then say numbers don't matter.? Of course the numbers matter! Put a good driver behind the wheel of the modded C7 or the GT3 and your sucking exhaust fumes all day. Then you go on to say drag racing is just mashing the go peddle. If that's the case. How come your not in the NHRA making a ton of cash? Congrats you were the best of the amateurs this past weekend.
Simmahdon-nah!

1st, the thread is well over a month old, not from last weekend.

2nd, while I agree that winning drag races isn't just about stomping the go pedal, his point wasn't about NHRA or any other bona fide racing, but that there are no turns or consistent use of brakes and throttle. Maybe he was trying to put down drag racing, but I don't think so.

3rd, the biggest point of all ... seemed to be that the average driver basically sucks, so it's not about numbers in terms of how well these cars test, or even searching for an awesome driver... you're the one you've got when on the track. Apparently, it's saying that a better driver can make the lesser vehicle look like it's the better and so... learn to drive better instead of seeking "the best" car. :cheers:

Seemed that his point was, numbers don't matter when the typical driver is exactly that, the typical driver.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
A room full of guys with red coats pointing out the obvious. Thanks for sharing rob.:doh:Did you really need a thread pointing that out to you??? The title of this could have been. Good drivers yeaaaaaa! Bad drivers suck! :faint:

Last edited:

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
A room full of guys with red coats pointing out the obvious. Thanks for sharing rob.:doh:Did you really need a thread pointing that out to you??? The title of this could have been. Good drivers yeaaaaaa! Bad drivers suck! :faint:
Says the guy who thought the thread was posted today ... :thumbsup:

It's not about what I need. He made a thread as he wanted. You whined like a little girl. Move on already. Or... you can just continue :frusty:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Hey rob Thanks for your permission. I think I'll continue. Maybe everyone should get a participation trophy. Hell why don't you post a story about your bad as fox body while your at it. Or not. why lie.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely. Everyone gets one!:thumbsup:
Sponsored