Sponsored

Competition

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Chevy has announced the pricing for the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, which will be priced at $66,445 for coupe models and $70,445 for the convertible.

Considering the new base price for 2017, if the 5k ADM holds for most will be in the 63-65k range this is something to really consider. Local Chevy dealer is going to call me when he has the ability to price out and order.

really on the fence now. If I wasn't compelled to trade in my 2016 in order to get transmission cooling it probably wouldn't be an issue. If I'm going to take a bit of a loss either way, might be better to go with the lighter platform. I wonder if these will carry ADM on release?
Sponsored

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Chevy has announced the pricing for the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, which will be priced at $66,445 for coupe models and $70,445 for the convertible.

Considering the new base price for 2017, if the 5k ADM holds for most will be in the 63-65k range this is something to really consider. Local Chevy dealer is going to call me when he has the ability to price out and order.

really on the fence now. If I wasn't compelled to trade in my 2016 in order to get transmission cooling it probably wouldn't be an issue. If I'm going to take a bit of a loss either way, might be better to go with the lighter platform. I wonder if these will carry ADM on release?
I think the Grant Sport is actually an attractive package and the latest vette is the most well-designed of recent generations but boy, the stigma of your typical vette owner is strong and that honestly dissuades me from ownership even though they are great performers for the money.

To me, the GT350 is a much more special car than the GS could ever be, why not look into getting an R if you're going to go through the trouble of selling your 2016 Tech?

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I'm digging the Heritage Package. . .

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I really like it.

OP
OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Cant find an R for anything under 30k ADM. When it gets close to six figures to me the car simply isn't worth that, nor is it really affordable for me without some other lifestyle changes. I know that's my problem however until I can continue to improve my earning potential it is what it is. I am still holding onto hope the market softens and I can get my dealer down to MSRP or even 62k for the 2017 we ordered. But if he wont, or tries to steal my trade I'm afraid I will have to consider the Chevy option. I am just not comfortable with the transmission temps I am seeing this summer just on the highway. I know 240-250 might be ok for the fluid, but for how long, for a DD will I need a transmission flush every season even if it isn't tracked?

Sponsored

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
Granted the GS is the best Corvette of the bunch and for the price its competitive. Kerbeck will probably sell them a little below MSRP once they are out. They won't hold their resale like a Shelby just to do the name but performance wise it should be a nice car. I dont think it will be as special in the future but hey it is a Mustang forum so the Vette guys might say different.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The size and weight of the 'vette are definitely preferred by me over those of the Mustang. But - the car buying decision ends up being about many details and not just the performance numbers or vehicle size. GM's engines tend to be bland and boring to me, for one. Interior quality and rattles are not a big deal to me, but could dissuade some potential Corvette buyers. I should try to drive a couple 'vettes this summer to get an idea of whether I really like them or not.

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Cant find an R for anything under 30k ADM.
I, and several others, have listed numerous $20k R ADMs in several threads, it's not hard to find a $20k deal. Getting BELOW that number however will require work, how much work depends on how much you want to save. Yes, deals are still out there.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I, and several others, have listed numerous $20k R ADMs in several threads, it's not hard to find a $20k deal. Getting BELOW that number however will require work, how much work depends on how much you want to save. Yes, deals are still out there.
I passed on a 20k over for an R in late April... thought about it but naaah. Not that desperate even if they would only make 50 total units.

As for the C7 GS... don't rush. Sooner than later they will be selling them at invoice. Guaranteed.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mid-end of the 2017 MY you will be able to get a GS for 7-10k off sticker im guessing. Even at that price point I still wouldnt give up the GT350, and im not a mustang fanboi by any means. The vettes are a great bang for the buck and on paper they really are tough to beat. But this voodoo is something really special, the GT350 will hold its value much longer and I'd venture to say be more fun and enjoyable for years to come.

JeremyGSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(former) '04 C5 Z06
I just sold my '04 C5 Z06 that was my street/track car for the last 4 years and have been reading about the new Grand Sport. I have never owned a Mustang but like the new GT350's a lot. As for the Vette, it's going to be a heck of a package for the money. The big issue with the Z06 on track has been cooling for a lot of people. Not all have had the issue but a lot have. Aftermarket companies are working on cooling packages that could solve a lot of the over heating issues and that is the allure of the GS. All of the goodies of the Z06 with less power but no over heating problems. It will be hard to beat on track for the money.

That said, the new GT350 is an awesome car too. I don't know that I'd go sell one just to get the Vette unless you are a pure track enthusiast looking for every last second. IMO, both are great cars and offer something different. Not sure one has to be classified as "better" than the other. Better at what? It might be a tad faster at the track but so what? Rest assured the new Camaro ZL1 will be faster than the GT350 but I'd rather have the Mustang. And in my experience as an instructor how many people that track can truly ring a car out for what it's worth anyway?

Vette seats have been lacking in the past but they have improved on them and the interior is leaps better than the C5/C6 era. Having said that, I sat in a new C7 and just didn't like it. It's MUCH smaller interior wise than my C5 was. It's REALLY tight. I'm 6'2 223lbs and felt clastrphopic. Now, driving one may change my mind.

In regards to the Vette owner comment, I owned a Vette and couldn't stand talking to Corvette guys at "Cars & Coffee" type stuff either. Most of them don't even know what it means to really drive a Corvette. Go to the track though and most Corvette guys are car enthusiasts but you still have stigma with some guys no matter what kind of car they drive.

Bottom line, either car is great purchase and should come down to personal opinion of what they want. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Glen Watkins Gray...tough

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
If the rumors hold true for the power plant going in the Z28, they should put it in the Grand Sport.
Sponsored