Cervinis GT500 hood for 2018

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I do like that hood the more I look at it . Canadian distributors? I wonder the landed price .
Sponsored

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It is the same on the 15-17 hood.
2A0D3E81-62E6-4A60-9359-2BF6A93278A2.jpeg
I've been waiting for a Ruby Red picture... was the paint a good match? Looks very good.

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
I've been waiting for a Ruby Red picture... was the paint a good match? Looks very good.
I had the hood painted here at my local paint shop. It was to risky to have ist shipped to Germany, just to see that the paint did not match.
The heat extractor was painted gloss black

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I had the hood painted here at my local paint shop. It was to risky to have ist shipped to Germany, just to see that the paint did not match.
The heat extractor was painted gloss black
Awesome.
Thanks for your reply. It looks great!

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
It is the same on the 15-17 hood.
2A0D3E81-62E6-4A60-9359-2BF6A93278A2.jpeg
My body shop told me that when they do CF and fiberglass, they seem to only recommend the flush mount aerocatch over the over surface ones for glass hoods due to cracking and stress. No idea what they are talking about? I could go old school with the twist lock style quik latch ql-50 if I decide to put hood pins on this, but others have had spider cracking eventually anyway with hole mounted hood pins on glass hoods. Guess it has to be adjusted to right amount to not deal with stress. I notice the factory GT500 hood come with a nice indentation with diameter for QL-50 hood pins, with the hood designed with indentations already, it probably helps with surface issues on the GT500, but is it aluminum though? There is a Chinese MP concepts 15-17 GT500 hood that has pin indentations and is aluminum, but very flimsy vs stock due to reviews.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Can it latch with stock hardware?
Yes it is designed to use stock hardware and no hood pins needed.

You just transfer the original factory latch catch to the hood (cervinis has a stealth metal plate for the latch, its not screwed purely into fiberglass like some cheap hoods) also uses the original factory hinges.

Last edited:

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
In Germany every change of the car must be inspected by a TĂśV engineer and then the changes must be written in the legal papers of the car, so the Police can check of your car is street legal.
I had to use Aerocatch hood pins just to get the hood approved. I had the quicklatch QL38, but the TĂśV engineer insists on Aerocatch and I had to make a 375 mile roadtrip to get to the one engineer who was willing to approve the hood.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
In Germany every change of the car must be inspected by a TĂśV engineer and then the changes must be written in the legal papers of the car, so the Police can check of your car is street legal.
I had to use Aerocatch hood pins just to get the hood approved. I had the quicklatch QL38, but the TĂśV engineer insists on Aerocatch and I had to make a 375 mile roadtrip to get to the one engineer who was willing to approve the hood.
Did you install the QL first then had to make hole bigger or was able to get the answer before drilling?

ouch.... I heard some European countries ban hood pins outright.

Sponsored

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
They told me prior before drilling that I must use the aerocatch. Hood pins are legal but they must be flush with the hood, so actual „Pins“ would be illegal.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Seems subjective.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer