Sponsored

Bossing's GT350 journey....

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Well my journey with these two high performance cars just got more accolades!

The GT350 won the Autoguide Reader's Choice Car of the Year... http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...om-reader-s-choice-car-of-the-year-award.html

While the Z06 won their Reader's Choice Sports Car of the Year... http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...er-s-choice-sports-car-of-the-year-award.html

Nice! :clap2:

statistically speaking, the more cars you own, the more awards you'll win.
The GT350 / R is a sensational vehicle and I prefer it over the Vette's, but I tend to agree with the R&T editors that the Z51 is the C7 to have. (I've driven both Z51 and Z06/7)
My wife will be happy to know that her '15 Edge Sport won Utility Vehicle of the year. She cross-shopped quite a few vehicles including the SQ5 and Macan, but the Edge was her favorite. Ford Performance is gaining momentum and I hope that what I've felt driving the GT350R will translate to the Focus RS Iand beyond...I'm optimistic that it will.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
statistically speaking, the more cars you own, the more awards you'll win.
The GT350 / R is a sensational vehicle and I prefer it over the Vette's, but I tend to agree with the R&T editors that the Z51 is the C7 to have. (I've driven both Z51 and Z06/7)
My wife will be happy to know that her '15 Edge Sport won Utility Vehicle of the year. She cross-shopped quite a few vehicles including the SQ5 and Macan, but the Edge was her favorite. Ford Performance is gaining momentum and I hope that what I've felt driving the GT350R will translate to the Focus RS Iand beyond...I'm optimistic that it will.
All 8 PCOTY participants are great performing cars indeed so I agree with the article's cover caption. I do think half of the R&T folks stated liking the Stingray because they like to award bang for the buck cars plus with the Z06 having so much power it's quite easy to simply "just aim and blow it up".... akin to an RPG vs. a Colt at a western cowboy's showdown. And the Z06 can be downright insane... challenging or even dangerous on the roads because it really can get tricky to drive & harness. With great power comes great responsibility as the masked Peter Parker avows. Basically, I'd rather not push it past 7/10ths on the public road. On the street, the Stingray is indeed more driver involved kinda like how the GT350 also feels.... hence again a driver's car so both aren't simply on & off switches so to speak. Having my Z06 for nearly 12-months now (I also owned the Z51 for a year) I can understand how the Stingray can be preferred at times but for me personally no way would I revert back to owning it again instead of the Z... I much prefer the wider body design, the more taut suspension, the verbose exhaust growls, and the overwhelming power of the Z06. I know the car quite well now and my limits with it on & off the track thus I'm quite comfortable and respectful of it.

As for the Edge, one of its key strengths is the utility distinction indeed, versatility included... so it deserves accolades as well. When I shopped for a sporty CUV/SUV I also looked at a few brands but I preferred the sportier and powerful side more than utility or cargo space... plus I now already have a full-size truck. The GLA45 AMG and the Macan were the two I considered (the SQ5 is nice but for that amount of coin I'd rather shop for the Porsche) and in the end the Macan was my clear runaway winner and top choice IMO. I preferred its design & style and all-around performance features. It handles the roads close to how the 981 and 991 cars do plus the fit & finish is topshelf. High quality in and out. In addition, it also has a true Porsche PDK and that's easily the best & fastest shifting automatic transmission I have ever experienced. Opting for the Turbo model plus some key options was a no brainer for me. The Macan is far from being a practical utilitarian vehicle. Cargo room is clearly sacrificed for design... in essence it's more like a 911 SUV and that's what I like so much about it.

So back to the amazing GT350.... barring any unforseen delays mine should be arriving sometime late tomorrow or Thursday morning. The transporter left NJ yesterday and has a stop in SC later today. Some of you guys know truck drivers must get at least 7 hours of downtime/rest... and the "11/14 rule" states no more than 11 hours of continuous driving (and no more than 14 hours of driving + working) so I can clearly understand safety first and foremost. He also has a stop or two prior to reaching south FL. Obviously I'm excited to receive it again... can't wait to hear that melodious FPC. I can only imagine if it was an R w/o resonators. Wow!

I can't repeat it enough but 99% of you will not be disappointed once you hear the exotic roar of this Shelby. Have to be PC... not sure why but there's that 1% who may not be satisfied.

:cheers:
image.jpg

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
lol, holy crap, I just watched the video.

"Tear up an index card to secure the screw to the socket."

"Use a wadded up shop towel and bang on the splitter with a mallet."

:eyebulge:
Yup.... and my buddy and I will actually tackle this install on Saturday. :doh:
My car is arriving tomorrow... feels like a déjà vu again. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Bossing...which car in your stable wins the Bossing's Choice Award?
Can I take the Fifth on that?? :D
Too early to tell though... still in the honeymoon stage with the Shelby. ;)

350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
My 2015 Shelby GT350 timelines summarized:

- Dealer lottery winner; order date 5/12 (AG, Track, Black roof, Black/White stripes)
- Build week 7/19
- Produced 7/29 (Chassis F134; VIN #134)
- On 7/29: my earnest deposit placed to secure purchase (lead from Ruben... thanks!)
- From 7/30 thru 10/28 "built and at FRAP"
- On 10/29: "Released to ship; pending eta"
- On 11/2: in transit by rail; at New Boston, MI
- On 11/4: in transit by rail: at Connelsville, PA
- On 11/6: arrived at Twin Oaks, PA: ETA to dealership is 11/8-12
- From 11/6 thru 11/12: still at rail depot and awaiting transporter loading at ramp 5R
- Arrived at dealership in Dover, DE on the morning of 11/12
- Dealer called me at 10AM and I immediately made arrangements to fly out withn a few hours... :D

Odometer reading was 28.5 upon arrival at dealer and pic after dealer's Mgr filled her up per my approval:

Honored by the dealer was my request to keep everything intact as-is from FRAP. :)

-------moved into showroom awaiting my arrival from FL to DE.... my first pics at Winner Ford @ 6pm------

22964388362_6c99cd558d_b.jpg

22963408752_e4c9d3b3fe_b.jpg

22559487378_230e28b25c_b.jpg

------ @ 7pm when SA drove it out of showroom for my delivery and drive to Philly 'burbs ------

Great job with the time line and pics, Congrats man. So how did you get all the transportation details?

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Great job with the time line and pics, Congrats man. So how did you get all the transportation details?
Thanks! All the transportatiob updates were provided by the Ford Performance team (especially the rail updates) or dealership (mostly for confirmation).

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
lol, holy crap, I just watched the video.

"Tear up an index card to secure the screw to the socket."

"Use a wadded up shop towel and bang on the splitter with a mallet."

:eyebulge:

I'm glad Ford is using the W-708464-S450B M6X15 to install the front splitter. That's always been one of my favorite fasteners. :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Dang! I was stressing out just watching you try to back the car out. Glad I was not in the driver seat for that part.
Lol... that was the trucker Nick and I was recording/guiding him from the front while my friend (who owns that cool KC) was eyeing it from the back. Those truck floors are cool... elevates up or down for a flat bed front to rear. All safe now! :cheers:

22706591307_f4fc7e49f2_b.jpg

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Hard to tell in the videos but do you think if you had the lip on it would have been fine for transportation? Trying to decide if that's the route I want to go as well as far as leaving it uninstalled for transporting.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Nail biter for sure. Thanks for sharing another great vid of your experience.

Love the growl when she starts up. It sounds like when it starts it briefly transfers to LOUD mode, almost like Ford did it on purpose to remind everyone what lies underhood. :hail:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Good job on your order Bossing. I think AG looks great with the black stripes and black roof. I changed my order to DIB w/ black stripes as I initially had an AG w/ blue stripes order, saw one in the flesh and changed my order. I'd be pleased if I had ordered it the way you did...:thumbsup:
Sponsored