Sponsored

Crap Windshield Wipers

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Did anyone else have to replace their stock windshield wipers sooner than normal? Mine were dry-rotted and nearly useless after less than 5 months so I stopped into Advance to get a new pair. When I looked up the sizes they only had two brands available so I went with the Valeo's, the more expensive of the two. This was back in November.

Fast forward less than 5 months to now, and once again the windshield wipers are starting to squeak and skip across my windshield. It's time for me to reapply some Rain-X which I know will help but still, I'm pretty annoyed this second set has aged prematurely like the stock ones.

Have any of you guys had this issue? What's the best brand that will fit?
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
my second set 1st replacement set (rain ex) are about to give up @ 6 months. Which is expected.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
FWIW, the Motorcraft wipers are likely made by Valeo, anyways. Valeo is a huge parts supplier to the auto industry.

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I guess I can chalk it up to living in Florida and the fact that my car wasn't garage kept until February.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and wipers always lasted at least a year up there.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have not used mine for 6 months.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I too live in Florida.. I do not have a garage.. my wipers started crapping out right around 5 months.. I do use them everyday tho, lots of crap on my windshield every morning.. dust, dew, pollen maybe?,tree stuff.. bird shit, I dunno stuff.. it's terrible. I'm on my 3rd bottle of wiper fluid in a little over 6 months.

I should really get a car cover..

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Did anyone else have to replace their stock windshield wipers sooner than normal? Mine were dry-rotted and nearly useless after less than 5 months so I stopped into Advance to get a new pair. When I looked up the sizes they only had two brands available so I went with the Valeo's, the more expensive of the two. This was back in November.

Fast forward less than 5 months to now, and once again the windshield wipers are starting to squeak and skip across my windshield. It's time for me to reapply some Rain-X which I know will help but still, I'm pretty annoyed this second set has aged prematurely like the stock ones.

Have any of you guys had this issue? What's the best brand that will fit?
You live by an ocean... so I'd expect that.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It took 5 years for me to finally replace my wiper blades on my 2011. They worked too well for me to justify the typical 1 year service life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
You live by an ocean... so I'd expect that.
That makes sense for this last set, but I was still living in Gainesville in the middle of the state while I had the first set.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I noticed very quickly that the OE wipers were pure crap, didn't last much at all and had to be replaced <4 months. Dry Kansas City Fall and Winter at the time.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I am in north Georgia. Mine will be a year old next Saturday, the 23rd. Wipers are still doing well. I wipe them down with alcohol followed by RainX about every 6 weeks. They look and work like new.....maybe a few more months.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I am in north Georgia. Mine will be a year old next Saturday, the 23rd. Wipers are still doing well. I wipe them down with alcohol followed by RainX about every 6 weeks. They look and work like new.....maybe a few more months.
I was doing that, the alc wipes, anyway...just couldn't get any life out of that OE set.
Sponsored