Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Big fan of the Cyclone V6. Had one in a 2012 Mustang before the 2017 GT I have now. They are deceptively fast! There was a 2013 V6 Mustang at Solo Nats last year in CAMC. He beat a fair number of us and the engine was stock.
So true!!! Its so sad that no one represents the S550 V6 even though it is a much better chassis (in my opinion) and only 20 pounds heavier stock than the S197 (weight was mine vs an acquaintanceā€™s, S197 V6 ā€œPPā€ vs S550 V6 Base, both stock at the time). So I will rep!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is it true statement about eliminating the shifting lag? I'm searching for the solution for a long time (here is my analysis of the issue: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...x-it-explaining-with-charts-from-logs.179715/).
Would appreciate if you share more details how the shifting works after the tune
I will assume we *are* talking shifting with the paddle shifters in sport mode only.

I will not say that it ā€œcompletely eliminatedā€ more so just ā€œgenerally solvedā€. It is still an automatic transmission, so lag is inevitable (even though this is definitely one of Fordā€™s better autos, 6r80).
MPT tune definitely cut down on the shifting lag in sport mode, since the shift points are tuned far better than Fordā€™s stock trans tune (the V6 S550ā€™s engine was also detuned from factory in a general effort to reduce people wanting to purchase outside of rental companies).

[Hope this helps, if not let me know and I will check out the thread you linked to see what I can provide for info!]

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@Brigadir as an addendum to my previous post having read your post in the thread you linked, I will make note I donā€™t notice any throttle input lag in the V6 auto 6r80 from dead stop, rolling stop, or full WOT track WHILE MPT TUNED.

If someone near me has forscan and wants to help me with some other forscan things and maybe research this as well with the analysis Brigadir didā€¦perhaps we can figure out this ā€œpedal lagā€ or if my V6 even has that in tuned form? In stock form the lag is terrible. @Flyhalf do you have forscan?

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So true!!! Its so sad that no one represents the S550 V6 even though it is a much better chassis (in my opinion) and only 20 pounds heavier stock than the S197 (weight was mine vs an acquaintanceā€™s, S197 V6 ā€œPPā€ vs S550 V6 Base, both stock at the time). So I will rep!
Blame Ford. When I was shopping for my 2017 I looked at V6 S550s first. I didn't buy one because of the way the V6 cars came equipped. Really a shame because I like the idea of a V6 with a manual trans in a good chassis. But, I also want a few common creature comforts because this was going to be my daily.

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Blame Ford. When I was shopping for my 2017 I looked at V6 S550s first. I didn't buy one because of the way the V6 cars came equipped. Really a shame because I like the idea of a V6 with a manual trans in a good chassis. But, I also want a few common creature comforts because this was going to be my daily.
Fair!!! I like the light weight that comes for free with all the base options šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I really enjoyed mine. I just found myself yearning for the V8 sound and power. But the Cyclone is a very proven motor and a procharger or twin turbo setup will make them fly. Very capable right off the shelf too. Here was mine shortly before I traded it in on my 2022. Have fun with the build and enjoy the auto-X!

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I really enjoyed mine. I just found myself yearning for the V8 sound and power. But the Cyclone is a very proven motor and a procharger or twin turbo setup will make them fly. Very capable right off the shelf too. Here was mine shortly before I traded it in on my 2022. Have fun with the build and enjoy the auto-X!

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg
Love it man! Canā€™t beat a V8 sound thats for sure!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
@CobaltFilly i had a V6 destroy me at the track and my car it's supercharged. There's something to be said about having just the right amount of power to weight.
I'm certain that guy also had way more seat time than me, but i was terrified to get on the throttle in many corner exits. Glad you're enjoying the car and welcome to the mustang family. God bless the people you bought it from, really glad to hear your tribute to them with the name and plate and all. šŸ™šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@CobaltFilly i had a V6 destroy me at the track and my car it's supercharged. There's something to be said about having just the right amount of power to weight.
I'm certain that guy also had way more seat time than me, but i was terrified to get on the throttle in many corner exits. Glad you're enjoying the car and welcome to the mustang family. God bless the people you bought it from, really glad to hear your tribute to them with the name and plate and all. šŸ™šŸ’ŖšŸ¼
Thanks brother! Very glad to be here and meet all you wonderful people that have been helping me as a young man learn my passion in building and driving. Canā€™t wait to meet everyone on the track one day. And learn your lines ;)
And you betcha I check in on her often, God bless his soul and may he rest in peace. She keeps telling me that he must be looking down on me and smiling everytime I start her up. Canā€™t wait to make that man proud!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Thanks brother! Very glad to be here and meet all you wonderful people that have been helping me as a young man learn my passion in building and driving. Canā€™t wait to meet everyone on the track one day. And learn your lines ;)
And you betcha I check in on her often, God bless his soul and may he rest in peace. She keeps telling me that he must be looking down on me and smiling everytime I start her up. Canā€™t wait to make that man proud!
I finally just got back on a 'square' tire setup so my car feels way tighter side to side now. Sitting on 305/30R19s all the way around now. Should be a good summer šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Sponsored
OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I finally just got back on a 'square' tire setup so my car feels way tighter side to side now. Sitting on 305/30R19s all the way around now. Should be a good summer šŸ’ŖšŸ¼
You are the only person I have met running a similar square setup!!! I am running 295s so I only rub a *tad* on the liners. If I remove themā€¦which I may one dayā€¦then I will go 305 hoosiersā€¦heheh

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
LOL funny you should mention that i have a tire shaped hole in mine specifically on the passenger side, no holes on the driver's side yet šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø maybe I'm just not taking the right hand corners hard enough šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
LOL funny you should mention that i have a tire shaped hole in mine specifically on the passenger side, no holes on the driver's side yet šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø maybe I'm just not taking the right hand corners hard enough šŸ˜‚
Same here!!! Thunderhill West lefts like a NASCAR track šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
Added some blocking to the space between hood and top of lights to prevent air getting in through there. Could have gone with a slightly larger weatherstripping (this was 5/16ā€). But if I double up by putting another section of it on the hood, should work well.
IMG_2111.jpeg
IMG_2110.jpeg

Sealed really well! Second strip here-
IMG_2115.jpeg

Nice
IMG_2114.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Race Louvers Center and Side RT Louvers arrived today...will install this weekend or next!
Track day tomorrow!
Sponsored