Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Hey what's wrong with Miatas? :p

Here's my buddy's at the track... I got to try his spec Miata before and it was fun around the twisties- like a gokart. But on the straights as you can see, they'd have no choice but to give countless point-bys. Here's my 650hp targa-top version! :D

I can't be satisfied with just only a Miata and no way could this replace nor a GT350 be sacrificed for this... but I sure would have a lot of fun with one added. It's not supposed to be a hp/tq monster but it is all about the superb driving dynamics and ability to drive it to the max almost anytime. Anyway I like this new RF... be a great daily driver plus hoon car to autox. There better not be any ADMs on this! :paddle:
Miata-RF.JPG
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm diggin the new Miata. Saw one the other day and it is the purest lines on a 2-seat open top that I have admired since the AC Cobra...

I would not be venturing to get it to have high-speed jollies but more so to enjoy a solid all-around performer that can handle track and DD duty without much sacrifice. Besides it wouldn't break the bank.

Not to mention, the easy on/off the trailer and lesser costs to enjoy a day at the track... Highly appealing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them. I just don't think I could fold my legs up into one. I do absolutely love small cars and I would like a Miata if it had about 300 hp and a 6'4" / 6'5" person could easily fit.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Nice list. As an XC90 owner I can confirm that it is an amazing vehicle. So great, in fact, that I think I'm going to pick up a V90 R-Design when they're released.

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I see lots of possibilities for that miata targa...on top of the fact that I think it looks great!
for people questioning whether you can have fun in a miata, ask driving school instructors / racers what they're driving for track cars and you'll find a lot Miatas. I've driven a spec miata and the mx5 cup miata at Laguna Seca and while under-powered going uphill (from T5 to T8), watch out on the way back down! Fast and fun.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
:amen:

This is nothing to be shy about.... a skilled driver in a spec Miata in the mid 2:30's at Sebring is fast! :thumbsup:

[ame]

Oh and watch this at Homestead's turn 1... keep an eye on the Mustang in the Miata's rear view mirror, and then passing, and then... :eyebulge:

[ame]

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I would rock the shit out of that miata, and I'm not even a fan of them. What are the engine/power specs? Would be nice if they had something similar to the s2000.

Sponsored

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would rock the shit out of that miata, and I'm not even a fan of them. What are the engine/power specs? Would be nice if they had something similar to the s2000.
The Honda V-TEC 2.0L and the Mazda 1.8L are very different motors and make very different power. A race prepped Miata can be a very different animal, however. Good Miata drivers lean to barely--if ever--lift off the throttle.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Interesting how they keep saying GT350 in that video, but they are clearly driving and R.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
2.0 liter making 155 HP. 0-60 is about 5.8 seconds - so slower than the slowest Mustang by a lot on pure straight line acceleration. I love the size of it (other than I doubt I fit in one), but I just wish they would up the power to a reasonable number for 2016.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Interesting how they keep saying GT350 in that video, but they are clearly driving and R.
In the text they specifically mention driving and loving both, but were not specific on how much time was spent in each version and how different they felt from each other.

-T
Sponsored