Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Nice, did you order it painted?

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Just a heads up, looks like i5 autohaus will be making their 18+ GT500 style hood available this month.

This one is aluminum and going by the 15-17 version, the louvers come pre-painted in gloss black.

Looks like the hood pins are non-functional as this one looks more like a replica but I’ll probably be going this route as opposed to cervini (depending on the price).

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Whats the price?

LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, looks like i5 autohaus will be making their 18+ GT500 style hood available this month.

This one is aluminum and going by the 15-17 version, the louvers come pre-painted in gloss black.

Looks like the hood pins are non-functional as this one looks more like a replica but I’ll probably be going this route as opposed to cervini (depending on the price).
you can still make them functional if you use quik-latch QL-38 or 50, but depends on how wide the indentation diameter is and if it also lines up with a decent reinfocement point on the radiator frame? That is the big question, does it line up on a good reinforcement point under hood, and is the indentation wide enough for real hood pins?

This is the only hood that retains the 18+ side ridge pattern and the gloss vent shipped is a bonus.

The other issue is some who already have the 15-17 version of this I5 one, some have arrived literally bent in the shape of a Taco shell. But on the bright side, PDR can work on it :)

sample of 15-17 version, can see the indentations and holes for pins, the ones that come with it are stick ons

The 15-17 sell at $949 so I am sure 18+ might be same range, not much different price from Cervinis unpainted

I still cannot find any underhood photos of it, not sure how good it retains anything such as wipers or weather stripping. heat extractor scale looks off a bit, smaller?

View attachment 2f5252_7a954e6c474a4277b91adf1ae9712ec9~mv2.jpg

Last edited:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
FYI, it’s 7lbs heavier than stock. Plus another 8lbs for the rain tray.

Sponsored

LokiS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a pair of red line gas hood struts which seem ok on standard hood but would any of you recommend a stronger pair? I'm already planning to paint centre vents gloss black with twin gloss stripes over body, was thinking of doing them body colour ( magnetic) but have sort of gone off that idea. Please keep this thread going with any piccys and info, they all look fantastic , not sure if I will be first in UK, hopefully some one will prove me wrong ☺. I have corrosion on front lip of hood hence reason for changing, I'm not looking to do a replica GT 500 so won't be getting any other parts but out of all the hoods I've looked at and read about this one floats my boat. This is mine at moment.
20200513_192746.jpg

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Brah that fitment. Look above the left headlight.
two large aftermarket body panels meeting you're almost guaranteed to have major fitment issues without lots of adjustment LOL

i also see a bad fitment spot above the driver side headlight where the hood meets the front edge of the fender

ripvanbl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
For those who had a local body shop do the paint and finish ... did they say how much they had to tweak things? My local shop is saying "fiberglass? probably $2400 to get it to fit right and paint match with the fenders". Is that about right? Makes that $500 painting option from Cervinis look more appealing if there isn't a lot of fit-n-finish issues.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
For those who had a local body shop do the paint and finish ... did they say how much they had to tweak things? My local shop is saying "fiberglass? probably $2400 to get it to fit right and paint match with the fenders". Is that about right? Makes that $500 painting option from Cervinis look more appealing if there isn't a lot of fit-n-finish issues.
I got a quote that was $1400 and almost cancelled my order, instead I decided to go with Cervini's paint and I'm happy with it. The match is great for me. I didn't love the alignment that I did, so I dropped it off at another body shop to have the louver painted and the hood aligned, that quoted me $150 for that. I should have it back Friday.

One thing I'll say is my car is garaged, covered, and a fair weather car, so fading isn't a major issue for me, it may be for others.
Sponsored