Base Model GT350R by year?

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
That's not just any other color, it's either you lost a bet or you are making a statement. Certainly doesn't fit within the context of the point. My point was that the HEP is just another color, yet the ones who have it adorn it so and (can and have been) smug about it when all it is when you boil it down, a different color and badges.

The GT350 R stands for more than just paint and badges, and if I may add, the ideology behind the R is maximum performance. If you want that, then the base R is the ticket.

Pink, lol. I'll look and see about some other color (other than the ones I chose for my Rs) and let the offer stand to prove my point.

Although I do think a camo wrap would be cool.

Yea, something like this.....
Screenshot_20240403_114015_Chrome.jpg

Iā€™m just about done with this thread to be honest as you continually twist my words and have made this into ā€œme vs youā€ situation which it is not and has never been. Have tried to bury the hatchet multiple times and got nowhere, and in reality youā€™ve been incredibly smug about how special your base R is while Iā€™ve been incredibly understanding of that and am simply saying color really matters, and describing the HEP in the way you did was unjustified because color is a VERY important part of the spec / package. Youā€™re also acting like we own radically different carsā€¦like Iā€™m debating my M3 is better than your 350, itā€™s legit insane when you think about this because youā€™re simply taking about some deletes on the same damn car! The deletes are cool, yes got that, the deletes add a bit to the experience, yes got that too. But we have the same effing car!!! Assuming youā€™re also the guy that enjoyed talking politics at the dinner table this Sunday, because this is exactly what this conversation feels like.

So please, stop being so smug about your deletesā€¦and Iā€™ll stop telling you how much I personally love the HEP color combo, and we can go our merry ways and enjoy our amazing cars. You clearly made the right choice for you, and I clearly made the right choice for meā€¦now like I said before, go have this debate with a Camaro / Challenger guy, that makes more logical sense.

Letā€™s move on!
Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I donā€™t have a dog in this dick swinging contest as I donā€™t own an R or HE, I own just your basic 350. As far as color I think itā€™s perfectly fine if HE owners (or any owner) are smug about their color, nothing wrong with being proud of the car you own. If that offends others thatā€™s their issue or insecurity. Color is important to people, we all select the color ā€œweā€ like not what others like. Iā€™m the last person to tell someone the color of their car sucks because ā€œIā€ donā€™t like it.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Wow, lots of venom going back-and-forth here in this thread, especially between Tomster and NPTR. However, there is lots of good information regarding this limited run of Ford GT350/R mustangs, which is sadly now completed.

if you look at the original 1965-1966 cars, they had lots of interior delete, and other weight measures in order to compete in SCCA B production, where it won its class back then. The recent 2015-2018 Base GT350R is the closest ford production street legal mustang to pay homage to these R code Shelby mustangs

But I have also seen a 2020 heritage edition gt350R in person, and they really stand out from the others for sure, They are truly the closest in appearance to the Original R model cars, and can be daily driven !

to add a little more controversy to this discussion, and my opinion, the ultimate modern GT350 ever made was the FP350S šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž. Iā€™ve seen and heard these track monsters at Sebring, such amazing vehicles !

IMG_7313.jpeg

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
As mentioned in my post I have really been through a lot of them over the past couple of years. I really liked my Heritage 500 (PP005) and put about 4000 miles on it. I had a chance to get a decent trade on one with 200 miles on it so I did that last fall. Having a PP car is cool but in my case the car I had was a "voice of the customer car" and Ford Engineers put about 8000 miles on it in a couple of months so it had some chips, scrapes, etc. so when the opportunity arose I traded it in. Over the past 1-2 years I've learned that I am not a collector even though I keep trying. That being said I sold the Grabber Blue R that was a (1) of (1) car. I like to drive my cars and that car was just too nice. Thought that I would get more into the car shows etc. so somewhere along the line I picked up the HEP R and the 65 Tribute (the most authentic tribute I have ever seen). Went to a few shows won best of show with the 65 and realized cleaning them up and talking about cars all day was cool but not really my thing either. I sold both of those cars. A few weeks ago I picked up a 2016 tri coat yellow R out in CA. The car is still out there and next week I am going to grab it and road trip to the Shelby Bash. So today I have GR260 Tri Coat Yellow R, GR302 Magnetic Base R and my 2022 GT500 Heritage. I have my eye on a black 2017 Base R so we shall see what is next.
That 65 tribute was so beautiful! Glad I got to see it before you sold it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Iā€™m just about done with this thread to be honest as you continually twist my words and have made this into ā€œme vs youā€ situation which it is not and has never been. Have tried to bury the hatchet multiple times and got nowhere, and in reality youā€™ve been incredibly smug about how special your base R is while Iā€™ve been incredibly understanding of that and am simply saying color really matters, and describing the HEP in the way you did was unjustified because color is a VERY important part of the spec / package. Youā€™re also acting like we own radically different carsā€¦like Iā€™m debating my M3 is better than your 350, itā€™s legit insane when you think about this because youā€™re simply taking about some deletes on the same damn car! The deletes are cool, yes got that, the deletes add a bit to the experience, yes got that too. But we have the same effing car!!! Assuming youā€™re also the guy that enjoyed talking politics at the dinner table this Sunday, because this is exactly what this conversation feels like.

So please, stop being so smug about your deletesā€¦and Iā€™ll stop telling you how much I personally love the HEP color combo, and we can go our merry ways and enjoy our amazing cars. You clearly made the right choice for you, and I clearly made the right choice for meā€¦now like I said before, go have this debate with a Camaro / Challenger guy, that makes more logical sense.

Letā€™s move on!
I think you continue to miss my point. I'm tired after getting off a 14 hour flight and maybe I'll wade through all of that tomorrow, or maybe I'll just let you continue to believe that color and badges is all that.

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I think you continue to miss my point. I'm tired after getting off a 14 hour flight and maybe I'll wade through all of that tomorrow, or maybe I'll just let you continue to believe that color and badges is all that.
If we just say youā€™re right can we move on?

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Youā€™re something else manā€¦legit feels like Iā€™m debating with my 2 year old. Letā€™s move on, this dialogue is downright toxic and the exact opposite of what communities like this are all about. Iā€™ll apologize to everyone here for us both for steering this thread off course and allowing the dialogue to devolve into complete nonsense like thisā€¦onward and upward!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Youā€™re something else manā€¦legit feels like Iā€™m debating with my 2 year old. Letā€™s move on, this dialogue is downright toxic and the exact opposite of what communities like this are all about. Iā€™ll apologize to everyone here for us both for steering this thread off course and allowing the dialogue to devolve into complete nonsense like thisā€¦onward and upward!
Whatever man. I still don't feel like wading through your garbage and trying to explain something so simple.

Enjoy your HEP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Whatever man. I still don't feel like wading through your garbage and trying to explain something so simple.

Enjoy your HEP

The feeling is mutual my friend - I appreciate the kind words, and wish you and your lovely car the absolute best. If you ever need anything else or just want to chat, feel free to reach outā€¦always here to help a fellow forum member and 350 owner, weā€™re all in this together and I enjoyed our conversation. Have a good one!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The feeling is mutual my friend - I appreciate the kind words, and wish you and your lovely car the absolute best. If you ever need anything else or just want to chat, feel free to reach outā€¦always here to help a fellow forum member and 350 owner, weā€™re all in this together and I enjoyed our conversation. Have a good one!
and yet you keep it up. Your behavior at this point is best described as passive aggressive.

Enjoyed our conversation? You are a piece of work or something

Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
and yet you keep it up. Your behavior at this point is best described as passive aggressive.

Enjoyed our conversation? You are a piece of work or something
Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
125 or so that were available to the public. Some were PP'S and engineering examples that wound up in the crusher or given to organizations. Some have been lost. The base R is the rarest of the GT350 models......despite any HE spin. The rarest of all GT350's

20191010_125245.jpg
20191010_125305.jpg
20191010_125319.jpg
Based on your comments centered around Pre-Production Base R models, there were a total of 13 Pre-Production Base R models built over a 3-year production run.

There were 5 TT (Tooling Tryout) examples and 8 PP (Pilot Production) examples built for 2016, 2017 and 2018 as the FRAP did not build any pre-production vehicles for the 2015 GT350/R launch model year.

None of the 13 Pre-Production Base R models were sent to Canada or exported outside of North America as some R models were shipped abroad.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback!
Based on your comments centered around Pre-Production Base R models, there were a total of 13 Pre-Production Base R models built over a 3-year production run.

There were 5 TT (Tooling Tryout) examples and 8 PP (Pilot Production) examples built for 2016, 2017 and 2018 as the FRAP did not build any pre-production vehicles for the 2015 GT350/R launch model year.

None of the 13 Pre-Production Base R models were sent to Canada or exported outside of North America as some R models were shipped abroad.
Right. I thought that when we discussed this a while back, there were officially 135 built and if memory serves me correctly there were only 125 that were in the hands of the public. Either way, very low production. It's a shame some don't understand that significance, combined with the true meaning of what an R is and what it represents.

Back to the 2015 model discussion, I agree. Very rare and if someone got their hands on one, they were very fortunate. Most were sold on an invitation only, and most who acquired one of the very few Rs in that year were very well connected.

This could lead into the GTD topic of discussion, but that will have to be continued at another time.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Right. I thought that when we discussed this a while back, there were officially 135 built and if memory serves me correctly there were only 125 that were in the hands of the public. Either way, very low production. It's a shame some don't understand that significance, combined with the true meaning of what an R is and what it represents.

Back to the 2015 model discussion, I agree. Very rare and if someone got their hands on one, they were very fortunate. Most were sold on an invitation only, and most who acquired one of the very few Rs in that year were very well connected.

This could lead into the GTD topic of discussion, but that will have to be continued at another time.
Officially there were only 135 Base R models built in total but Ford sometimes will release one of these pre-production Base R models from time to time therefore the total number of the Base R models available to the general public will continue to slowly increase over time.

A good example of a Base R pre-production model becoming available to the general public was when HR001 was turned back in and then sold through Manheim Auctions in Detroit therefore that adding another Base R which the general public now had access to.

After hearing about HR001 being turned back in I searched for that vehicle for about a month before a friend helped me locate that vehicle at a Ford dealership in the Midwest and they were selling HR001 as chassis # 3 based on the VIN ending in "0003" as they were not aware of the chassis plate sequence build on the passenger side dash.

Based on the high asking price and already having enough vehicles in my garage I decided to call a close friend after which time he purchased HR001 and even when the deal was done the dealership still thought they were selling chassis # "3".

I am aware of some other early pre-production Base R chassis numbers from the 2016 MY and the 2018 MY but just not sure if they have been released for sale to date and will keep a close look out for them?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Something like this would be cool as well.

Screenshot_20240403_115749_Chrome.jpg
SA is teasing stuff. Assuming itā€™s probably a Shelby GT but could be wrong

IMG_2862.jpeg
Sponsored