OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I like Beadmaker but have found better options lately. I still have it in my arsenal, the main thing I don't like is the name doesn't coincide with what it does. Makes paint glossy and slick, yes Beads, not so much :( I much prefer Adams Slick N Slide for a final wipe down, or for a ceramic booster, NV Boost V2 or Koch Chemie S0.02 are much better, and last a lot longer.
Have to say I see why you like Slick and slide. Just tried it tonight on my Gyeon coated car and my wife's which has bead maker on it.
Went on smooth and no smearing and left a very slick surface.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I use the Beadmaker on top of a 4-year-old ceramic coating (5 year coating...if it is true lol). I don't drive the car if I know it is going to rain but if I get caught out in it, I am not running home to the garage. I would like something that lasts a little longer. How does the NV Boost V2 compare as far as gloss and slickness are concerned? I read it lasts a couple of months, are you finding this to be true? Thanks

I like Beadmaker but have found better options lately. I still have it in my arsenal, the main thing I don't like is the name doesn't coincide with what it does. Makes paint glossy and slick, yes Beads, not so much :( I much prefer Adams Slick N Slide for a final wipe down, or for a ceramic booster, NV Boost V2 or Koch Chemie S0.02 are much better, and last a lot longer.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
"Lasts a little longer" I'm confused-are you saying you don't have any beading at all? You might want to check if your ceramic coating is done for.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I still have lots of beading from the coating. I was referring to the gloss and slickness of the Beadmaker. It looks great but need to add it every week or two, when I wash the car.

"Lasts a little longer" I'm confused-are you saying you don't have any beading at all? You might want to check if your ceramic coating is done for.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I use the Beadmaker on top of a 4-year-old ceramic coating (5 year coating...if it is true lol). I don't drive the car if I know it is going to rain but if I get caught out in it, I am not running home to the garage. I would like something that lasts a little longer. How does the NV Boost V2 compare as far as gloss and slickness are concerned? I read it lasts a couple of months, are you finding this to be true? Thanks
Honestly I have only recently used Boost V2 but so far so good. I do know KCX S0.02 does last a lot longer. And I have used the original boost but it doesn't last very long. All reviews says the V2 does last longer. As for gloss and slickness it is very comparable.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
NV Boost v2 is a great product, I was one of the first to get a bottle. It's certainly one of the stronger spray sealants on the market but is also fine for regular use as a drying aid, a little goes a long way though. It's not my favorite though.

IMG-4310.jpg

I would also be looking at Koch Chemie S0.02, it has great longevity, but I wouldn't use it as a drying aid, it's too expensive for that. The paint on the Range Rover below was absolutely hammered, but with the gloss S0.02 brought to the table, you wouldn't know it.

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

Considering you want the extreme gloss and slickness that Bead Maker creates, I would be honing in on Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, Ethos Pro-Shine or Adam's Slick-n-Slide (all the same base formula). Like Bead Maker, these are polymer based sealants, so they have that ultra slick feel and warm gloss. Even though they don't quite match Bead Makers gloss and slickness, I find them to be easier to work with, last longer and actually "bead" more than Bead Maker.

Drying Aid | Car Paint Protectant | Obsessed Garage
Adam's Slick & Slide (adamspolishes.com)
Amazon.com: Ethos Finish Shine - Ceramic Detail Spray| Spray Wax For Car Detailing Quick Detail Car Wax | Waterless Car Cleaning & Hydrophobic Polymers | Clay Bar Lubricant | Ceramic Coating & Sealant : Automotive

IMG-2875.jpg

IMG-3340.jpg

IMG-9069.jpg

IMG-4689.jpg

If I'm choosing, it would be Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, the lack of color and scent makes it more stable.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
NV Boost v2 is a great product, I was one of the first to get a bottle. It's certainly one of the stronger spray sealants on the market but is also fine for regular use as a drying aid, a little goes a long way though. It's not my favorite though.

IMG-4310.jpg

I would also be looking at Koch Chemie S0.02, it has great longevity, but I wouldn't use it as a drying aid, it's too expensive for that. The paint on the Range Rover below was absolutely hammered, but with the gloss S0.02 brought to the table, you wouldn't know it.

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

Considering you want the extreme gloss and slickness that Bead Maker creates, I would be honing in on Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, Ethos Pro-Shine or Adam's Slick-n-Slide (all the same base formula). Like Bead Maker, these are polymer based sealants, so they have that ultra slick feel and warm gloss. Even though they don't quite match Bead Makers gloss and slickness, I find them to be easier to work with, last longer and actually "bead" more than Bead Maker.

Amazon.com: Ethos Finish Shine - Ceramic Detail Spray| Spray Wax For Car Detailing Quick Detail Car Wax | Waterless Car Cleaning & Hydrophobic Polymers | Clay Bar Lubricant | Ceramic Coating & Sealant : Automotive

IMG-2875.jpg

IMG-3340.jpg

IMG-9069.jpg

IMG-4689.jpg

If I'm choosing, it would be Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, the lack of color and scent makes it more stable.
I like slick and slide, tried it after SkinnyB said he likes it. Seems to be slick and last.
We drove through some of the heaviest rain I have seen in a while for a good 45 minutes at 35 mph and when I stopped my car was almost completely dry :)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I would like something that lasts a little longer.
I will put in a shout out for CP Elixir. I do love BM and the other two vehicles get that every wash but, as many of us have learned, its lifespan is short. For those like myself who need the "therapy" regularly and frequently, BM is perfect.

But for my girl, Sarah, Elixir is my all-time favorite. Lasts a good bit longer than BM but is also easy to use. Fact is, as envious as I am of D's good fortune to have detailing product outfits send him way kewel chidt, my brain can't store that much data. <laughing>

Therefive, I pretty much stay in the CP family and I couldn't be happier with their products.

1716390149019-63.png

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I like slick and slide, tried it after SkinnyB said he likes it. Seems to be slick and last.
We drove through some of the heaviest rain I have seen in a while for a good 45 minutes at 35 mph and when I stopped my car was almost completely dry :)
Good stuff. I also like Elixir as Kilo mentioned above. I make my own though, I have both Ech20 and Reload and mix it myself to basically make my own Elixir. I mix mine a little heavy with Reload to make it last a bit longer.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, D... I was hoping you would chime in. I was rearranging the shelves in my garage last weekend and was amazed at the amount of products I have, that I bought to "try". I guess I will use the gallon of Beadmaker and then try one of the other suggestions....though I do have Adams Slick and Shine in my cart :) What didn't you like about the NV Boost?

IMG-4310.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

IMG-2875.jpg

IMG-3340.jpg

IMG-9069.jpg

IMG-4689.jpg

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, for the recommendation. Beautiful shine on your car.

I will put in a shout out for CP Elixir. I do love BM and the other two vehicles get that every wash but, as many of us have learned, its lifespan is short. For those like myself who need the "therapy" regularly and frequently, BM is perfect.

But for my girl, Sarah, Elixir is my all-time favorite. Lasts a good bit longer than BM but is also easy to use. Fact is, as envious as I am of D's good fortune to have detailing product outfits send him way kewel chidt, my brain can't store that much data. <laughing>

Therefive, I pretty much stay in the CP family and I couldn't be happier with their products.

1716390149019-63.png

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks, D... I was hoping you would chime in. I was rearranging the shelves in my garage last weekend and was amazed at the amount of products I have, that I bought to "try". I guess I will use the gallon of Beadmaker and then try one of the other suggestions....though I do have Adams Slick and Shine in my cart :) What didn't you like about the NV Boost?
I wouldn't say that I didn't like NV Boost. Considering the preference for high gloss and slickness, I would say Boost doesn't approach the same levels that a polymer-based sealant can produce. Hence recommending the Adams/OG/Ethos trio.

Also, keep in mind that I am often splitting hairs when it comes down to product evaluation, so minute differences can separate a hit from a miss, or a best from a less-best.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Beautiful shine on your car.
Thank you, James. She got a Sonax Perfect Finish polishing a couple months after delivery in early '20 although I hope to bump up the gloss a wee bit (soon.)

And I have a question for the Master (@DFB5.0).

D, my second polishing plan as of this writing, is to use Reflect with Rupes yellow Fine or more likely, Rupes white Ultra Fine pads, I have quite a few of each in the 5"&2" versions.

She has some slight marring here and there but the goal is to get over the top with gloss so she doesn't need much in the way of cutting.

Therefive, my question is, in your opinion, could I obtain a noticeably higher gloss with a different combo? Based on the clip you posted, I was impressed with the LC HDO orange but, they're only available in 5-inch. Plus, the Car Craft guy indicated that the Rupes Fine pads are a close second and even our eyes probably couldn't tell the difference in the gloss. So, since I have many of the Rupes pads, that's the plan.

Also, keep in mind that I am often splitting hairs when it comes down to product evaluation, so minute differences can separate a hit from a miss, or a best from a less-best.
I'm glad you mentioned this because I have wondered, (many times,) how difficult it must be for you to "split hairs" in reviews. These days, it seems like manufacturers in this line of work have dramatically improved their products' effectiveness across the board making the noticeable/visible results very close.

I used to have the same dilemma with bullets, bullet weight, powder and powder charges, while reolading pistol ammo. Just like cutting and polishing paint, the differences in velocity and accuracy were tiny and very difficult to assimilate.

Of course, obsessiveness is never satisfied and due to the "affliction," <smile> I would spend a whole lot of time taking batches to the range to "clock" them with a chronograph. The chrono saved all the data and I would take that info home and "adjust" then, crank out ten more of each test batch, and go back to the range.

Like washing, coating, and polishing, reloading was soothing and most therapeutic for me and I feel confident in saying, you know perzactly what I'm talking about. <BIG smile>

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Interesting thread...always glad to see different opinions and products.

With the current situation with pollen, I'm washing more often. Still using and liking Duragloss' Aquawax as a drying aid. I get most water off with an electric blower....then go over with Aquawax. While our vehicles are ceramic coated with Duragloss Enviroshield, Aquawax seems to be a good booster. I also top off now and again with their spray ceramic.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Therefive, my question is, in your opinion, could I obtain a noticeably higher gloss with a different combo? Based on the clip you posted, I was impressed with the LC HDO orange but, they're only available in 5-inch. Plus, the Car Craft guy indicated that the Rupes Fine pads are a close second and even our eyes probably couldn't tell the difference in the gloss. So, since I have many of the Rupes pads, that's the plan.
There would be endless possible pad and polish combinations to serve that purpose. I guess I lean toward Carpro Reflect due to the shear ease of use and no dusting. I would do test sections with the white and yellow Rupes pads using Reflect and see what you get.

Another possibility would be using Carpro Essence. This is a primer polish that contains Si02 and only very mild corrective ability. It's renowned for ease of use, no dusting and a butter smooth wipe off. You can use this as a standalone, but most use it prior to applying a ceramic coating. Again, team with either white or yellow Rupes pads.

CARPRO_Catalogue_2024.pdf

Screenshot-228.png
Sponsored