Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I have a 2022 Mustang GT with a manual transmission and it has a 3:55 rear end. It did not come with the PPI performance package. My car currently has under 2000 miles on it. I just finished upgrading my complete suspension from top to bottom and I am very pleased with it now. In the process, while turning the drive shaft while on the hoist, it sounded to me that the differential had to much back lash. You could hear a clunking noise while turning the drive shaft a quarter turn left and then right. Is this normal? My technician said you will get a bit of this, but he thought it was excessive. What are your thoughts on this? My car is under warranty, so should I have my Ford dealer look at It. Please advise.

As a side question, what are your thoughts about installing 3:73 gears into the base differential. I am trying to get by cheap as I spent a lot of money on my suspension. Buying and installing a Torsen, with 3:73 Gears, plus the kits are a bit out of my reach right now.

Thanks.............
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have the Torsen 3.73 and there is a considerable amount of backlash which from what I have read and videos I have seen, is quite common but obviously not ideal. It's how it is.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok just make one thread for a topic. Trust me, we'll find it quickly enough.

Instead of wasting effort on 3.73, retrain yourself to keep the motor on the boil. If what I've observed is widely applicable vastly tooany people drive the coyote well under 2500 rpm. The opposite should be the case keep it over 2300 at all times. Pick your gear changes to affect.

You won't get any argument from me that every manual trans mustang should have come with the 3.73 and the ratios from the 15-17.
Sponsored