MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm not sure what the big deal is. Oil, coolant, brake fluid, filters, yada yada yada. Buy the stuff and change it. Especially on a Corvette. They make tens of thousands every year, so it should be easy enough to find info if you aren't 100% sure how to do something.
For a while, a dealer had to get certified to work on the C8 before they could even sell them. I’m not sure if that’s still the case. The two closest Chevy dealers to me got the certification right away so it’s never been an issue locally.

edit: I assume the biggest part of the tech training is the DCT. There’s probably a few other nuances with the mid engine format, location of coolers, etc.
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like not a Z07 nor with aero. Guessing not the comp seats? At any rate, thanks for the detailed review. I wish a manual would have been an option. Sounds as if you could do an even trade for the Z06, you wouldn’t miss the M1 and stick?
Not sure what those options include, sorry. Not a corvette guy. But having said that, would I trade my M1 6 spd for a Z06? Hell yes. I would even add $25-30k cash to get there. I wouldn’t add the $75k minimum that it would realistically take to make it happen.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Slight bummer the 500 you drove was the base car. Would have been very interested to know your thoughts on the CFTP vs. Z06. I still fully expect the vette to be the better track car simply due to the fundamental difference in architecture.

Personally I expect the ZR1 will not have a manual due to the performance numbers. Unless they put a sequential in a factory car….

Probably twin turbo version cross plane version of the z06 like the GT500 was to the 350 for reliability. Or maybe hybrid….that WOULD be unexpected. Or AWD…

I expect it’s a car that is going to run nearly 180k with options given the previous Gen price point + inflation and feature creep.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
very interested to know your thoughts on the CFTP vs. Z06.
It doesn't make any difference. Cftp is the same as z07 package. It doesn't change the fundamental characteristics of the underlying.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Wonder if it will be able to beat a GT500 with a 3.8L whipple on 93 and some beadlocks on the street. If not, not interested.

I wanted a c8 before the z06 was released. After seeing what the z06 cost fully loaded, and the amount of power they came with, just didn't seem worth it.

Assuming this thing costs over 130K ish for a no option model if it doesn't come from the factory with at least 825, its a bust to me.
Who is running a gt500 with a whipple 3.8 on 93?

Sponsored

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Who is running a gt500 with a whipple 3.8 on 93?
A lot of people.

I'm about to put one on mine.

It's safer to run a whipple 3.8 on 93 making 900 to the wheels with a big pulley and no extra cooling, compared to pushing the stock blower hard with a small pulley, and needing an interchiller.

Even Whipple advertises it at 1,000 flywheel on 93 on their site.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
A lot of people.

I'm about to put one on mine.

It's safer to run a whipple 3.8 on 93 making 900 to the wheels with a big pulley and no extra cooling, compared to pushing the stock blower hard with a small pulley, and needing an interchiller.

Even Whipple advertises it at 1,000 flywheel on 93 on their site.
More power to them I suppose.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I enjoy manual transmissions on older, classic cars. They just seem out of place on modern performance cars. I'm sure there are lots of people who don't care, but modern cars don't need your help shifting. They are better at it than you are.
Stay in your lane. I'll do my own shifting, thank you.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I would have agreed with you 5 years ago, but after 60 years of driving manual transmissions, it isn't fun any more. At best it's something you don't notice yourself doing, at worst it's just a nuisance. Besides, I'm pushing 81 years old. I don't need any potential distractions when I'm driving. No matter how good you still think you are, you would be wrong.
At least you've admitted that you lost it. Most of us haven't.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
He self reports he is 81 years old. Cut the guy some slack. Most folks his age have no business behind the wheel of anything nor in the White House.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
It doesn't make any difference. Cftp is the same as z07 package. It doesn't change the fundamental characteristics of the underlying.
Maybe we are talking to different points. There is no way the Base car would achieve the same lap time as a CFTP car. Im not saying the ZO6 and CFTP are somehow equivalent product offerings. They are not. Historically the vette has not really been a direct competitor to the mustang anyways. Different purposes. I’m just wondering how much of a difference it might have made. I have owned both versions of the 500 and the CFTP handling and grip is significantly better, IMVHO.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm about 5 years past average lifespan, so don't get too smug. You may not make it this far.

I get some odd looks and comments when people see a ratty looking old guy getting in/out of a Z4 M40i.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm about 5 years past average lifespan, so don't get too smug. You may not make it this far.

I get some odd looks and comments when people see a ratty looking old guy getting in/out of a Z4 M40i.
More power to you buying something fun. 99% of people at any age tend to buy crappy basic transporation rather than something enjoyable to drive.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

I likely won't make it that far but your smugness is what made me respond that way. You're speaking in absolutes saying that automatic is best. I disagree. I'd much rather have a stick. If I want to drive an automatic, I'll drive my wife's Audi. But yes, more power to you. You're on a message board at 81 talking to some whipper snappers about "muscle" cars. I envy you more than you know.
Sponsored