N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, long time reader first time poster. How can I improve my street 60 foot & 1/8 time with my 300 wear street tires ? Thanks.
Vid for visual purposes 😂

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
You are not John Force, learn to lift and ride again.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I enjoy trying to get my Pilots to 60' on a sticky track.
Went 1.83 last time out, no complaining here 🤣

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I enjoy trying to get my Pilots to 60' on a sticky track.
Went 1.83 last time out, no complaining here 🤣
Are you able to do this consistently? Any video of the runs available?

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Are you able to do this consistently? Any video of the runs available?
Not sure if I have video, will ask around. This was rental prep. Went 1.88 the previous pass and immediately knew where I could get more aggressive, hot lapped it and cut the 1.83 (11.78 @ 119.5).
I learned on this trip to start rolling into the throttle before I let of the brake then find WOT as quick and smooth as possible.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not sure if I have video, will ask around. This was rental prep. Went 1.88 the previous pass and immediately knew where I could get more aggressive, hot lapped it and cut the 1.83 (11.78 @ 119.5).
I learned on this trip to start rolling into the throttle before I let of the brake then find WOT as quick and smooth as possible.
@Cory S He said WOT

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Hell... I can't run street tires at the strip. I mean, I *could* but it's hard AF keeping it straight when you have 600+whp. I didn't like running the MP4s stock but when I added the SC to this car it was a nogo after 1 run.. Car shifted gears around 75 and I went sideways.. Pretty close to smacking the wall. I'm pretty experienced at the strip and that sent me home for the evening. Immediately put on DR's and will not go back.

Note that the Roush tune neuters drag mode shifts. When I had Wengerd's tune loaded it brought back the violence to shifts and I could not imagine that on street tires even on a prepped track.

When tuned the car lights up my 20" Street SS tires at 110mph... It's a crazy feeling having the rear kick out a touch at those speeds... I would kill myself on street tires.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Hell... I can't run street tires at the strip. I mean, I *could* but it's hard AF keeping it straight when you have 600+whp. I didn't like running the MP4s stock but when I added the SC to this car it was a nogo after 1 run.. Car shifted gears around 75 and I went sideways.. Pretty close to smacking the wall. I'm pretty experienced at the strip and that sent me home for the evening. Immediately put on DR's and will not go back.

Note that the Roush tune neuters drag mode shifts. When I had Wengerd's tune loaded it brought back the violence to shifts and I could not imagine that on street tires even on a prepped track.

When tuned the car lights up my 20" Street SS tires at 110mph... It's a crazy feeling having the rear kick out a touch at those speeds... I would kill myself on street tires.
I do not use drag mode. Probably costs .2 with all the spinning on every shift.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I do not use drag mode. Probably costs .2 with all the spinning on every shift.
On street tires I can imagine. Even at stock-ish power levels.
Sponsored