BRAKE FLUID CHANGE - NO ABS SERVICE BLEED IN FORSCAN

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
I changed my brake fluid yesterday to Castrol SRF using my Motive power bleeder. After which I attempted to bleed the abs portion using Forscan with no luck. I am new to Forscan, but very familiar with other diagnostic software. I downloaded Forscan and activated the license. Connected to the car just fine using an OBDLINK MX+ adapter. Unfortunately, I can find no ABS bleed function available in any of the menus.

I’ve seen several YouTube videos showing how to use the function, so I know it exists somewhere.

Any suggestions?

if there is in fact no option in Forscan, what is the technique to bleed the ABS?

note: after the fluid change, the brakes are solid. I did cause an ABS event and the brakes continued to be solid afterwards, so I am not concerned about air being trapped. My main concern is getting all of the old fluid out.
Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I just changed out my lines to Steeda braided steel MR lines and changed the fluid to Hawk HP660. I used a brake bleed container with an attachment for the nipple to get all the fluid out before I removed the lines and used almost two bottles of HP660 to refill the system. I had researched that you need 3-4 bottles but after completely emptying out the system and removing the lines I only needed just under 2 bottles. I used the Girlfriend pumping the pedal method and had no issues. Good news is I have 2 spare bottles for a future brake fluid change.

Last edited:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i used it but don't know if it is actually useful. i don't remember where it is but at the bottom it says executing service procedure.

20210329_191833.jpg

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
It doesn't show up on models for the last few years. When I replaced my brake fluid and lines on my 2022, I went through this. Just did the normal bleed procedure, did a few hard stops from about 80mph to engage ABS, and rebled (which seemed unnecessary). Everything felt/feels normal even during track events.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Agree. Motive power bleeder, starting with caliper furthest away and moving closer. Never had a problem.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Which adapter was used for the Motive Bleeder?

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
If you have a manual, then you don’t care about the ABS module, because the clutch line is a disaster of ancient and water-logged fluid.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
If you have a manual, then you don’t care about the ABS module, because the clutch line is a disaster of ancient and water-logged fluid.
can you not just block the clutch in the down position and bleed everything???

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions, copied verbatim from the Service Manual are:

NOTE: Master cylinder pressure bleeder adapter tools are available from various manufacturers of pressure bleeding equipment. Follow the instructions of the manufacturer when installing the adapter.

Install the bleeder adapter to the brake master cylinder reservoir and attach the bleeder tank hose to the fitting on the adapter.
Use the General Equipment: Brake/Clutch System Pressure Bleeder/Filler
NOTE: Make sure the bleeder tank contains enough clean, specified brake fluid to complete the bleeding operation.

Open the valve on the bleeder tank and apply 207-345 kPa (30-50 psi) to the brake system.

Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
45mm threaded adapter (1109)

25FEFB25-8595-403C-AABD-A9A328229318.jpeg
I wish I knew this when I got my Motive. It came with a plastic adaptor. 1st time was okay. the 2nd time it popped off and brake fluid went everywhere. Now I just use the old fashioned method and even got speed bleeder nipples.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I wish I knew this when I got my Motive. It came with a plastic adaptor. 1st time was okay. the 2nd time it popped off and brake fluid went everywhere. Now I just use the old fashioned method and even got speed bleeder nipples.
Well I ve had a few bleeder types. Once the hose on my motive cracked probably just from age. what a mess and it sprayed all over. Got the water hose out as fast as I could, LOL...
I ve been using the suction type bleeder you put on the caliper and attached to a compressor. I m gun shy now with the self filling options so I just top the resiviour off after each few ounces.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
Well I ve had a few bleeder types. Once the hose on my motive cracked probably just from age. what a mess and it sprayed all over. Got the water hose out as fast as I could, LOL...
I ve been using the suction type bleeder you put on the caliper and attached to a compressor. I m gun shy now with the self filling options so I just top the resiviour off after each few ounces.
Yeah once you get this scenario, one is reluctant to try again. I also used the vacuum hand held pump but didn't find it effective enough. Now I get my wife to pump the brakes while I bleed. Speed Bleeder claim that it doesn't leak through the threads when you loosen them to bleed. We'll see.
Sponsored