Burned...

Joe Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (on order)
Check out the nice email I got from the dealer I have my GT350R order with...:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Hi Joe;
I just go some very disturbing news from my General manager and Ford.
The GT350R - there will be no allocation for orders, no GT350R's will be built.
We can order the GT350, that is why the order was sitting in limbo.
A definite mis-comunication from FORD to our owner and general manager..
I'm a liitle upset with Ford getting our hopes up .
Let me know what you would like to do,

Ed Rutherford
Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is clearly not true considering Ford put out a press release and photos of the 2017 GT350R TODAY.

This means that your specific dealer will not have an allocation for one, not that the car wont be built at all. This seems to be a very common thing. Dealers don't get an allocation and they go tell customers the car won't exist. I suppose this is their way of tricking you into buying a normal GT350 from them since they know they can't get you an R.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That can be interpreted as that specific dealer has zero R allocation.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Check out the nice email I got from the dealer I have my GT350R order with...:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Hi Joe;
I just go some very disturbing news from my General manager and Ford.
The GT350R - there will be no allocation for orders, no GT350R's will be built.
We can order the GT350, that is why the order was sitting in limbo.
A definite mis-comunication from FORD to our owner and general manager..
I'm a liitle upset with Ford getting our hopes up .
Let me know what you would like to do,

Ed Rutherford
You either have an allocation or you don't. Sounds like your dealer was just hoping to get an order from you.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This has happened many times unfortunately, where the dealer thought they had an R allocation when in fact it was a standard GT350. Unfortunately nothing in the ordering system flags this, it isn't discovered until its time to schedule the order

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
This has happened many times unfortunately, where the dealer thought they had an R allocation when in fact it was a standard GT350. Unfortunately nothing in the ordering system flags this, it isn't discovered until its time to schedule the order
I don't think that's the case. Allocations are specific to the model 350 or 350R just as the Boss was available as a standard Boss or a Laguna Seca. The dealer knows that info when they receive the allocation.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Multiple folks on here have reported exactly this case. The order system allows them to configure the R, even if the allocation is not for one. So either an error on the dealers part in how interpreted the allocation or they go to try to order the R, order goes through, they think (hope) its valid, and then it gets flagged once the order is pulled by the regional rep for scheduling.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
How can dealers claim they're getting an R "by mistake?" Every dealer I talked with knew whether or not they were getting one when allocations for 2016 were first announced. My dealer already knows he's not getting one for 2017.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I don't think that's the case. Allocations are specific to the model 350 or 350R just as the Boss was available as a standard Boss or a Laguna Seca. The dealer knows that info when they receive the allocation.
You're giving the dealers way too much credit for understanding the system under which they operate.

TripleYellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby GT350
Same thing happened to me in December after 7 months. See post here:http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38119

Dealer "swore" to me that he had an R allocation. I had a signed sales contract, paid deposit, Ford Order number that I was tracking, etc. It would show up as "Unscheduled - Material Hold" in the system. Seven months later when the Ford rep went to release the order he simply stated that that dealer did not have an R allocation.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Or it's a dealer who thinks that the (R) (Registered) Symbol is a R.
My dealer called me back in December saying my car arrived by mistaking the symbol for being an R. I about shat a brick and raced up there only to have to inform them the cars that arrived were not R's. :doh:
Sponsored