Sponsored

Did you buy a Shelby and now wish you bought a Mustang GT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I suspect that the GT is a better street car than the GT350 in every way. I bet it’s a vastly better daily driver than the GT350, and especially the GT350R.

I would not own a Mustang if not for the GT350R. It serves a different purpose for me than the GT ever could.
I prefer my GT350 over my last GT by far in daily driving. I didn't ever mind the MT-82, but the Tremec box is a joy to row through the gears. I by far prefer the seats. And the Voodoo thrills me more than the Coyote did. The extra acceleration is great, but even just the sound is amazing. Even without the better engine and transmission, the body control and perfect firmness of the ride is way better than the GT.

Even the visibility from the driver's seat was a huge improvement going from the 2015 GT to the 2016 GT350. I was shocked how much better I could see forward in the GT350 compared to the GT. The changes to the hood and front end really improved the car - and didn't give it a droopy eye look either.

I could see why someone wouldn't want to drive a GT350R daily, but IMO the GT350 is perfect for daily driving.
Sponsored

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
There is no doubt that the 350 can out perform a GT in certain areas right from the factory but I think the perception is way over rated. I am in several Mustang clubs and I always find it funny how the 350 guys always have a feeling of superiority and also funny how I do not notice this with the GT 500 guys. Of course The 350 guys are older and the GT guys are younger and the 350 guys seem to love to look down at the younger GT guys,to the point of demanding more respect because they have a 350. They act like the difference between a 350 and a GT is like a lambo and a beetle. I pretty much stay to my self and they don't pull their crap with me but I love when there is a club ride and they are constantly trying to get to the front and pass everybody and I just take my lowly GT and and simply pull away from them. I know all 350 owners are not like this but a lot are. The car is what it is no more no less. When the GT 500 comes out The difference between a GT and 350 will be even less exciting because there will be a huge difference then and with all the 350 upgrades available on the GT now not so much there any more. Just not sure why a lot of guys have such a holier than thou attitude. My 99 Roush will stay close to a 350 on bent roads and leave it far behind on the straight ones. Last summer we were at a big event that had an autocross course set up and a guy had just picked up his new 350 and was telling everybody how he was going to " Destroy" the course. He ended up being 10th out of 13 and was cursing and throwing stuff it was hilarious. bottom line is that your happy with your car. No need to make some one feel bad about their decision or act like your car is the greatest thing ever.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
There is no doubt that the GT can out perform a Ecoboost in certain areas right from the factory but I think the perception is way over rated. I am in several Mustang clubs and I always find it funny how the GT guys always have a feeling of superiority and also funny how I do not notice this with the GT 350 guys. Of course The GT guys are older and the Ecoboost guys are younger and the GT guys seem to love to look down at the younger Ecoboost guys,to the point of demanding more respect because they have a GT. They act like the difference between a GT and a Ecoboost is like a lambo and a beetle. I pretty much stay to my self and they don't pull their crap with me but I love when there is a club ride and they are constantly trying to get to the front and pass everybody and I just take my lowly Ecoboost and and simply pull away from them. I know all GT owners are not like this but a lot are. The car is what it is no more no less. When the GT 500 comes out The difference between a Ecoboost and GT will be even less exciting because there will be a huge difference then and with all the GT upgrades available on the Ecoboost now not so much there any more. Just not sure why a lot of guys have such a holier than thou attitude. My 99 Roush will stay close to a GT on bent roads and leave it far behind on the straight ones. Last summer we were at a big event that had an autocross course set up and a guy had just picked up his new GT and was telling everybody how he was going to " Destroy" the course. He ended up being 10th out of 13 and was cursing and throwing stuff it was hilarious. bottom line is that your happy with your car. No need to make some one feel bad about their decision or act like your car is the greatest thing ever.
Just tweaked your story to something I've seen even moreso than snobby GT350 owners, and that's GT owners looking down on Ecoboost and V6 owners.

What's the build on the 99 Roush to keep pace with a GT350? Assuming equal drivers, this car must have quite a bit of modifications to it.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Residual Value at the End of the Day was the main reason I decided to get a GT350:

I was lucky to sell my 2015 GT PP Premium for $30k (full bolt-on w/GT350IM) but if I had waited one or two more years it probably would have only been worth $20k.

In my opinion, in four to five years the GT350's with low mileage will still be $30k-$40k depending on mileage, etc.

Since I was able to pay $5k under sticker for a 2017 (I know it's anomaly), that was a big factor in my purchase.

Also, adding Boost to the GT350 makes it a complete new animal as well (still stuck between if I'll get a Whipple/Centrifugal or Turbos)

Lastly, I prefer shifting gears as I drive the car around town and I don't 1/4mi much.

The 2018, A10 was out only out of the question this reason. They are definitely cars to be reckoned with though. If I was going to the 1/4mi Track nearby all the time, I would have thought about it or waited on the GT500 to come out.

I'm a New Shelby Owner (owned ~10 Mustangs over the past 15 years) and I look forward to Car Shows for the sole fact of meeting anyone and everyone. I don't put people in boxes because of their cars. I hope I like my purchase for years to come but only time will tell.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Residual Value at the End of the Day was the main reason I decided to get a GT350:

I was lucky to sell my 2015 GT PP Premium for $30k (full bolt-on w/GT350IM) but if I had waited one or two more years it probably would have only been worth $20k.

In my opinion, in four to five years the GT350's with low mileage will still be $30k-$40k depending on mileage, etc.

Since I was able to pay $5k under sticker for a 2017 (I know it's anomaly), that was a big factor in my purchase.

Also, adding Boost to the GT350 makes it a complete new animal as well (still stuck between if I'll get a Whipple/Centrifugal or Turbos)

Lastly, I prefer shifting gears as I drive the car around town and I don't 1/4mi much.

The 2018, A10 was out only out of the question this reason. They are definitely cars to be reckoned with though. If I was going to the 1/4mi Track nearby all the time, I would have thought about it or waited on the GT500 to come out.

I'm a New Shelby Owner (owned ~10 Mustangs over the past 15 years) and I look forward to Car Shows for the sole fact of meeting anyone and everyone. I don't put people in boxes because of their cars. I hope I like my purchase for years to come but only time will tell.
I traded in my 15 GT PP base for $22,500, paid $31,750, had it for 3 years. I got $4,250 off my 17 in June of 2018. The 30k jump from what I owed to what I paid was and is brutal, but this car was and is a dream car for me. It's hard to believe I have one, honestly. It's better at everything, by a mile. I do think it's a worse daily driver. Suspension is harder, tramlining is terrible, it's louder inside, more oil, bigger and way more expensive brakes/wheels/tires, etc. It's a pricey bitch, especially when tracking is concerned. BUT, my god, do I love it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The tramlining...UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! I will admit that the levels of tramlining the GT350 has is beyond annoying. But that's the price you pay for big meats.
I expected such a thing going to 285/305 rubber on my pissant GT, but it never materialized. Gotta be a suspension calibration/difference/alignment thing.

Last edited:

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just tweaked your story to something I've seen even moreso than snobby GT350 owners, and that's GT owners looking down on Ecoboost and V6 owners.

What's the build on the 99 Roush to keep pace with a GT350? Assuming equal drivers, this car must have quite a bit of modifications to it.
I have also seen the looking down on the eco and V6 owners. Not right either. "Can't we just all get along"

The 99 was built, front to back and top to bottom way too much to list but it runs well.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I expected such a thing going to 285/305 rubber on my pissant GT, but it never materialized. Gotta be a suspension calibration/difference/alignment thing.
It's usually tire compound and tread design.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Human nature is to rationalize the choices that we make so it makes sense for all the 350 owners to say they love their car and all the GT guys to do the same and that they never thought otherwise. When I was looking I immediately thought I had to have a 350 until I drove a couple. So for the following reasons I chose a GT.

SNIP

Before I get attacked by all the 350 owners I am not downing you or your car just giving reasons why I decided not to buy one.
There is no doubt that the 350 can out perform a GT in certain areas right from the factory but I think the perception is way over rated. I am in several Mustang clubs and I always find it funny how the 350 guys always have a feeling of superiority and also funny how I do not notice this with the GT 500 guys. Of course The 350 guys are older and the GT guys are younger and the 350 guys seem to love to look down at the younger GT guys,to the point of demanding more respect because they have a 350. They act like the difference between a 350 and a GT is like a lambo and a beetle. I pretty much stay to my self and they don't pull their crap with me but I love when there is a club ride and they are constantly trying to get to the front and pass everybody and I just take my lowly GT and and simply pull away from them. I know all 350 owners are not like this but a lot are. The car is what it is no more no less. When the GT 500 comes out The difference between a GT and 350 will be even less exciting because there will be a huge difference then and with all the 350 upgrades available on the GT now not so much there any more. Just not sure why a lot of guys have such a holier than thou attitude. My 99 Roush will stay close to a 350 on bent roads and leave it far behind on the straight ones. Last summer we were at a big event that had an autocross course set up and a guy had just picked up his new 350 and was telling everybody how he was going to " Destroy" the course. He ended up being 10th out of 13 and was cursing and throwing stuff it was hilarious. bottom line is that your happy with your car. No need to make some one feel bad about their decision or act like your car is the greatest thing ever.
So, what happened to "not downing you or your cars"?

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, what happened to "not downing you or your cars"?
I am not downing the car or the owners. I am downing the " I'm better than you because I have a 350 " attitude I have seen with some 350 owners. Would also apply to a GT owners that looked down on a V6 owner. Or anyone demeaning anyone. Please be real these are mustangs not a Bugatti.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I am not downing the car or the owners. I am downing the " I'm better than you because I have a 350 " attitude I have seen with some 350 owners. Would also apply to a GT owners that looked down on a V6 owner. Or anyone demeaning anyone. Please be real these are mustangs not a Bugatti.
You’re gonna find people with that attitude with anything in this world. It’s part of life. It’s not exclusive to Mustangs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.