Sponsored

Black 5.0 Badge From Ford

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Since the new Mustangs have the "blacked out" option, I found the part numbers and put them on my car. couldn't be happier. They have the little tabs and all so they lined up and fit perfectly.:cheers:
Badge 1.JPG
badge 2.JPG
badge 3.JPG
badge 4.JPG
badge 5.JPG
badge 6.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
fstenuf

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry I forgot to rotate the images before I posted them and I don't know how to edit the pictures from the first post:frusty:
badge 3.JPG
badge 4.JPG
badge 5.JPG
badge 6.JPG

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Looks great! I have the same badges in my garage. What did you use to clean off the tape that the old badge left behind? I have used goo-gone in the past. Just wondering if there is something that is faster lol.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Since the new Mustangs have the "blacked out" option, I found the part numbers and put them on my car. couldn't be happier. They have the little tabs and all so they lined up and fit perfectly.:cheers:
That's great! Could you please share the part number?

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looks great! I have the same badges in my garage. What did you use to clean off the tape that the old badge left behind? I have used goo-gone in the past. Just wondering if there is something that is faster lol.
I used Goo-Gone initially, but found a little bit of WD40 on a towel helped to remove it much faster.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
in for part number

OP
OP
fstenuf

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-GR3Z-1...ash=item58d77aa08a:g:6H4AAOSwu1VW6u48&vxp=mtr

There is one of them. I think all you do is change the A to a B to get the other side.

I don't know if it's the right way or not but I used finger nail polish remover and it worked great! I tried using WD-40 but didn't have the best of luck with it.

I used heat from a hair dryer and fishing line to get behind the emblem. Then I used a plastic squeegee to get in behind it and gently pry it up. As you can see there was a lot of material left behind. All I did for that was use heat and that squeegee to get the big clumps of it off. Then I went back over the fine layer of glue with a shop towel and finger nail polish remover and the rest is history.

Hope this helps guys!

OP
OP
fstenuf

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I bought a set on Amazon for $9.99 in matte black. They look and fit great. Holding up fine for now!
Sponsored