Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Guy's, I am messing around trying to find a keyed power source. I pulled 33 ASSUMING the Audio Head end would be a good source...needless to say it's not and in checking voltage it looks like I drained a capacitor or some other weird electrical circuit, but now the Audio cannot be controlled and it is stuck on HD radio...Looks like what ever module controls that is now shot!:frusty:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
UPDATE...cycled car on / off nothing changed. After 3rd start let the car run for several minutes, then tried Power switch on counsel but nothing... tried power on Sync touch screen, it started the audio window but then turned right off. Then I waited a few more minutes...the counsel switch still didn't work, but the sync touch screen did and after another minute then the counsel switched worked...Very strange, and makes me think this is some floating ground system with capacitors of sorts (I know that's not an accurate definition, but in concept I think this is correct...)

So at this point, I do NOT believe there is a switched fuse in the passenger wheel well.

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
UPDATE...cycled car on / off nothing changed. After 3rd start let the car run for several minutes, then tried Power switch on counsel but nothing... tried power on Sync touch screen, it started the audio window but then turned right off. Then I waited a few more minutes...the counsel switch still didn't work, but the sync touch screen did and after another minute then the counsel switched worked...Very strange, and makes me think this is some floating ground system with capacitors of sorts (I know that's not an accurate definition, but in concept I think this is correct...)

So at this point, I do NOT believe there is a switched fuse in the passenger wheel well.

I used the push button start ignition. Works perfect.

OP
OP
Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Finally found a source that turns on & off with Push Button (aka Key)...

1. You need to pull the overhead lights down (grab from windshield side and pull down).
2. You will find a wire that is secure ( use needle nose to work plastic holder out) that runs down to the mirror
3. Disconnect back of connector on mirror
4. Carefully remove plastic holder covering wire to mirror
5. Go close to the plastic holder in overhead light opening
6. Carefully cut cloth tape (be careful its strong and you can cut wire easy)
7. Find Purple and Yellow wire (POSITIVE 12v when turned on)
8. Find Green and black (Negative)
9. Connect Radar wire...I used BUTT Splices, and taped harness back together.

UPDATE: ALSO TURNS OFF IN REVERESE...ARGH...

Good Luck, and I hope this helps...I did not take any photos sorry.

Last edited:

randyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I hardwired my valentine one in the fuse area of the passenger side. Why do you need it to turn off when the ignition is pushed? After 10 minutes the accessories turn off anyway.

Finally found a source that turns on & off with Push Button (aka Key)...

1. You need to pull the overhead lights down (grab from windshield side and pull down).
2. You will find a wire that is secure ( use needle nose to work plastic holder out) that runs down to the mirror
3. Disconnect back of connector on mirror
4. Carefully remove plastic holder covering wire to mirror
5. Go close to the plastic holder in overhead light opening
6. Carefully cut cloth tape (be careful its strong and you can cut wire easy)
7. Find Purple and Yellow wire (POSITIVE 12v when turned on)
8. Find Green and black (Negative)
9. Connect Radar wire...I used BUTT Splices, and taped harness back together.

UPDATE: ALSO TURNS OFF IN REVERESE...ARGH...

Good Luck, and I hope this helps...I did not take any photos sorry.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Fuse #36 is the one you want. Been using that for my dash cam and radar detector hardwire. Works great

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Suggest not to use butt splices. Use solder and shrink wrap to alleviate future possible problems.
Sponsored