Sponsored

Don't buy SPE Motorsport Parts

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Hi All,

So had an issue with my SPE Idler making noise. Contacted SPE and they’re basically doing nothing about it. This was a new part, bought directly from them not even a month old.

Has less than 200 miles on it. SPE told me this noise is normal operation and nothing is wrong with it. I sent them this video and they still stand behind their claim.

They told me that these belts slip at idle and that’s what causes it. Are you kidding me?? I’m astonished at the complete crap they’ve made up to say that this is normal. They told me it was my belt (no it was new), they told me the pulley requires belt dressing (no it does not) then they told me it was the Whipple Tensioner, (no because I put the stock one on and that also changed nothing). They finally told me, after I overcame all their objections that it's just normal operation.

I have all emails proving all of this.

I then asked them about their customer satisfaction warranty and they sidestepped the question and basically wouldn’t honor it. Oh and all this spanned 4+ weeks because they would not talk to me over the phone about it.

Been building cars for 25 years and almost never came across a company this unreasonable. Insane to me over a $140 part.

Never buying a SPE part again.

Before and after vid

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s not ok. I’d initiate a dispute on my credit card.

OP
OP
Torchy

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Hmmm maybe not a bad idea if it's not too late.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
That’s absolutely crazy! I have had nothing but great interactions with them… but yet haven’t dealt with them when there was an issue either. Honestly I would reach out to their two owners and see if they can remedy the issue. If they are of no help then it just becomes a bad blemish on their company and business. Sucks you are having to deal with this!

OP
OP
Torchy

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah I thought they were a stand up company too.

Dealt with Chance at first, asked for a manager and got Amy. Never told me her last name nor title. IDK

I was going back and looking through their emails, man they are so ridiculous.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You CC company will need something to substantiate your accusations. You may have to take it to a mechanic and he will have to diagnose and include his findings in his report.

$140 may be insignificant enough that they might just credit you and write it off.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah I thought they were a stand up company too.

Dealt with Chance at first, asked for a manager and got Amy. Never told me her last name nor title. IDK

I was going back and looking through their emails, man they are so ridiculous.
Chance is who I always dealt with also and always got me taken care off but as I stated before I never had an issue arise to see how they would deal with it. Amy is one of the owners along with her husband.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
$140 is not worth the fight lol.

ive had really great dealings with them on my, 500, and 2023 F350

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If they were smart they would send a new replacement with prepaid shipping to return defective one. Think of how many sales they will lose just from this forum because of the OPs experience

OP
OP
Torchy

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If they were smart they would send a new replacement with prepaid shipping to return defective one. Think of how many sales they will lose just from this forum because of the OPs experience
Yeah man, I'm a very reasonable guy and almost never encounter situations like this.

When I do, a lot of times I give the company the benefit of the doubt.

First time I've ever even made a thread like this. It's just blatent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Torchy

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
And trashcan company strikes again.

I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP.

Got around to installing ported blower with all of SPE's fuel rails, lines and fittings (had bought them months ago) and they all leaked!

The fittings from y-block to lines, the 90's & 45, and the fittings from back of rail to SPE lines, ALL LEAK.

I did, low torque, medium, high and last ditch effort, crazy crank on them to get them to seal and doesn't matter, they all leak.

Just another fyi to you all.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
And trashcan company strikes again.

I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP.

Got around to installing ported blower with all of SPE's fuel rails, lines and fittings (had bought them months ago) and they all leaked!

The fittings from y-block to lines, the 90's & 45, and the fittings from back of rail to SPE lines, ALL LEAK.

I did, low torque, medium, high and last ditch effort, crazy crank on them to get them to seal and doesn't matter, they all leak.

Just another fyi to you all.
Teflon Tape perhaps ???

OP
OP
Torchy

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah I would not teflon an AN.

AN fittings are a mechanical seal, I could have used teflon paste, but for fuel, would not be comfortable knowing the only seal I have is a chemical paste and not a mechanical seal.

Rickkyyr8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye, 1968 Charger, 1968 Chevelle, 2013 Sierra Denali
Yep, their customer service is trash. Completely forgot to ship one of my items and it was like pulling teeth getting them to ship it. Accusing me of receiving it and trying to get a “free” one. Screw them.
Sponsored