Sponsored

Bad news Part2 (Farewell)

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Sorry to hear about the issues. You're being scammed now. You've already put in so much time and energy and are getting so close -- I say just power through and put up a fight. You will be glad you did in the end.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm reaching out to the dealer to see how they want to proceed in light of all this, thanks for the support everyone and I'll be keeping you updated.
Man, don't give up on the R. Take it where it goes, but don't ever give up.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm reaching out to the dealer to see how they want to proceed in light of all this, thanks for the support everyone and I'll be keeping you updated.
Good move. Follow the trail to the source and then find out the motive behind all of this. If it is sheer ignorance and they actually believe what they are spewing - that's one thing. But if they are doing it to eek out of the deal to cash in on a more lucrative one, push back as if you have nothing to lose.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Cancel the courtesy delivery fly there and road trip the car home taking care of the break-in period, They will try to talk you out of it because the original story is bullshit.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Cancel the courtesy delivery fly there and road trip the car home taking care of the break-in period, They will try to talk you out of it because the original story is bullshit.
Also a possible reason for this is they at least want it in the show room for a few days and realized that wont happen with courtesy delivery. I had to ship my car for this exact reason, but it was a small price to pay to get the car at sticker

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
That's what I'd do. Even if you are bluffing, watch the excuses come out then...

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
I admire you, OP.

We just got back from San Francisco. It was scary enough driving on your steeply pitched city streets in a rental automatic transmission Hyundai Sonata. I can't imagine you daily driving a GT350R with 3.73 rear and manual transmission on those double black diamond roads.

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
An update for everyone,

I contacted Ford Performance this morning regarding this situation and they of course confirmed what we all know, that these cars are 50-state emissions compliant and there's no reason why it cannot be sold to me.

When confronted with this the dealer backpedaled and are now saying they won't sell me the R because of their out-of-state sales policy, stating that I had told them the GT350R would be titled in their state when I had originally placed a deposit, A COMPLETE LIE.

From the initial contact that states my location to all of my subsequent emails and calls with the dealer placing the deposit and arranging the courtesy delivery to California, my location has been 100% transparent. I cannot believe people and places like this can exist using such shady business practices, and this was the treatment I received to an agreed ADM of $10,000.

I'll now be following up with Ford Customer Service regarding the recent events and for everyone on the forum, here's the dealer information if you'd like to express your voices about them on social media, yelp, BBB or what-have-you.

Thanks for the support everyone and best of luck with your cars, I wish I could've joined you.

Kevin Harris - Ford & Lincoln Sales Manager
Mike Ervin - GM

Spradley Barr Cheyenne
2200 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001

http://www.spradleybarrcheyenne.com

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
When confronted with this the dealer backpedaled and are now saying they won't sell me the R because of their out-of-state sales policy, stating that I had told them the GT350R would be titled in their state when I had originally placed a deposit, A COMPLETE LIE.
lol what a bunch of dingbats. How stupid of a lie when that is obviously impossible if you had arranged courtesy delivery.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
I wonder what they would say if you told them you would register it at your vacation home in Wyoming...

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
An update for everyone,

I contacted Ford Performance this morning regarding this situation and they of course confirmed what we all know, that these cars are 50-state emissions compliant and there's no reason why it cannot be sold to me.

From the initial contact that states my location to all of my subsequent emails and calls with the dealer placing the deposit and arranging the courtesy delivery to California, my location has been 100% transparent. I cannot believe people and places like this can exist using such shady business practices, and this was the treatment I received to an agreed ADM of $10,000.

I'll now be following up with Ford Customer Service regarding the recent events and for everyone on the forum, here's the dealer information if you'd like to express your voices about them on social media, yelp, BBB or what-have-you.

Thanks for the support everyone and best of luck with your cars, I wish I could've joined you.

Mike Ervin - GM

Spradley Barr Cheyenne
2200 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001

A WY dealer with an R allocation? Lottery? In any case, if you're going to lie (twice) make some effort for your lie to at least have some element of truth as to be half believable.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
An update for everyone,

Mike Ervin - GM

Spradley Barr Cheyenne
2200 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001

So you cancelled the deal? I'd make them sell me the car, just to rub it in their face. Plus you are paying ADM....blasphemy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So you cancelled the deal? I'd make them sell me the car, just to rub it in their face. Plus you are paying ADM....blasphemy.
With an R, $10k ADM is a bargain. Unless you are best friends with the owner of a dealership, you'd be lucky to get a $10k ADM.
Sponsored