Sponsored

Chasing False Knock

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yeah, I was wondering if there's another solution to cutting, without taking the bracket off. I haven't looked from underneath, but from the top it looks like the contact is from the edge of the bracket...not so much the nut/bolt area. It's funny, I posted a thread about this a while back just after completing my install, because it looked like it would make contact....and people said it doesn't. I know it causes false knock, because I'm getting some and I'm on E85.

Here's my pic...you can see the wear on the bracket.

Car was hot after driving home from work, so I couldn't really get in there at all. Do you guys think it's possible to remove that bracket without taking the header off again? Has anybody contacted SW about this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Your motor is too close towards the passanger side. Loosen your mounts and adjust it.

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
It hits the bolt and bracket when the block is centered.
image.jpg

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I didn't remove the mounts when I did the install, just the mount brackets from the block/mount.

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
You should be a few inches away from the frame rail. In your pic it looks to be almost touching. Just looking out.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
So do I need to remove the motor mount and move it side to side, or just unbolt the brackets on the motor? I wouldn't think there's much adjustment...they just bolt up and go.

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
The bolts on the motor are fine. Just loosen the big bolts on the top of the mount. This should allow you to slide it to the right without jacking the block or lifting the car theoretically. We installed my headers in the driveway thats why I know this trick. The motor pivots decently easy. However I would get a buddy to help center it before locking it down. Having more engine play will enable you to remove/trim the A/C bracket easier.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Thanks for the heads up. And you're talking about the two bolts holding the mounts to the frame, or the top bolt that holds the bracket to the mount?

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Bracket to mount. The motor and frame are fixed points. The single bolt visible from the engine bay provides all the adjustment.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Much appreciated! I've been hearing a rattle at normal driving throttle loads, and I think that's it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
No problem. Thats what this forum is for. Ive been chasing this issue for months. Had to spread the knowledge.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I've been searching for that rattle and couldn't find it. Removed and reinstalled all the clamps for the header connection, adjusted the header to catback clamps, and figured it was this damn bolt. Mine is so close I'm wondering if it's contacting more than just that bolt/bracket. I wonder if SW is working on this, or can help us out at all for having to modify the car to get these to fit.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Audi RS3 / 2023 Porsche GT4
I'm in the middle of doing my headers right now and I'm glad I saw this. I knew there was something to do with the AC bracket but wasn't 100% sure what it was until I saw this thread. Is that bracket attached to the actual car? I'll probably pick up some heat wrap too while I have the headers out.

OP
OP
RubyRedBoost

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Yes you can unbolt the bracket from the car while the header is out. If not you will have to hack it up like I did. I was too lazy to try and uninstall it after so long. The line isnt loose but I added zipties to keep it tight against the body. Just removing it shouldnt cause any issues though.