Sponsored

Anyone using a non-OEM clutch heavily on the road course?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I need to refresh my clutch this offseason and am looking at options. Would love to reduce the rotating mass if I can. Curious if anyone is running aftermarket clutches on their GT350 and doing a fair amount of road course work?

Alternatively, if you've had any issues with aftermarket clutches, please share.

I've explored this one a bit - have a note out to Mantic about what they recommend.

https://manticclutchusa.com/collect...in-disc-clutch-shelby-gt350-organic-white-box

Curious to hear from others!
Sponsored

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
Iā€™d love to know this as well but only have experience with stock. However, I have a McLeod RXT on order for the new track car.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have the same clutch in my 350. The engagement and feel is very good. My only complaint is the actual engagement point is a bit higher then the oem. Takes a little getting used to. I could feel a difference in the bite between the mcleod and the oem. I think the oem clutch is very good to.

Iā€™d love to know this as well but only have experience with stock. However, I have a McLeod RXT on order for the new track car.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I have the same clutch in my 350. The engagement and feel is very good. My only complaint is the actual engagement point is a bit higher then the oem. Takes a little getting used to. I could feel a difference in the bite between the mcleod and the oem. I think the oem clutch is very good to.
I don't see one for the S550 series cars, but this made living with an RST clutch in my Boss 302 so much nicer. Eliminated all of the free play in the clutch pedal. Might want to ask them if they have one in the works.

Adjustable Clutch Pedal Stop, 2005-2014 Mustang (maximummotorsports.com)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s a neat little adjustment part. I donā€™t have any play in the clutch at all. The engagment point from McLeod is just ever so slightly a little higher. The drag crowd would benefit from it for sure.

I don't see one for the S550 series cars, but this made living with an RST clutch in my Boss 302 so much nicer. Eliminated all of the free play in the clutch pedal. Might want to ask them if they have one in the works.

Adjustable Clutch Pedal Stop, 2005-2014 Mustang (maximummotorsports.com)

Sponsored

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
The RST in my Boss engaged right at the top of the pedal stroke which meant the pedal then had a bunch of free play until the pedal bottomed out. Made stop/start city driving, especially on hills, a little tricky. The adjuster eliminated all of the unnecessary downward stroke. Made the car so much better to drive. I know a lot of people with RSTs and RXTs have mentioned the same high bite point.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there since MM doesn't seem to make the adjuster for the newer cars.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, now I get what you mean by play.

The RST in my Boss engaged right at the top of the pedal stroke which meant the pedal then had a bunch of free play until the pedal bottomed out. Made stop/start city driving, especially on hills, a little tricky. The adjuster eliminated all of the unnecessary downward stroke. Made the car so much better to drive. I know a lot of people with RSTs and RXTs have mentioned the same high bite point.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there since MM doesn't seem to make the adjuster for the newer cars.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I am curious if there are any driveability concerns with the lighter flywheel. I learned from experience that some cars ecu canā€™t catch the rev drop fast enough and can in some cases lead to stalling. Hoping this is not a problem we will face with theses cars.
Sponsored