Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
Glad your OK Joe.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Respectfully, I'm not saying a word about this while I work with my dealer and Ford. I am very fortune to have walked away.
Scary! Glad to hear you are OK. Best wishes for a quick and satisfactory resolution. If possible, let us know what happened so we can all be as informed as possible. Good luck!

-T

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I guess I'm lucky for my engine to have blown before something worse happened. Good luck working with Ford, but they provide the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Hopefully you have better luck.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I guess I'm lucky for my engine to have blown before something worse happened. Good luck working with Ford, but they provide the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Hopefully you have better luck.
Pfft, you forget BMW blaming M3 owners nuking motors on mis-shifting...

when it was happening to SMG equipped cars....

yah. Ford has a long way to go to hit some of the Euro companies.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Happy to see you walk away. Metal can be replaced, skin is much harder.

I hate the speculation though. We all want instant results but that's no how life works. Those that say Ford wont cover because of modifications are incorrect and those who talk about their customer service don't even wait to see what they do. Good luck and hopefully you get the results you expect

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
This is about all you will hear form me on this issue.

Ford and my local dealer have been AWESOME to work with from day one. This has been a very stressful situation. I slept like a baby for several weeks after this happened (up every two hours at night crying for my momma ;) ). I was notified yesterday that they are taking care of me and getting me an allocation for a 2017 GT350.

Several things I have learned that I will pass along:

1. Buy track insurance unless you can afford to write your car off.

2. Buy and Use your safety gear! Because it was so hot, they allowed the guys with "street" cars to wear shorts and tee shirts. I left my SFI pants and jacket in the trailer. I was wearing gloves and my helmet. It was the Grace of God that kept me from getting burned or worse.

3. If you are ever unfortunate enough to have this happen to you, stay off social media and message forums. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. And make sure you are well versed with the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Give your dealer and Ford a chance to make things right.

I really appreciate all the love and support I received from my fellow enthusiasts. I am so very thankful to have been able to walk away with zero physical injuries. I'll admit that I was a mental wreck for weeks after this happened. But its adversity like this that chisels us into the men we become.

God Speed YELANOR / RIP 04/30/16

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

Ford and my local dealer have been AWESOME to work with from day one. This has been a very stressful situation. I slept like a baby for several weeks after this happened (up every two hours at night crying for my momma ;) ). I was notified yesterday that they are taking care of me and getting me an allocation for a 2017 GT350.

2. Buy and Use your safety gear! Because it was so hot, they allowed the guys with "street" cars to wear shorts and tee shirts. I left my SFI pants and jacket in the trailer. I was wearing gloves and my helmet. It was the Grace of God that kept me from getting burned or worse.

3. If you are ever unfortunate enough to have this happen to you, stay off social media and message forums. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. And make sure you are well versed with the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

I really appreciate all the love and support I received from my fellow enthusiasts. I am so very thankful to have been able to walk away with zero physical injuries. I'll admit that I was a mental wreck for weeks after this happened. But its adversity like this that chisels us into the men we become.

Thanks for the update... Glad you're being well taken care of and thanks for the pointers!!! It's persons with experiences such as yours who are willing to speak out and help us newbs that makes me really appreciate the comradery of the forum!

Here, here!!!

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

3. If you are ever unfortunate enough to have this happen to you, stay off social media and message forums. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. And make sure you are well versed with the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Give your dealer and Ford a chance to make things right.

Thanks for the tip, and glad everything worked out for you. Hope you get into another GT350 soon!(but not before my '16 comes :ninja:) :D

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Glad everything seems like it will work out for you in your situation. I completely understand the non-statement statement. I expect we'll never publicly hear the root cause and who is taking the liability but man, it'd be nice to know.

Good job staying strong and getting back in the saddle.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

:amen:

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
Glad everything worked out for you and also with Ford doing right by you and replacing your baby. We all felt sick for you when it happened but we were all glad that you were ok and not injured because that fire was not a small one at all and it was fortunate that you came to a stop where you did at a corner station that had a fire extinguisher.

Good luck and I hope to see you back on the track again in the fall.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Great ending to a bad situation. Any idea what your '17 build will be like, options, color, etc? Will they do an R for you?

Anyway, happy ending to a bad situation
Sponsored