Sponsored

Dealership Service Center Irresponsive, Recourse?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm surprised Ford would pay for a complete internal rebuild using only the external casting and not just provide a new trans. I can't imagine they are saving money doing it the way they are.
It's ESP, they require a tear down of the tranny to determine what failed.
Then it is up to the SA to properly write down what happened.

Examples.

Clutch drum C seal failed and took out the clutches. No warranty, seals are not covered unless another covered component causes the failure.

Excessive clutch wear in drum C caused the piston seal to fail. Covered repair.

It's all a game
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
It's ESP, they require a tear down of the tranny to determine what failed.
Then it is up to the SA to properly write down what happened.

Examples.

Clutch drum C seal failed and took out the clutches. No warranty, seals are not covered unless another covered component causes the failure.

Excessive clutch wear in drum C caused the piston seal to fail. Covered repair.

It's all a game
That's weird if drive train is covered and it's not working how can they not fix it under wattanty.seems it's either covered or not.if that happened to me I'd get a lawyer involved

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I had same issue with vette.servjce guys said they would need to pull tranny apart and they asked Chevy to total the tranny.ichevy agreed had a new one I n a week.maybe you could ask service manager if hewoul call ford and see if a new tranny is in order
Thanks for the tip. I will go in person and talk to the service advisor and see what they have to say.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Read the fine print.
That's why I'd hire an attorney. I did call easy care today and ask them if there any exceptions
She said only transmission maintenance.iv had all the fluids changed and car only has 10000 miles on it
Told her that and she said it'd be fully covered

Sponsored

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
I am 60 and have never used a lawyer for anything other than buying a house. So you hire this guy and Ford hands out new transmissions like candy on Halloween night ? And they get installed overnight like when you left a tooth under yout pillow and the tooth ferry showed up.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
And the few he gets applying want WAY more than he's willing to pay with no experience.
Thats because they can flip burgers at McDonalds and get 15 to 20 per hour. Why actually work for that 20 dollar bill.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats because they can flip burgers at McDonalds and get 15 to 20 per hour. Why actually work for that 20 dollar bill.
I think they start at $30

You just have to get dirty and own $20,000 in tools, have experience and not be an idiot

Sponsored

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
Hello,

I dropped off my 2018 GT at Ourisman Ford Service Center ( Ourisman Ford of Manassas ) on March 30, 2024.

That car is outside of factory warranty but is covered by Ford ESP. The issues the car was taken in was for

1) leaking coolant (turned out to be water pump that needed replacing which the service center did)
2) Transmission slipping during shifting. The service advisor said the tech has recommended the transmission needs to be replaced (all internal parts) leaving only the outside housing that will remain.

Issue is that I have called my service advisor many times, leaving voicemails and leaving messages with staff at the service center to give me a call and let me know when to expect the transmission issue corrected so I can have my car back.

The service advisor has been completely irresponsive. Unfortunately, I have not been able to go in to the service center during weekdays (when service advisor works) and when I did go over the weekend, another service advisor could only tell me that the service center only has 1 transmission tech working on many cars and that is why there is delay. However, he could not tell me when the car will be fixed.

Its been 5+ weeks and I am not sure what I can do to have the service department get this issue resolved. What is my recourse? Whom do I contact? Do I need to make a case with Ford Customer service?

Thanks
Hello fellow Manassasnite. I feel your pain. Just got done dealing with something similar on a $5.00 part holding up a $10k repair on Ford escape (crash) service techs suddenly ghosted me for weeks. It's frustrating.

I just keep popping in randomly with a big grin on my face. Then suddenly they start calling before I pop in without a grin on my face 🤬

P.s. you ever goto excessive performance on Euclid?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I think they start at $30

You just have to get dirty and own $20,000 in tools, have experience and not be an idiot

I am a retired ASE master tech that started in the 70s with $100,000 in tools in my garage now and $100 an hour salary would still not be enough to get me to work on the crap they build today for a living.

It's not going to get any better either in the future, which is why I do my own work, I had trust issues back in the 70s and only ever allowed 2 other techs to work on my cars without me looking over their shoulder.

Just wait till their all EVs and the techs only get one mistake before they turn to ashes in a second.

BD

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
First come first served, just the way it is.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Hello fellow Manassasnite. I feel your pain. Just got done dealing with something similar on a $5.00 part holding up a $10k repair on Ford escape (crash) service techs suddenly ghosted me for weeks. It's frustrating.

I just keep popping in randomly with a big grin on my face. Then suddenly they start calling before I pop in without a grin on my face 🤬

P.s. you ever goto excessive performance on Euclid?
Had same wait for small part.got part numbers found it on line gave it to them issue resolved

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Therein lies the rub. It's the reason I don't offer guitar tech work beyond certain basic things. I'm willing to get my hands "dirty" and I'm not an idiot, but the RIGHT tools are expensive and you need them to get experience because nobody's going to let you touch their tools.

It's a chicken and egg thing. You need money to get the experience but you need experience to get the money.
Sponsored