Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Big 3
My theory, steering mode.
More likely he is changing drive mode and assuming it is changing MR dampers. The Base model still has drive modes. On all other versions, the drive mode changes magnaride dampers, steering feel, exhaust valve, TC/SC level of intervention, and I believe I read somewhere it also affects throttle response. I would expect on the base it affects all of those except magnaride dampers, as it doesn't have those. That's my guess.

Whatever the case, he's clearly not just adjusting the dampers as he would have to do that with his mute button.

We know this, but just maybe Ford screwed up and installed MR suspension. They screw up often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That seems highly unlikely to me. If it were a single part (like the dampers), I would think it would be easy for the plant to screw it up. But there are a lot of different parts that would have to be put on at different stations in the plant to install the whole system. So I think it would be caught downstream if the wrong dampers were put on.
Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pictures of dampers, please.

If you (somehow) have MR dampers, that was a huge misbuild.

If you take out the carpet floor of your trunk (where your spare normally goes), the module for MR is just behind the right rear wheel well. It is a black module box, mounted on a black bracket, which is then mounted to the body.

If you have that, I believe you, you have MR.

Otherwise, you have passive Bilstein monotube shocks.

Other than that, congrats on the car! Black is definitely up there on my 'favorite colors on this car' list, and hope you enjoy it for many miles to come!

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
Here's a photo of RR shock lable on a base model.
179.jpg

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
From the GT350 Track Tour... here was their MagRide damper on display:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - the 18125 base (middle) number is different from the part number used to build the car, as it is a service part number. 18W002 is the base for the rear shock. The prefix (FR3V) and suffix (DE) are what differentiate the shock from others. The F in the prefix designates the starting model year (2015 in this case) for that part. It would be G for 2016, H for '17, J for '18 and so on.

OP,
If you actually go look at the dampers on your car, you should see the label like Johnb-5.0 posted.

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
Every review that I have read is very positive, they all seem to rave about the 350. Love that "D" bottom steering wheel.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
More likely he is changing drive mode and assuming it is changing MR dampers. The Base model still has drive modes. On all other versions, the drive mode changes magnaride dampers, steering feel, exhaust valve, TC/SC level of intervention, and I believe I read somewhere it also affects throttle response. I would expect on the base it affects all of those except magnaride dampers, as it doesn't have those. That's my guess.
Not being argumentative, but I believe you are confusing drive modes and steering effort. They are not the same thing. Again this is all per the ordering guide. Drive mode falls under IDC which is not included in the base but is listed as included in tech and track pack. Selectable steering is listed as standard equipment. All cars have selectable steering. Not all cars have IDC (drive modes). The only other mode a base can toggle is exhaust mode.

We agree it is very unlikely an assembly error this obvious occurred.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
That's true, especially when you consider all of the other elements of the car that would be affected. For example, the wiring harness to the chassis and dash would be different. The steering wheel buttons aren't the same. Not all of the drive modes would appear on the IDC screen. And I'm guessing the Magneride probably has its own spot on the fuse block too.

There are just too many things that would be different for someone on the line not to notice, because it's not just a single part or system. It's not like the Track Package car that came off the line with a Tech Package spoiler.

Sponsored

VoodooMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Big 3
Not being argumentative, but I believe you are confusing drive modes and steering effort. They are not the same thing. Again this is all per the ordering guide. Drive mode falls under IDC which is not included in the base but is listed as included in tech and track pack. Selectable steering is listed as standard equipment. All cars have selectable steering. Not all cars have IDC (drive modes). The only other mode a base can toggle is exhaust mode.

No, I wasn't confusing them. I was clarifying that I think the OP was changing drive modes instead of steering effort. Appears from the picture he posted that his steering wheel does in fact have Drive Mode buttons, despite what the ordering guide might say.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Odd, so many here are so quick to discount all the documentation from Ford regarding what features this car has. When it's far more likely we are just misinterpreting the info. No disrespect, but I'd rather trust Ford than a bunch of guys on an Internet forum.

OP
OP
crazyfish

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Here are pics I took with drive modes. You can feel the difference in RIDE when you play with this mode button. When I get back in town I will try to get pics of dampers and pull rear spare well carpet for more pics. Here is what I got. Keep you posted.
20151213_132226_resized.jpg
20151213_132247_resized.jpg
20151213_132259_resized_1.jpg
IMG_0273.JPG

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Where are our other Base owners at to chime in??? That would be a lot of modes for steering feel. Maybe the base has adjustable suspension but just not magnetic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.