Sponsored

Auto Blip: Yay or Nay?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
While I love manually handling the Rev matching, I've been thinking about maybe grabbing an Auto Blip device for my 350.

Any pros and cons? I don't want to spend a ton of money if it's not night and day for track and cross country driving.
I'll say that the AB unit works beautifully on the track and can even be used on back roads when driving aggressively. Only downside is really you can't use it for daily driving and it does take a little fine tuning to work properly.

Hit me up on PM if you have more questions on how I set mine up.
Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
I went through the same thing this spring. I ended up getting the auto-blip and havenā€™t looked back. Itā€™s amazing on track, and completely unnecessary on the street (I leave mine off all the time except when on track.)

The only con someone can possibly offer is that you arenā€™t getting better at heel-toe. If you arenā€™t interested in perfecting that skill, and want consistent rev matched downshifts, get the autoblip (or a competitor) and donā€™t look back.
I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just wanted to ask this question and not start a whole new one...

My buddy (25+ years of track driving, mechanic, all around amazing dude) told me that he has driven some pre 2019 Mustangs with the aftermarket auto blip module and it causes them to throw codes. Have you or anyone else heard of that? I would love to get the auto blip, but I don't want to go into limp mode while on track... been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt! šŸ˜‚

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just wanted to ask this question and not start a whole new one...

My buddy (25+ years of track driving, mechanic, all around amazing dude) told me that he has driven some pre 2019 Mustangs with the aftermarket auto blip module and it causes them to throw codes. Have you or anyone else heard of that? I would love to get the auto blip, but I don't want to go into limp mode while on track... been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt! šŸ˜‚
Iā€™ve never heard a single person complain of that (I know 8 guys who run either autoblip or the xineering model), nor have I ever seen a code thrown on my car. My guess would be an improper install leading to the computer seeing voltage issues, which might throw a code.

edit to add: There was a short time when the mustangs had a throttle that was 5v instead of 12v (or something along those lines.) So if you purchased a model meant to send a 12v signal and you had a 5v system, I could see that throwing a code. Worst case scenario though, youā€™d just turn the blip module off and go back to heel toe until you figured out the problem after your track day.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door

I have the X as well. Love it for track use. I did have an issue with the car going into limp mode and turned out to be a PIN issue with the throttle harness. X sent me a new one and I have had no issues since.

The car only showed the orange wrench. No codes were thrown or saved. After a tow from the track they ran a PIN diagnostic and unplugged the X harness and replaced factory one. Car ran just fine. X was great in getting me the new harness quickly. I purchased it used from another member on here and still took care of me.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
LOL don't do it! First the auto blip device, then the next car will be an automatic. Slippery slope.

šŸ¤£

Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
LOL don't do it! First the auto blip device, then the next car will be an automatic. Slippery slope.

šŸ¤£
I priced out the Xineering at $522 + $100 for a PNP wiring harness and I'm like "I'll pay myself $622 to heel and toe..." šŸ˜‚

They waaaay overpriced their gizmo. If it were $250, I'd have bought it today.

Last edited:

Jet One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I'm probably .5 faster with autoblip. its especially good at tracks with high threshold braking with multiple downshifts. If you look at T-1,T-11 and T-13 at VIR it helps me the most.

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1

I'm probably .5 faster with autoblip. its especially good at tracks with high threshold braking with multiple downshifts. If you look at T-1,T-11 and T-13 at VIR it helps me the most.
Yeah this is where I was last weekend and really struggled through Oak Tree. You have to feather the brake pedal through there and downshift from 3 -> 2, and it's very difficult.

Oh wow, I just watched your video and realized that you were there too! šŸ˜Š

Jet One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yeah this is where I was last weekend and really struggled through Oak Tree. You have to feather the brake pedal through there and downshift from 3 -> 2, and it's very difficult.

Oh wow, I just watched your video and realized that you were there too! šŸ˜Š
Oak tree depending on the car may be better in 3rd. its so up hill its easy to over slow. 3rd helps me keep momentum up. I'm getting a little better at it every visit.

Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
Oak tree depending on the car may be better in 3rd. its so up hill its easy to over slow. 3rd helps me keep momentum up. I'm getting a little better at it every visit.
I have a 2018 GT and the transmission gearing is wider than in the 2015-2017, so 4th is 1:1 in my car where it is 5th that is 1:1 in the 2015-2017... so it takes a really long time to gain speed if I leave my car in 3rd coming out of Oak Tree. 2nd gear is *much* better!

From the prices that I have seen on AB and Xing's websites, I'll just have to get better at heel & toe while feathering the throttle. They have drastically overpriced their units!

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I bought the Auto blip. Had it since 2018, and I am alright at heel toe, but I feel this just does it a little nicer and saves on my clutch a little better. Allows me to come in a little hotter.
Sponsored