Sponsored

Change in Kelly Blue Book Values for GT350

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
I noticed that KBB.com has increased the value of the GT350 "Tech" cars, perhaps higher than the GT350 "Track" packaged cars. Checking all the correct boxes in the options category, a 1500 mile, 2016 GT350 Tech car was valued at $60,200; where a Track car was valued at $59,800 (sale to a private buyer).

Not to long ago, this was the opposite, where track cars were valued higher than Tech cars.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I noticed that KBB.com has increased the value of the GT350 "Tech" cars, perhaps higher than the GT350 "Track" packaged cars. Checking all the correct boxes in the options category, a 1500 mile, 2016 GT350 Tech car was valued at $60,200; where a Track car was valued at $59,800 (sale to a private buyer).

Not to long ago, this was the opposite, where track cars were valued higher than Tech cars.
Makes sense. For the same reason so many bought the Tech vs the Track pack, amenities. Most of the time the options used most garner the best resale value.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The trade in value is $1300 higher on the track pack car I just checked . There are a lot of tech cars hitting the market which will bring down prices. Once the facts about overheating raises it ugly head .....people into these cars wouldn't touch one. They are already trading them in for the 17. The dealers are the ones who ordered mostly tech cars by 3 to 1. In the Atlanta market it was difficult trying to find a track pack in dealer inventory.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
The trade in value is $1300 higher on the track pack car. There are a ton of tech cars hitting the market which will bring down prices. Once the facts about overheating raises it ugly head .....people into these cars wouldn't touch one. They are already trading them in for the 17.
Agreed. What KBB does not factor is that the vast majority of used GT350 buyers will be educated to the deficiencies of the tech cars and they will sell far less than track cars.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
That's a $400 difference - the Tech option was $1000 more than the track, so the Track is still holding it's value better. No?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GRTWHT

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
The trade in value is $1300 higher on the track pack car I just checked . There are a lot of tech cars hitting the market which will bring down prices. Once the facts about overheating raises it ugly head .....people into these cars wouldn't touch one. They are already trading them in for the 17. The dealers are the ones who ordered mostly tech cars by 3 to 1. In the Atlanta market it was difficult trying to find a track pack in dealer inventory.
You assume a car that is driven heavily on a track vs a car that is only driven on the streets, is still in "excellent" condition. I doubt that "most" people, who can afford these cars, would pick a used car that has extensive use on a race track vs one that has only been street driven, for everyday driving use. JMO.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
You assume a car that is driven heavily on a track vs a car that is only driven on the streets, is still in "excellent" condition. I doubt that "most" people, who can afford these cars, would pick a used car that has extensive use on a race track vs one that has only been street driven, for everyday driving use. JMO.
Guess how many Viper ACRs were actually taken to the track? Very few....

I agree that a tracked car will bring a lower resale value.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
The majority of Tech cars will never see a track and will not be pushed hard enough to have issues. The owners of the three in this area would have difficulty showing you where the dipstick is located much less think a $7500 option is a drawback.
They bought it because it looks hot, and they see real Shelby's bringing $100K+ at Barrett Jackson. BTW.. They all paid over $80K for the ride and think it's a great investment.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The majority of Tech cars will never see a track and will not be pushed hard enough to have issues. The owners of the three in this area would have difficulty showing you where the dipstick is located much less think a $7500 option is a drawback.
They bought it because it looks hot, and they see real Shelby's bringing $100K+ at Barrett Jackson. BTW.. They all paid over $80K for the ride and think it's a great investment.
Stupid is as stupid does -Forrest Gump

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
KBB values are useless aside from a ROUGH ball park. For trim levels its 100% useless they have no way of knowing when a car sells what options it has.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
For the average person that never intends to track their car, the Tech pack is the better choice with more options that are attractive to a daily driver. As such, it will draw a higher premium from the general public market.
On the flip side, the Track Pack and MY2017+ cars are now passing the number of Tech Pack cars in the market place and will hold a higher value for the track enthusiast, which realistically is probably no more than 15-20% of the total Shelby owners (just a guess on my part).
I don't think either market will take a big advantage towards the sales value of a particular model, more so since there will likely be a couple more years of production.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The KBB values are a joke. The cash offer system came back at $52k. CarMax offered me $53k which the Ford dealer matched. 2016 Tech Pack with 5,500 miles. Now the dealer is asking $61k for it, but their is no way in hell they're getting it. There is a brand new yellow one for MSRP right next to it in the showroom.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Their are less track pack cars. Kbb sucks. Everything is only worth what you're willing to sell it for and the buyer is willing to spend.

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Remember, KBB is for the masses, and likely correct... Sure, the hardcore enthusiast knows the faults but considering there are in the ballpark of 7-8000 GT350's out there now from '15-17 and less than 400 registered owners on this site, the hardcore are the minority by far.
Sponsored