Damaged 350R on delivery

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster,

I'm looking for a set of track wheels for my gt350 and think that the 6gr wheels may fit the bill in R spec. What finish do you have in the TY pics and what do I need to do if anything for the lug difference. I have a 2017 LB gt350 and my first Mustang.
The above wheels are in satin black. I tried to get gloss black, but had to send them back due to quality issues. Satin was a second choice.

Lug difference is not a concern since you do not own an R. Even though I tracked these wheels when I had a track pack, I would hesitate depending on your application. The reason is that these are not true forged wheels. They are spun forged and imho, not as good. The other issue is that the clearance between the calipers have very little clearance with the wheel.

With that said, lots of folks track this wheels and have not had any problems. Nearing 170 mph in Daytona last year, I started to consider the weakest link in my system. Doing it again, I would get a set of forgelines.

Good luck
Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
The above wheels are in satin black. I tried to get gloss black, but had to send them back due to quality issues. Satin was a second choice.

Lug difference is not a concern since you do not own an R. Even though I tracked these wheels when I had a track pack, I would hesitate depending on your application. The reason is that these are not true forged wheels. They are spun forged and imho, not as good. The other issue is that the clearance between the calipers have very little clearance with the wheel.

With that said, lots of folks track this wheels and have not had any problems. Nearing 170 mph in Daytona last year, I started to consider the weakest link in my system. Doing it again, I would get a set of forgelines.

Good luck
Agree with Tomster!

I went with a Set from Apex. Barrel clearance to the caliper is better than the carbon wheels. They also offer a warranty. They will replace your wheel even if it is damaged by an accident for half price. You just have to pay to ship the wheel back. They will do that 4 times. So essentially each wheel once or if you like to curb the exact same wheel every time. You can send that one back 4 times. :lol:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It is your right to deny delivery of any vehicle and if you do, the contract is pretty much null. I told the finance person that the I couldn't accept delivery after inspection and to shred my contract. The dealership said they had another one coming in from Ford, but honestly, after my experience, I am not sure that I really want to purchase another vehicle from them. Furthermore, the loan was contingent upon me trading my vehicle in (as a down payment) and since I denied delivery, there literally is no deal.
Awesome. Glad it worked out for you.
Good luck going forward! Are you looking for another R car now?

SHLB DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the OP pics and noticed that the brakes have lot of dust build up in the disc vent holes.....whomever drove the car before delivery really used the brakes hard. Just my opinion....to me that doesn't look like a new or gently test driven car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's why I'm running 6gr wheels for the street. Imagine curbing one of those at over 4k each.

I've got an extra set of oem center caps, but a popular vote led me to the red snake caps

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Nice set up Tom!

Just a quick question as I want to go down much the same road as yourself with respect to after market wheels and tires.

I noticed that your front tires are stock size for an R but noticed that the rears where a little larger (325 vs 315) and wondered whey the change?

Does Continental not stock 315/30/19's and are you still running 11 1/2" wide wheels on the rear?

Also like the Red center caps as they would look nice on my Ruby Red R IMO.

Thanks!

;)

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Personally for me, if its not <15 miles on a brand new car something seems a bit suspicious.
My brand new custom ordered 2013 GT came with 53 miles on it. I was somewhat pissed. It came with a paper from Ford stating it was pulled for quality control or something like that. The car was solid though, and had zero issues.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
i would have rejected it too, good call

Sponsored

MattyMo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankshipintl.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Thanks for the advice Tomster and Readfast - I'll check both brands mentioned. I don't think I'll be coming close to 170 mph at my local track but even so definitely don't want to be thinking about a wheel cracking at speed.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Whats the plan now? Hope you get another one

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I noticed that your front tires are stock size for an R but noticed that the rears where a little larger (325 vs 315) and wondered whey the change?

Does Continental not stock 315/30/19's and are you still running 11 1/2" wide wheels on the rear?
Harry,

I bought that wheel and tire combo for the 16 track pack for track days. I was trying to duplicate the R wheels both in aesthetics as well as weight and they were the best combo at the time. They are R spec in terms of size and dimensions.

The reason for the 325's in the rear is because the 315's were not available. There is a slight difference in size between the two and it was a topic of discussion where the difference was discussed at length. Where the rubber hits the road (or track), I found these tires exceeded my expectations. A very soft R compound tire that had excellent qualities all around. I have an extra set in the garage so I'm set for a while.

For street or track use, there is no appreciable difference between a 325 vs 315. You will probably find the 325 is a bit more common than the 315 (at least thats what I've found looking around). The only real difference (and it may be a deal breaker for a discerning enthusiast like yourself), is that a 325 is not true R spec. For street use, i have no concern or reservation.

Sorry to OP for off topic, I didn't want that question to go unanswered.

Back to the original thread topic.......

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry,

I bought that wheel and tire combo for the 16 track pack for track days. I was trying to duplicate the R wheels both in aesthetics as well as weight and they were the best combo at the time. They are R spec in terms of size and dimensions.

The reason for the 325's in the rear is because the 315's were not available. There is a slight difference in size between the two and it was a topic of discussion where the difference was discussed at length. Where the rubber hits the road (or track), I found these tires exceeded my expectations. A very soft R compound tire that had excellent qualities all around. I have an extra set in the garage so I'm set for a while.

For street or track use, there is no appreciable difference between a 325 vs 315. You will probably find the 325 is a bit more common than the 315 (at least thats what I've found looking around). The only real difference (and it may be a deal breaker for a discerning enthusiast like yourself), is that a 325 is not true R spec. For street use, i have no concern or reservation.

Sorry to OP for off topic, I didn't want that question to go unanswered.

Back to the original thread topic.......
Tom, appreciate the feedback as greatly appreciated.

Once I get ready to purchase new/replacement wheels and tires in the very near future I will give you a call in order to reconfirm all aspects.

Sorry for the off topic request but really do appreciate the detailed response!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yeah, I decided to cancel that deal in favor of a brand new car at a different dealership.
^This.
You had another car waiting and didn't want the one delivered??:lol:
Sponsored