Sponsored

Difference in track pack spoiler part numbers?

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
Got mine installed. Drilling into my deck lid was a little frightening. But the template made it pretty easy.
My Track Pack Spoiler 5.jpg
My Track Pack Spoiler 7.jpg
My Track Pack Spoiler 1.jpg
My Track Pack Spoiler 2.jpg
My Track Pack Spoiler 3.jpg
My Track Pack Spoiler 4.jpg

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Anyone confirm whether drilling is needed to upgrade my base gt350 spoiler with the track spoiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
no drilling

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
no drilling
What he said. I installed a track spoiler in place of my GT350 blade spoiler a couple of weeks ago; no drilling or cutting needed.

Sponsored

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
Fits like a glove...

David, mind if I ask how long it took you to do switch over? I'll be getting mine soon and trying to gauge the time needed. I'm assuming the longest/toughest part is the fishing line to cut through the doublesided tape??

Sponsored

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
David, mind if I ask how long it took you to do switch over? I'll be getting mine soon and trying to gauge the time needed. I'm assuming the longest/toughest part is the fishing line to cut through the doublesided tape??

I think I got it done about 30 minutes....took a minute to figure out how to get the liner out over the lock...i didn't Have fishing line handy so i just broke the 3m tape with a razor... the old tape came off easy....once one end was lose the rest came off....need to apply some force....

The track pack spoiler fits like a glove...there is two small guide holes already in the trunk that is not used with the tech pack spoiler but its used with the track pack... which makes it go one perfect with no guess work of the correct poistioning.....one more thing don't drop the back nut in the body of the trunk ..not easy to get out....i used a magenet on the socket.....need 10mm..

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Rock on. Ordered this beast!

This'll work out well. I've got to take off my Tech spoiler to replace the deck lid stripes.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Question for those that have done the swap. Has anyone used a blow dryer (heat) to losses the tape? I've seen that done in the past. I'm looking at doing my install tomorrow.

OP
OP

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
got mine installed today. Super easy. Now the car looks complete!

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
Question for those that have done the swap. Has anyone used a blow dryer (heat) to losses the tape? I've seen that done in the past. I'm looking at doing my install tomorrow.

If you have the strips the heat can't be good.....the old tape is really a none issue...just use some force and use fishing line to break the seal....i used a a razor knife....no fishing line handy.....
Sponsored