Close-call thread (Dash Cam)

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
according to the reddit thread it was a high school kid and that 4 other cars were damaged
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
sounded maybe a little like a missed shift as well which may have helped get the car upset and not knowing how to recover...very lucky not a complete head on

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
it sounded like he lost control when he shifted to 2nd. he was still on the gas when the car was stepping out and didnt countersteer.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
he looks to be in 3rd / 4th gear, and breaking traction at relatively low RPM. I don't think my NA Mustang will do that, and I have the narrower A/S tires. Which leads me to believe the car has PD Supercharger. High school kid?

Whoever got that on dash cam slowed down for the Mustang. Either to admire the car, or he sensed trouble. He still almost got hit though.

I only heard one major impact and it was between cars, but maybe there was delay between the video and the audio.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
according to the reddit thread it was a high school kid and that 4 other cars were damaged

Kids with cars they shouldn't be driving... #NoFurtherComment

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

Sponsored

sm32589g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP DIB
No that dude looked like he might have had a medical issue happen inflight. He didn't steer, didn't brake, it was a total jesus take the wheel type of moment. Then following it took him awhile to open the door.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
No that dude looked like he might have had a medical issue happen inflight. He didn't steer, didn't brake, it was a total jesus take the wheel type of moment. Then following it took him awhile to open the door.
I think his medical issue was his lack of skill, talent and decision making ability. No way will my kids drive my car until they prove a track record of good judgement. Not because I am an a-hole dad, but because I would like to delay their death as long as possible.

This is yet another person that needs to learn that:
gas pedal switch.jpg

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I think his medical issue was his lack of skill, talent and decision making ability. ...
that was no ordinary Mustang GT. Probably doing 35 mph / 3rd gear, yet still managing to break traction on PP summer tires, in Florida's relatively warm weather

It looked suspiciously like this:

[ame]

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
...yet still managing to break traction on PP summer tires, in Florida's relatively warm weather

Managing to break traction in FL is easy right now, it's colder than normal. It happened to me the other night... It's on the vid I posted earlier.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think his medical issue was his lack of skill, talent and decision making ability.
+1 ... after he goes over the median you can hear him still trying to modulate the throttle, so he was definitely conscious. Too much HP, not enough skill.

Sponsored

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Two things ... How do you not immediately let go of the gas and hit the breaks when you start to slide? You can hear him on the gas the entire time lol. And secondly if that is a high school kid his parents should be brought up on charges. What kind of idiot lets their teen kid own a 400hp GT?

Under 18 you should have to need a special license for anything over 200hp.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Managing to break traction in FL is easy right now, it's colder than normal. It happened to me the other night... It's on the vid I posted earlier.
Tampa is currently 71F.

you breaking traction in 3rd gear / 35 mph ? I can get the TC light to flash in 1st, sometimes 2nd depending on the pavement. I have yet to see TC flash in 3rd gear.

this video similar. Car spinning both rear tires, pulls to the right, he stays on the gas, over-corrects to the left, and then he is out of control :headbonk: :

[ame]

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Tampa is currently 71F.

you breaking traction in 3rd gear / 35 mph ? I can get the TC light to flash in 1st, sometimes 2nd depending on the pavement. I have yet to see TC flash in 3rd gear.

this video similar. Car spinning both rear tires, pulls to the right, he stays on the gas, over-corrects to the left, and then he is out of control :headbonk: :

Nope, 2nd I think... But I'm putting down more TQ than a stock GT although I wasn't @ WOT :) I have GT PP wheels too, and they do slide easier when cold. Not saying that's the only reason he wrecked... Just that it could be a part of it. In short, the morale is: Don't be stupid with the throttle.

PS: it was 40s a couple of nights ago.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Tampa is currently 71F.

Again on the gas the whole time lol. Even while breaking it looks like.

Also I'm a bit stupid while on the throttle and need to respect it more in this cold weather. But at least if I feel the slightest grip loss first thing I do is lift off the gas completely. Well usually anyway, unless I can 'feel' letting off some and giving a bit of gas will fix it.

These perellis do suck ass though

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Been wanting to take my s550 out on a scid pad to see how this car handles at the limit and how it reacts to different driver in puts... The other night driving my stang the same happened to me pulling out and was go the go pedal a bit more than i should have getting up to speed and the 1-2 shift kicked my ass end way out but was able to straighten her back up..... I gotta get rid of these tires
Sponsored