Base GT350 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Wonder if they used some electronically adjustable dampers similar to the ones that were on the 13-14 GT500 Track Pack cars?
Sponsored

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Nope those are drive modes, my GT has them as well except for the last one which is Drag Mode.
And what does it adjust? If not the suspension then it's just adjusting traction control for different conditions. Edit: we're saying the same thing.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Well, I stand corrected on drive modes. Apparently they do exist on the base despite the ordering guide saying other wise:shrug: Still not seeing Magneride though. There would be a little shock symbol on the display. I remember seeing it on the owners manual that was floating around here a while ago.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
And what does it adjust? If not the suspension then it's just adjusting traction control for different conditions.
It just does some tweaking in the Advancetrac to adjust to different conditions, and you can also feel a definite difference in throttle response as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
On my base other traction control button options 2 buttons in from push button start. This car has tons of control modes in app menu in between Speedo and tech. So many options, modes, control for launch, control traction mode within normal, sport, drag modes, etc. Lots of bells and whistles in the multiple controls and manual does not tell you how to navigate to what. Very vague instructions. Cool car, lots of sizzle and bang for the buck. I will try to go through car menus pic by pic and what it controls. I know there are questions on this car and to me that is why this car was kept so secretive. Just a plain good old race car with the bells and whistles.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thanks for helping figure out new things about these cars! I knew it would have some kind of drive modes, just like all the Mustangs in the lineup. I'm really hoping that you have the Magneride suspension too, man! Fingers crossed.

8250RPM

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a track pack and my center display and the buttons next to the start button are the same. As already stated according to the owners manual if you have a shock icon on the steering wheel you have mag ride. If it's a mute button you don't have mag ride. I think what the modes may still change are the steering firmness, launch control, stability control, exhaust mode.
Also on your center display PICTURE you have it in sport mode, the only icons are "S" and the steering wheel. My track pack would show a shock icon next to the "S" and steering wheel.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
And what does it adjust? If not the suspension then it's just adjusting traction control for different conditions. Edit: we're saying the same thing.
It adjusts traction control and throttle response.

Sponsored

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
Does the base model ride rough?

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the base and mine rides great! It seems everybody has said different things about the base shocks. What do I have in it? Don't know. However I have wiring going to at least the 2 fronts. I have not torn apart the trunk to see rears. I have run same stretch of road, same day with 20 minutes of each mode and swear i can tell a difference from Normal to Sport to Track mode. Everyone tells me these controls are steering and my friend who works at Roush says no. He doesn't know what is in it exactly but he thought ALL the Gt350's were to have a controllable suspension whether base or track, etc. I don't know if they are magnetic or a controlled shock with multiple modes. However there are wires going to the shocks and car rides great and handles incredible! don't know other than mine rides great. if all come the same as mine you will love it.
20151216_164329_resized.jpg
20151216_161958_resized.jpg

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Crazyfish I think you would know without a doubt that you had the magnetic dampers the first time you make an aggressive steering input or apply hard braking. Take the car for a spin and stomp the brake pedal hard enough to engage abs. If the front immediately pitches forward (or not) you'll have the answer. If you have a twisty road to take you can tell the same thing by an aggressive turn-in or better yet a chicane.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You just need to go peak in under the trunk carpet to verify, wont take more than 2 minutes

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pulled carpet and wiring going to shocks. Are they magnetic shocks? I have pushed this car hard and car is controllable and rides great. Car doesn't twitch when pushing corners. Again how do you tell? Black shock bodies with wiring to them.
I have driven lots of performance cars and I think this gt350 so far is the best handling car I have owned or driven.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.